Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Bush Master ACR vs. M4A1 Carbine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ACR vs. M4A1
ACR
76%
 76%  [ 38 ]
M4A1
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:57 pm
My Opinon: ACR. DUHHHHH.

That Facts: M4A1.

Breakdown: The M4A1 and Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle are virtually the same gun, except for one key difference: The M4A1 pumps out more bullets. Given the ACR is more accurate, but sadly it has less firepower. The ACR is a better gun for longer ranges, but Assault Rifles are not Sniper rifles. An AR is to be used at a Moderate distance, and occasionally up close. And at either distance, the gun that shoots the fastest wins. However, this is one reason a lot of people have either Fall Camo for the ACR, or get their nukes with an ACR. It lets you keep your distance, and because there is virtually no recoil (because of how the gun shoots), is much easier to achieve Headshots, second only to Sniper Rifles or SMG's. The gun also depends on your playing style. If you like to Run n' Gun the entire map, go with the M4A1. If you want to lay down some Suppressing Fire but still move around a lot, go with the ACR. Although, to top the ACR's failure of firing power, couple it with the Shotgun attachment which has a handy little trick (later).

ACR Trick: If you use an ACR with the Shotgun Attachment and FMJ, the FMJ is transferred to each individual pellet the shotgun fires. This coupled with stopping power and steady aim makes up for more than enough of the ACR's flaws.

Synopsis: Again, the gun depends on playing style. It's obviously not a good idea to use the ACR on a small map like Rust, just like it isn't good to use the M4A1 on a map like Wasteland. Basically it all comes down to range accompanied by the map, or ingenuity placed onto the gun.

I hope you all have enjoyed my Presentation mrgreen

EDIT:: I don't mean to say the ACR is flawed, only in CQC. The ACR is at a severe disadvantage.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:43 pm
In real acr suks. But in the game its more powerful.  

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm
Exotic Player

Actually, you're wrong. The ACR is the British equivalent of the M4A1. In real life, these guns DO have the same caliber bullet, and both actually do MORE damage than they should in the game.

And on a side note, in the real world, the TAR-21 (Tavor Assault Rifle 21st Century) is the most accurate AR in the game. For some reason, IW decided to knock down the TAR's accuracy and slightly boost the ACR's.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:02 am
I depends on the game type
Hardcore- ACR more accuracy and higher rate of fire
core-M4A1 because it has a faster reload(yes i have timed with and without sleight of hand) and its recoil makes it easier for headshots  

A Killa Can

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:53 pm
ElementPro
Exotic Player

Actually, you're wrong. The ACR is the British equivalent of the M4A1. In real life, these guns DO have the same caliber bullet, and both actually do MORE damage than they should in the game.

And on a side note, in the real world, the TAR-21 (Tavor Assault Rifle 21st Century) is the most accurate AR in the game. For some reason, IW decided to knock down the TAR's accuracy and slightly boost the ACR's.

IRL, the ACR is an excelent weapon.

Magpul, Bushmaster, and Remington are American companies.

TAR 21 is accurate for its size. It has a 460mm barrel. The M16 is more accurate, due to its 508mm barrel. The ACR can also be upgraded to a long barrel too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:24 pm
Exotic Player
ACR sucks in real life?! I heard it's the future M4 and they are planning to replace the M4 with the ACR. Anyway, I like both guns. I think they are the best and most kick a** guns. My style is to Run N Gun and Stealth Assault. Lately, I haven't been in the prime of my skill now,but I'm doing a little better one step at a time.  

Desmond17

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items