Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Psychic Vampire Experiment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:26 pm
I have created an experiment to prove a self-proclaimed Psychic Vampire wrong. If you would like to follow along the link is here.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:40 pm
This isn't an experiment in any way, shape or form. It's a way for you to feel big by proving that a dense person is dense to your less-than-dense friends. There's nothing remotely scientific, impartial or meritable about this. If you want to laugh at fluffies, take it to the rehabilitation centre.

Although, irony of ironies, I see this hasn't been posted in the Gaian Coven of Modern-Day Vampires: I'm sure there're a few more self-proclaimed Psychic Vampires there for you to disprove. And, if you go to some of the other guilds you're a member of, I'm sure you could even debunk the claims of self-proclaimed witches and magicians, too.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 pm
Mitsh
This isn't an experiment in any way, shape or form. It's a way for you to feel big by proving that a dense person is dense to your less-than-dense friends. There's nothing remotely scientific, impartial or meritable about this. If you want to laugh at fluffies, take it to the rehabilitation centre.

I never said it was a scientific experiment.

Mitsh
Although, irony of ironies, I see this hasn't been posted in the Gaian Coven of Modern-Day Vampires: I'm sure there're a few more self-proclaimed Psychic Vampires there for you to disprove. And, if you go to some of the other guilds you're a member of, I'm sure you could even debunk the claims of self-proclaimed witches and magicians, too.

Yes, I probably could. I am a skeptic by nature. Of course, if this experiment falls through and it turns out that I am wrong, then the boy goes free to be what he proved himself to be. Also, if you read the original post he said he would prove it and I am giving him that chance.

Is there a problem, Mitsh? Do you have a problem with my seeking out the truth and telling people that they are being tricked into believing something by these foolish authors who see fit to poison their minds so that the youth of today can seem different and special to their peers? If he is disproved then he can go about his life either living a lie unto himself or take the truth and grow with it.

We have had many arguments about this, about stamping out fluffies. The fluffy regime is not one that should exist as most of them are destroying cultures and stealing titles that they do not deserve to seem cool or different. Hell, if this was Michelle Belanger I would still be doing this experiment because I don't know if psychic vampires exist or not.

The boy said he could prove it and I am giving him that chance. Delete this post if you want, I care not.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:31 am
Arcanist Angus
Mitsh

I never said it was a scientific experiment.

I apologise. I thought you were actually going to make sure that this was a legitimate experiment and couldn't be tampered with so that, say, you suddenly start feeling ill but decide not to say anything so you can preserve your self-image. But I see you claim it's just for the lulz which seems to suggest your motives aren't nearly as altruistic and truth-oriented as you'd like to pass them off as.

Arcanist Angus
Is there a problem, Mitsh? Do you have a problem with my seeking out the truth and telling people that they are being tricked into believing something by these foolish authors who see fit to poison their minds so that the youth of today can seem different and special to their peers? If he is disproved then he can go about his life either living a lie unto himself or take the truth and grow with it.

We have had many arguments about this, about stamping out fluffies. The fluffy regime is not one that should exist as most of them are destroying cultures and stealing titles that they do not deserve to seem cool or different. Hell, if this was Michelle Belanger I would still be doing this experiment because I don't know if psychic vampires exist or not.

The boy said he could prove it and I am giving him that chance. Delete this post if you want, I care not.

My only problem is with your priggish, self-righteous and pompous proclamations that you're somehow fighting for capital-t Truth. "Disproving" this guy's claim doesn't prove anything - there's no validity to it, and it's more about showmanship than a sincere compassion to "break through the delusions". If he can't cause the phenomena he says he can, he won't suddenly drop his entire paradigm just for some guy on the internet. Hell, you don't even know if he /is/ "living a lie" - he could be some troll.

And what the ******** is the "fluffy regime"? Christ, Angus, that's almost as bad as the "gay agenda". The notion that some folk on the internet are destroying cultures is hyperbole: they're just slightly cheapening their audiences' perception of it, nothing more.

The "youth of today" is the same as the "youth of yesterday" - teenagers have always sought to be accepted-but-different - how many subcultures have risen as a result of teenage rebellion grabbing watered-down philosophy applied to a period of tumultuous hormones?

This isn't a crusade for truth, Angus. It's an attempt by a magician with an ego-problem to poke fun at an easy target in order to further inflate said ego and get some laughs with his arrogant and maladjusted friends.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Possibly...possibly. And you see a problem with this. You are a very moralistic person, Mitsh, and I commend you for that. But at the same time I want to prove that he is real also. If this does prove that he is the real deal then everyone will be shocked and dismayed and blah blah blah. If it proves that he is not then he will stop deluding himself. He said that he could prove it so I am giving him that chance.

You, Mitsh, do not know me at all if you think I am going to lie. I personally think him to be a troll and that this is some ploy to destroy some reputation that I have. I honestly don't care. This is going to prove nothing but the fact that life is funny either way it goes. I have no self-image on here, Mitsh. This is going to do nothing for my reputation.

This is about blind trust. I am putting blind trust in this boy that he is not a troll as he is putting blind trust in me that I am not going to lie and say nothing happened. I don't lie. It is not necessary to lie and it is silly and stupid to lie. If I start feeling woozy, hell yes am I going to report it. I want to prove him either real or fake. Either way it is Truth, truth that he is real or truth that he is fake and deluded.

If my "reputation" whatever the hell that means comes crashing down I won't really give a damn. It's Gaia, not the real world. Sure I'll forever be known as the fool that blindly trusted a troll for an experiment that said troll said he could prove. I don't really care. This is for the lulz either way. I will laugh myself silly if he actually is a troll. But I will laugh myself silly if he is not a troll and is the real thing also. I will laugh myself silly if he is proved false and deluded. And if the latter is the case we can then direct him to the correct avenues.

This is about Truth, Mitsh. The truth of finding out what is real and what is fake and whether or not I truly care about some "reputation" that doesn't even exist, mind you. My mother is the one that cares about reputations, I could give a rat's a**, quite frankly.

Ever since I met you we have had this same argument about what is right and what is wrong in the Pagan community. About how magic is spelled and what a Wiccan is, etc, etc. It is wrong to steal from other cultures, cultures that people do not understand. Would you like it if some person came along claiming to be Scottish and lying to the whole place about his heritage and wearing a kilt and stereotyping the entire people of Scotland? I certainly wouldn't. Because that is what fluffies are. They are stereotypes; they are a group of people that have not done their research and give other pagans a bad name because they claim all sorts of nonsense that they do not understand. That is why we direct them to the correct sources; that is why we explain to them what the Wicca are, that is why we explain to them what the Gael and the Gaul are because they are making a mockery of other pagans. And it is wrong.

I know you do not agree with this because you are a nice fellow and you don't like the bickering that appears within pagan circles. It happens always. As I always say "We pagans are a silly bunch." And we are. We are the silliest and sometimes stupidest bunch of persons I have ever met. Yes, some of us are arrogant and pigheaded, I do not deny that I am not arrogant and wish to see what is correct in the world of pagans.

This is about truth either way it swings. Millions of possibilities could happen within these five days. Any one of us could be shocked into seeing the world in a different light than we usually do. Who cares about reputations. This is truth for me and for the boy.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:06 pm
While I'll commend you for keeping a level head and not storming out in a huff, I still find the entire "experiment" to be nothing more than a giggle for you and your friends. It's got nothing to do with reputation or respect, it's just some guy making an easy target of a troll - it's meritless, pointless, and a waste of time. There is no "truth" aspect to this, because if you were honestly trying to show people "the truth", you would've picked something that actually conformed to and met rigorous scientific principles. As it stands, no-one will be so shocked by this that their entire worldview changes.

I'm not an intensely moralistic person, nor am I so staunchly nationalistic that I'd be honestly offended if someone claimed Scottish heritage and then acted like a completely stereotypical Scotsman (though that's helped in part by the fact that heritage and nationality is nothing more than ornamentation and is about as significant as having a nice car or a well-kept study). Any intelligent person has the capacity to do some research to find out that stereotypes are not what they appear to be, and "re-education" regarding stereotypes rarely works. As for stealing from other cultures somehow being an inherently evil act - "it happens always", as you say. Japanese culture, religion and language was pilfered from the Chinese. Roman gods were appropriated from Greek. America is virtually a cultural mishmash of many different ideas, all coalescing together in a very Hermetic fashion - if you want to start your intellectual crusade against these antagonists, by all means, go ahead.

Honestly, Angus, there must be some severe cognitive dissonance going on that can't be explained away by "Hail Eris, lol!", if you believe that you, as a Chaos Magician, want to institute "what is correct" in occulture. Far be it for you to eschew rules, it seems you're too caught up in the "proper" way of doing things, of what is "right" and "true", rather than seeing that nothing is true, everything is permitted.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 pm
Ah, yes, I've forgotten that you are a Chaos mage. I dipped into it for a while, yes, but I came back to hedgewitchcraft somehow. Can't remember how really, it just happened. Figured out a few things and, yah.

And if you are wondering why I am now dressed in drag...well...My avi looks good.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 pm
What's mostly interesting to me is not whether this guy can do as he claims. I've seen people take energy from others before, and I've done it myself (as a method of training against energy vampires).

The issue I see is that all of those stories I've heard about energy vampires taking so much that their donor loses consciousness, or that they take enough that the donor becomes a vampire themselves.

I think it's much more likely that those stories are part psychosomatic on the part of the donor, or that all of the stories are just exaggerated. I also wonder how many vampire/donor relationships actually involve energy transfer and not just play ritual.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:07 pm
He told me that I might end up half vampire /shrug  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 pm
Wow.

Normally I would see you as a bully for this kind of thing.

But that guy seems pretty... what's the word...

Retarded.

I'll be very surprised if anything he said is true.

I mean, turning someone half-vampire by feeding is just a myth, I think. I've never heard of it happening in reality.

However, I have been wrong before. I'll keep an eye on this experiment and see how it develops. My interest is piqued.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff