Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Works :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Seme

Kawaii Hero

8,750 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm
My story. It's called Wet Kisses. I actually really need to write the second chapter @.@ .....

My dA - http://locorocococa.deviantart.com/

Hello.

My name is Angeles Smith.

I’m a student at Johns Hopkins, majoring in literature. Basically, I’m a wannabe writer. I’m twenty-two. Single. Not looking. Not interesting.

And that’s my life.

I’m not liked by my fellow students or my teachers, mostly because of my dull attitude. I’m told that I become a different person when I write. So, with nothing better to do and decent grades, I applied to this college because of my sister. And now I’m going. But, you see…I’m not you typical kid. I’m blunt. I’m self-centered. I lack this little piece of a social butterfly’s wing that everyone’s born with, if you must. So I’m alone a lot. And I don’t mind it, at all, really.

…But….I had gotten an unexpected visitor a while ago…

Let me explain. From the very beginning….

-------Last week, August 24th, 20XX--------

The sound of rain splattering on window panes echoed through empty streets, nothing too far away to get hit by the cold water’s grasp. A single person could be seen rushing through the rainstorm with a black raincoat, stepping into large puddles with every step.

He had arrived to his apartment and hurriedly opened the door when he heard a sound that he wasn’t used to – some sort of animal whimpering…a mammal. Looking around, he stopped, wondering where it was coming from before seeing the sight.

A golden retriever puppy, soaked from the rain, large, brown eyes wide and the small body trembling. Taking off his hood, the man was seen, now; frameless glasses were perched on the bridge of a straight nose, pale planes of skin with chapped, pale lips and dark eyes that oddly fit him. He had dark brown hair – not too dark, but a deep color.

Muttering something under his breath, he walked over to the puppy and stroked it, the small animal stumbling out of the Clementine crate it was in, running up to him. Typical of Golden Retrievers – eager to please…but just where was his master?

The man sighed, picking up the small animal and holding him in his arms, slowly opening the door to his home and going out of sight.

~~~~~~

Angeles had, for some reason, accepted this puppy. He normally wouldn’t have, but strangely he wanted to this time around. It was getting chilly, and he didn’t want a dead dog to-go in the front of his apartment rotting, soaking wet. So, holding the small little beast, he held him – it was a he, for the unmistakable organ was right in his palm – securely, as if not to let him slip out.

Golden coat dark from water, the small pup fit in his hand – the small thing was just bigger than his two hands combined. Sighing he walked over to his bathroom, turned on the light and shut the door.

A bright light turned on, the small puppy not even squirming, strangely. Angeles turned the water on in the sink, holding the small animal in his arms as he waited for the water to fill up. He looked down at the animal.

No distinctive markings. No collar. No lost dog signs on the way down. What the hell?

Sighing, he petted the small, furry head, turning off the tap and gently placing him in the bowl of the sink. He slowly, gently poured water from his cupped hand over the small body, his other hand holding it down. He took him out, putting him on the counter, soaping his hands and working it into short fur, working from the tail up. Carefully cleaning up his face, he took a small washcloth and soaked it in the water, slowly rubbing the male’s body, washing out the soap before putting him back in the water again, rinsing him over once more before letting the water plug loose.

The dog had been startled when the sound of the plug popping out echoed, as if it were a threat, and began to squirm almost automatically. He obviously hadn’t been used to that at his previous master’s house. But…for a dog to stay so calm when bathing was strange from the beginning.

Letting him go temporarily, he let the small animal look around freely and scamper about, getting the smaller towel before picking up the little mongrel again and drying him off. Sighing, he opened the door.

The small bundle in his hands moved about as he walked over to his room, and he set him down after closing the door. He changed into a T-shirt and pajama bottoms as the smaller being padded around, wide eyes looking at everything. Sighing, Angeles sat on the floor, watching the pup.

“…What shall I name you, hm?” His arm was on his knee, head in his right hand. The golden head turned around.

What happened next was probably the most interesting thing Angeles had ever seen in his life. The dog jumped up into his chair, on his desk, took a piece of paper from his desk and a pen, then jumped down and started to write

A sloppy curve.

A line. And a little curve. A circle. A line attached to it.

A line, then a small curve. A long line.

A small, short line. A dot.

A line, diagonal, then a curve around it to where it began.

C h a r l i e

Angeles stood in awe.

A dog just wrote his name with my marker in front of me. A dog just wrote his name with my marker in front of me. A-dog-just-wrote-his-name-with-my-marker-in-front-of-me. Adogjustwrotehisnamewithmymarkerinfrontofme.

What the hell?

The brunette decided to play along, trembling as he took the marker from the dog – Charlie’s – mouth. “O-okay….so….your name is Charlie.”

The dog nodded. Even weirder.

“This is my name….”

A…n….g….e….l…..e…..s….

“Angeles.” He recited, looking over at the dog. The animal walked over, taking the marker from him and underlining part of his name.

Angeles

His gaze softened.

“My parents….named me incorrectly. I’m not an angel. I’m not special. I’m not any different; Rather, I do the opposite of an angel. I don’t even bless people…I curse them. Nothing around me has happened right. I step on others…that’s how I got this far. I’m a burden to mankind.” Dark eyes were hidden over by brown locks as he bowed his head further inward. “I don’t save people….I’m the one who kills them all.”

He gasped, then, looking up at the wide-eyed puppy, who was still holding the marker and looking up at him. “…Of course you don’t understand. I’m overestimating you, hm?” Petting his head, he took the marker and closed it, putting it back in the cup he used to hold all of his writing utensils. Angeles stood, taking the paper and setting it down on the smooth wood of his desk, as if he would keep it. Hell, maybe he would. Just for the ******** of it all.

“I should feed you too…” He got up, going out of his room and leaving the small puppy wondering for a minute or so before walking back over with a bowl of water and some dry food kibble. "I never thought I'd actually be using this, but..." he trailed off. The dog looked up at him, but the scent caught him before the sight, and he jumped up, trying to reach the food bowl. Angeles couldn't help but chuckle as he put the bowls down, letting the little canine eat to his fill.

Sighing, Angeles sat in his chair, swiveling around in it a bit. "What am I gonna do with you..?" he said softly, looking down at the pup who was wolfing down his food. The small thing must have not eaten in a good five days or so, with his ribs poking out just a bit....his previous owner must have left him out to die. But for what reason? He was so well-behaved....

Maybe Angeles really would regret taking this kid in.

As the puppy finished his food and licked his lips, he padded slowly over to the other, nuzzling his ankle. The dark-haired brunette picked him up, holding him in his arms and stroking over his head and body slowly. He was slowly putting together a list of things for him to buy tomorrow....affordable things. Setting the dog on his bed, he sighed and got out another piece of paper, and clicked his lead pencil point up. Looking over at the other, he sighed. "Well....we'll need a collar for you...since I am keeping you now..." The small animal looked at him, almost with a blank stare. He looked back at his paper, then scribbled down a few things, taping the end of his pencil on his desk every now and then before writing down something or even crossing it out. The puppy moved around, padding along his bed, occasionally looking up at him before folding his hands in front of him and resting his head on them. A few moments afterwards, when Charlie had started to nod off, Angeles had finished.

Collar
Hair Brush
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leash
Food Bowl

...That was as far as Angeles knew about taking care of Golden Retrievers. This, basically, was nothing at all. Sighing, he estimated the amount of actually buying a book about the breed before he took out his laptop and searched it. Much easier. Ear-cleaning...basic....He sighed after browsing a while, closing the notebook and sighing at his list.

Collar
Hair Brush
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leash
Food Bowl
Nail clippers
Ear-cleaning supplies
Toothpaste
Toothbrush

Angeles sighed. It would be a lot of money in total. And, well, what they say about college students having no money is right. But Angeles's job could support him with extra cash...how much did he have saved up? The male didn't know what to do after he had a good thirty dollars extra from every week's payday, so he had started saving it up...just in case...guess it all went to this puppy now.

Looking over at the puppy, he sighed again. This puppy was making him sigh way too much.... honestly, he wondered how much he last. "Whatever..." he murmured softly, stroking the puppy's head and unintentionally waking him up. Blinking, he slowly picked him up, holding him before taking off his glasses and setting them on the small desk beside his bed. Carrying him with one arm, he pulled up the covers, nestling underneath them. He then let the pup go to become comfortable more beneath the sheets, watching him with blurred vision. Angeles smiled as the puppy curled into a small little ball of living for. Brown eyes sleepily looked back at him for a moment before closing, am, eventually, going to sleep. Angeles, however, stayed awake for quite a bit before his eyes finally closed and gave out, slow, even breaths leaving slightly parted lips.

And so he slept, not even able to guess what tomorrow would bring...

~~~~~~

The next morning when he had woken up, he didn't find the puppy in his room. Rather, he found the door of his room opened. Bleary-eyed and still slightly sleepy, he put on his glasses and looked around before his eyes widened. Rushing over to the kitchen -- the other room -- he stopped and looked at a sight he swore couldn't be possible.

Someone...was in his kitchen...trying to cook?

"Uh....Excuse me..." Angeles caught the other off guard, obviously, for the male had turned around with a gasp and practically jumped out of his own skin.

"Ah...Good morning, master!" the male had golden blond hair, dark chocolate eyes looking back at him with a smile. Since when was he a master? "I'm making you breakfast."

Angeles stood there, not really knowing what to say. Some....boy was in his home, cooking him breakfast, calling him master....and were those a pair of ears and a tail? "...Who are you...?"

Oh, did I mention he was also naked?

The blond looked over at him, nervously palming the back of his neck. "Ah....how should I explain this...?” Large doe eyes looked up shyly at the brunette man, who was still in disbelief of what he saw. How could this get any stranger, exactly?

"I'm Charlie?"

Okay, maybe it could.

{Annnnd that's chapter one smile Comments? Criticism?}

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 pm
User Imagehmmmmmm

i like it ^^  

MR HIGH COMMAND

Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers