Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classic Old School ANime

Back to Guilds

This is a Guild about Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, and all those old classics! 

Tags: Anime, Sailor Moon, Japanese Culture, Yuri, Shoujo 

Reply Video Game Favorites
Anime that should get a game, or overseas release

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like polls?
  yes
  no
  maybe so
  cupcakes!
View Results

Elzingaiv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 am
I thought of a topic that I could post, thanks to my sleep addled brain...thx gray stuff, keep up the good work!
I was wondering what anime you thought should receive a game, or what Japan-only release makes you angry/sad for it's lack of an overseas release.

For example: I wanted the PS1 Blue Sub 6 game to come out here, also the idolm@ster game for the 360. I think a release of Higurashi when they cry would be nice, even tho it's a DS game. I actually think a Higurashi game for one of the consoles would be neat...but it would have to include a sanity system like eternal darkness or the Cthulu games. Maybe it could come out for the Wii so you'd actually go nuts like in the show?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 am
there was a ps3 gundam game i wanted toplay but i cant get it as it wasnt released out side of japan though i could import it as the ps3 is region free for its games i cant seem too  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Elzingaiv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 am
One of the nice things about the lack of region or copyright software or hardware on the Dreamcast was that you could import without any issues because it was the same setup without anything to block Japanese games from operating correctly. I remember playing some great games that never saw release here simply because the niche market here wouldn't pay for the cost of it's release here. Those were the days, recklessly ordering obscure games online and hoping we could stumble thru the menu to find the configuration so we could autosave the game XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:37 am
ah that brings back memories indeed XD  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48 am
I never was really big into import games, but I remember playing dreamcast games that were copied. My friend had a large selection of them actually...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:35 am
yeah dreamcast was notoriuos for it  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:34 am
Oh yeah it was super easy for dreamcast, you could easily make your own boot disc things and other goodies. Not like for PS2 on up, where you have to buy stuff, or get a mod chip which could kill your system if done wrong...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 pm
yeah but even then once your system died on ps2 or whatever your warranty was validated by putting the mod in in the first plaxce so even if i died and wasnt due to the mod chip etc you wouldn't get it fixed  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

FieryOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm
I WANNA PLAY WONDERFUL WONDER WORLD!! T crying T but it's only available in Japan. I love Alice in the Country of Hearts and I wanna play the game SOO BAD!! my head ill esplode burning_eyes  
Video Game Favorites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games