Reply The Anime Art Academy
Once again....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AbstractAngel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:32 pm
....I had too much free time in school. I was bored, so I started drawing some of my characters in their cosplay outfits. This time their theme is GetBackers! I have 1 pic right now, but there will be more. Comments and Critisism encouraged

User Image

Can you guess who he's going as? ((I had no picture of him when I drew this, so I went from pure memory, so it might be a bit off.... sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:39 pm
noooo! crying I just looked at a picture of him...His sleeves are too long....  

AbstractAngel

menen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:10 am
yay! its kasuki the dude with the strings! but i think you should have given him like a more girly look  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:27 pm
I was thinking about doing that, but then I realized that I was only making my character with his outfit, so I just gave him his own features  

AbstractAngel

Tawney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:09 pm
One main thing that's bugging me is his hair.

It looks very unnatural... just a bunch of thick spiked lines going in the exact same direction.

Hair naturally moves in different directions and varies in length and width. There's also thin, stray hairs around as well.

Here's a little hair tutorial I just found: http://www.nird.btinternet.co.uk/tutorials/hair.htm

It might be helpful. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:57 pm
i like it!
exept whats up the chin?
weird...  

Seority

AbstractAngel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:26 pm
Tawney
One main thing that's bugging me is his hair.

It looks very unnatural... just a bunch of thick spiked lines going in the exact same direction.

Hair naturally moves in different directions and varies in length and width. There's also thin, stray hairs around as well.

Here's a little hair tutorial I just found: http://www.nird.btinternet.co.uk/tutorials/hair.htm

It might be helpful. 3nodding
Thank you very much! That tutorial was very helpful!

@ Seority: I'm sorry..I don't understand what you mean... sweatdrop what's wrong with the chin?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:06 pm
The biggest problem is that the right forearm is way too short ( and both arms are a little on the short side overall, but I'll assume thats a stylistic choice). Tawney pointing out the hair was also good; try to have more fun with it, let your hand move fast while you do it.

Good notes; you've got some beautifuly delicate hands going, and I like the pear-shaped body.  

Salsa Mime

AbstractAngel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:40 pm
Yeah I had kinda noticed the forearm beign a bit short too when I had finished the picture, but I was sort of afraid to erase it with the pencils I have....and this was the first picture where I drew my hands that way.......I like it  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:28 pm
kool!...but....is he supposed to have his mouth and nose so low? o.o if he isn't...i think it should be a little higher but the pic is so kool!  

Michie_x33

FraJILeSoul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:38 pm
Why dont you use the circle hand method.It makes drawing hands 100 times quicker,and easier after practice.Good Job though,look to see more from you.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:52 pm
Yeah I often make their mouths and noses that close to the chin....I sort of like it that way

P.S: what is the circle technique? are there any tutorials on it?  

AbstractAngel

Salsa Mime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:42 pm
I beleive he's simply refering to the idea of drawing an oval as a guidline for drawing hands: helps you plan the position of the hand and such. I think most of us already know that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:38 am
oh! that's what he meant! I never knew it had an official name....I just kinda drew my hands without any guidelines....  

AbstractAngel

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff