Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Hey guys. Nintendo are doing more to crack down on piracy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaettur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 am
8Bit Jack
The Betman
Well roms are legal if you have owned the game previously, and i usually stick to games I know.
100% false. If you have any copies of a Nintendo (or otherwise) ROM that were not produced by the company (download, pirated cart, etc.) then it's an illegal copy.
I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to backup your games, thus roms aren't illegal if you own the game itself.
It's kind of hard to prove it with games you don't own anymore though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 am
Vaettur
8Bit Jack
The Betman
Well roms are legal if you have owned the game previously, and i usually stick to games I know.
100% false. If you have any copies of a Nintendo (or otherwise) ROM that were not produced by the company (download, pirated cart, etc.) then it's an illegal copy.
I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to backup your games, thus roms aren't illegal if you own the game itself.

correctamundo.
the law says that you can make ONE backup copy of a game, although it may not be sold, traded, or given away. however, you MUST own a legit copy of it first anyway  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vaettur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 am
fire - link
Vaettur
8Bit Jack
The Betman

correctamundo.
the law says that you can make ONE backup copy of a game, although it may not be sold, traded, or given away. however, you MUST own a legit copy of it first anyway
That's what i said.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am
Vaettur
fire - link
Vaettur
8Bit Jack
The Betman

correctamundo.
That's what i said.

That's what you said!  

Waynebrizzle

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 am
Waynebrizzle
Vaettur
fire - link
Vaettur
8Bit Jack
The Betman

correctamundo.
That's what i said.

That's what you said!

That's what he said!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 am
Ribbin
Waynebrizzle
Vaettur
fire - link
Vaettur

correctamundo.
That's what i said.

That's what you said!

That's what he said!

That's what she said!  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Ribbin
Waynebrizzle
Vaettur
fire - link
Vaettur

correctamundo.
That's what i said.

That's what you said!

That's what he said!

That's what she said!

That's what ya'll said!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm
FUUUUUUC-
(sucks to be a hacker =w=)  

bloodsoaked

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items