Ummm sure XD
  No! I hate you!! T_T
View Results

iRAWR_MUFFINSi

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 am
Okay,first of all I want your advice on how to make better and how you rate it please biggrin
Second of all this is only the first chapter.
Thirdly please please please excuse my grammar. I have the worst computer and im new to typing.

And GO!!!
After 2 hours, sitting on the side of the road in the snow waiting dosent sound so fun anymore. Looking at my watch I wonder Alli was. "You see it now?", I told myself under my breath, "This is what happens when your best friend gets a new boyfriend." I took a deep breath and exhaled angrily. "Should you really be out here in the snow alone Skyler?", a smooth voice said from behind. I turned around in suprise to find deep, milky blue eyes looking back. It was Mason. I've known him since we were two, he was my next door neighbor and we used to be like best friends until- well, until he turned beautiful at the end of junior high. He had developed muscular arms and a charming smile that just brought out his hypnotizing blue eyes. He pretty much gave in to popularty and I was left alone in a snap. Coming back to reality I reply stupidly ,"Huh?". "I asked If you should be out in the snow alone. ", he said. I noticed he was looking at me like he had true cruriosity why i was out here. "Um, I was just uh, you know, waiting for my friend." I said noticing that I was stutering, as if wondering why he was even making contact with me. He began to speak but he suddenly turned his head and examine the south side of the street as if he heard or seen somthing. "What's wrong?" I asked him worriedly.
"Oh, I mean nothing, nothing's wrong." Suddenly the snow stopped and a gust of wind blew past us, stinging my face, it felt like somone else was out here other than us. I glanced at Mason who was staring into space. I stood up and got out my cell phone ,which was dead, to try to turn it on again. Great, I thought to my self,5 miles away from home and no transportation. "Skyler? Lets get out of here and get you home."
It looked like he was ready to go to war. In a flash I was jolted off my feet and it felt like I was flying. I dont know what or who was doing this but it was not funny. An arm was around my waist and the finger nails were digging into my skin. Its skin felt cold and hard as granite. "What is this monster?!?", I thought. We were moving in a blur when I saw Mason running beside us as I screamed bloody murder. How where we moving so fast?, I thought. A cold hand clamped over my mouth. We came to a sudden hult as I noticed my surroundings. "What?" my words were muffled under the cold hand. We were in the forest, there wasen't any forest in Sherock Hills. The closest woods were 17 miles away. I was confused and scared. I glanced at Mason and saw that his eye color changed to firey blue. I tried to scramble away, kicking and screaming when I felt a sudden pain on my neck as I passed out.......
~~

I awoke to see the forest ceiling and Mason crouched by my side. Suddenly I remember what happend today and scrambled up to back away from Mason. "Wh-What are you?" i barely said trembleing. Mason got upand spoke slowly and clearly, "I tried to-" "Your a monster!" I yelled cutting him off. "Let me
explain- Hey where are you going?!" he said as I started to run. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shouted with quick breaths, tears falling down my face. I stopped with a sudden hult when i saw Mason ,to my suprise, was in front of me. "Now stop and let me speak!" It was not the volume of of his voice that scared me it was the feirceness, the power, the roughness that made me frightened. "O-Okay I-I-I'll listen al-alright." salty hot tears were soaking me along with my wet clothes. Walking backwards away from him I stumbled and fell. "You need to listen closely, what took you is somthing you'd call a vampire-"

"A-a vampire?", I chuckled hystericaly cutting him off. "This is serious! Run a hand along the right side of your neck." I stared at him afraid to do what he said, the only thing warming me was my tears. Slowly I raised my hand to feel my neck to find two tiny creavases along my jugular. "Wh-What is this?" I asked in disgust, more tears filling my eyes. "He bit you, the thing who took you bit you." He was looking down as if it were his fault. "But im not gonna turn into one.... Am I?" He didnt answer son i walked up closer to him. "Am I?" My voice cracking as I yelled. Still no answer. I steped closer and shook him violently, "Tell me!!" I yelled then broke down crying on my knees. As soon as I calmed down I lloked up and asked ,"Whats going to happen?"

He finally spoke "Well you see he mostly drained you, and..." His words came to an abrubt stop like if he was going to say.......,"Chances are going to die Skyler". I shook my head refusing to accept what he just said. "M-me? D-d-d-die? How Mason? Why?!?!"I put my head down as I spoke. "I have one question. Where is that-that vampire?" Vampire? Vampire? I must be in a nightmare or something. I cant die. Theres too many things to live for. "I stopped him thinking it would save you." He motioned to the opposite side we were facing. I turned aroud and saw a hideous, dead, head-less carcass. I shiverd in disgust just looking at it and noticed its blood was black. I sat back down and buried my face in my knees, and a thought came to mind. "Mason? How did you kill him?" I was very curious, just one thought bouncing around in my mind. "Are you a-" "Yes" he cut my queston off "I am a vampire"

I stared at him for the longest time you could imagine, wishing he hadnt said that, wishing I could start the day over. The only thing I said was "You too Mason?" "I would've told you but-" his words cut off, Mason hanging his head in shame. "Is there anything elese you havent told me? Is my dad a werewolf?Is my brother a leprechan? I wish i'd never met you!!" and I turned around and ran off. "Hey!! Where are you going?" This time he stood still, emotionless. I finnally realized that I was weak and tired and I didnt know where I was going but wasn't going to stop.

~~

I smoothed back the falling hair from my face as the snow fell gracefully from the gray sky. I got away from Mason and finnaly stopped when I found a fimiliar road I was quite sure was near home. I sat at a bus stopand thought about what happend today and wonderd "Mason was a vampire all along?" Mostly that alone. Ive known Mason most of my life. At one time he was actually my best friend. I accepted the fact I was gonna die and decided to make the most of my time while I was still alive. I gatherd myself and started toward home. At school Mason was popular, I dont know how, but popular. He wasnt a jock or in any clubs, he pretty much gets by with good looks and mysteriousity. All the girls wanted to date him and all guys wanted to be him.

All but me. I've know him too long to give in to that. That's how im an outsider, or thats what Jessica Marco calls me. Im pretty much a loner besides my best friend Alli and my golden labrador, Buttercup. I have dark long hair i useually hide in a hoodie. Unlike Mason I have dull lifeless eyes my Dad used to call exhilrating electric green. Yes, my dad used to. My mother and my father died in a house fire at my mothers friends New Years party two years ago.Some New Years that was. Now all thats left of our family is my 14 year old brother, Brandon and me. To actualy get by in life I work at a video store across the street from our house and Brandon does yard work for people in town. Ive always wondred what life would be like if mom and dad were still around.

Finally I come to my doorstep and reach into my pocket for the key and realize the door is open. I open it all the way and look inside. I walk in and close the door behind me."Hello? Brandon you in here?" I walk up the old stairs into his room to find him in a deep sleep with papers on his chest. A grin spreads across my face as I walked over the mess on his floor to his matress and pounced on him and screamed. He jolted awake with a scowl, scatering all the paper across the room. "Wakey. Wakey, sleeping beauty" I said, forgetting the situation with vampires. "Not funny", he said rubbing his head, yawning.

As soon as seemed like he forgave me ( It took about a minute ) he said, " Oh yeah some guy named Marco or Max or Mallard said he knew you and you guys needed to talk. I told him you werent here and he left." My eyes grew wide and I thought Mason. I have to out of here , I thought. I sped of the matress and exited the room. Thinking of Mason made me remeber what Alli did.

As I was heading outside Brandon yelled, " Hey! If theres a probem with this guy I can call somone!" As if he knew somone. I headed down to Alli's place and pounded on the door and Jack, Alli's boyfriend answered, "Oh hi Skyler. We- Me and Alli are-" I cut him off " Yeah I know,kinda busy, but i dont care at the moment" Once said I reched under the dead Ficus plant and pulled out a key to unlok the screen door, to let myself inside. Turns out Alli was just watching reruns of Grounded for Life on the couch not even kinda busy. I stepped in front of the television obviously furious. "What the heck?!? Why didnt you pick me up like you promised?! You knew all buses were down because of the snow! Oh no but instead you hitch a ride with Chuck-"

"Jack" he corrected
"Whatever!! With him instead!!!"
"Sky, Im so sorry. I forgot! I swear! Im the worst! " She said letting her fragile feelings get the best of her. Her eyes were watering like she was going to flood the house with tears. I looked around the house to see Chuck- I mean Jack no where to be seen.I turned back to Alli and rememberd i do not have much time left to be alive. I strolled over to Alli and embraced her. I wasnt going to waste my final hours holding a grudge.
I let go and simpily said ,"Forgiven". She looked at me with puffy red eyes and laughed. "Where'd Jack go?" she asked.
"Who cares? Lets go to the Village."
"The Village? But you hate shopping and you know me and Jack are on a budget."
"Once again: Who cares? It's just money."
"I guess I do. I am trying to save up for a ."
Party pooper , I thought as I walked out the door waving, dissapointed and angry.

Sherlock Hills isnt the most exciting town in the world, so making the most of living is pretty hard. I could always rob a store and then blow the money off on useless things- If I dont get caught. I thought. Might as well just be in my death bed right about now. As is if on cue the birds stopped chirpping and evey thing was silent and still. I glanced around and saw nothing but the normal. I inhaled the freezing air and started again with long strides. I stopped at the bus stop to wait for my bus to downtown. Hey, if Alli doesnt want to waste all her money doesnt mean I'm not going to, I thought. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Hello, my dear.", a smooth accent said.
I spun around. there was a black haired, pale brown skinned crazy eyed vampire behind me. Oh crap. He chuckled as if heard my thought. "No need to fear me.", his smile crocked, eyes hungry," I wouldnt hurt you- Yet." My eyes grew wide with fear. " I just want one thing-", he said as his figers were digging into my skin, creating bruises, "The boy. I want the boy." Mason? I wasnt sure if i wanted to hear that name again.
~~
He said his name was Kaleo and he was going to kill me if I didnt tell him where Mason was. I kicked and I screamed as he dragged me effortlessly through the snow. "I told you! I dont know and I dont care where Mason is!" I yelled at the vampire. I screamed as he grabbed me and ran. It was exactaly like when the other vampire took me. When we finally reached a cabin in the middle of the forest he threw me in the front door practicly breaking my humorus by hitting the wooden wall. "Why am I here?", I cried. He smirked as if amused by my pain, "I know the boy will come, looking for you. Then it will all come together. Mason dies and I get Vincents approval hence, making me master of Iris." He smiles, proud just thinking about it. I stay on the floor back to the wall. "Why would Mason want to risk his life, looking for me?", I whispered. " Because he loves you, you Nitwit. Now shut up, I have work to do.", was what he replied. Because he loves you, was what was reapeating in my head. As reality catched up with me I shouted throught the locked doors "It dosent matter how long you keep me in here! Im going to die anyways!" Suddenly the door flew open and Kaleo stepped inside the dimly lighted room. "I guess we are going to do somthing about that, wont we?", He said with a charming but evil smile. He stalked gracefully toword me and wrapped his arm around my neck. He lowerd his head to my ear and whispered ,"Mason killed one of my best fighters, so I shall kill one of his".
PS If you Hate it just tell me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am
interesting that you just want a rating and not a critique. Though it is difficult to give you advice on how to make it better without a critique I'll do my best
A Title would be good for the story, and then after the title you could tell us that it's chapter one.

Overall I would give it a 6/10

Reason 1. The beginning sounded to me a lot like Twilight, but I think you've done a great job of steering away from that a little more as the story progresses. Though I think you should steer away just a little more

Reason 2. Please reread your story before you post it. There are a lot of tiny mistakes that stopped the flow of the story because it didn't make sense.

Reason 3. You go through phases of detail. You know how to describe things well, but you don't always do it.

Reason 4. I like the emotions that you're trying to portray, but stretch them out a little more. When Skylar feels like her world is going to fall apart and she's dying, stretch the time out. Tell us every detail as she tries to absorb everything in her short time left.

Reason 5. I like the "flashback" that tells us more about the characters, but it feels short and out of place in the place you put it in the story.

I am really enjoying the story so far. I hope that you do continue it. smile  

Kasi Karra
Crew

iRAWR_MUFFINSi

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 am
Kasi Karra
interesting that you just want a rating and not a critique. Though it is difficult to give you advice on how to make it better without a critique I'll do my best
A Title would be good for the story, and then after the title you could tell us that it's chapter one.

Overall I would give it a 6/10

Reason 1. The beginning sounded to me a lot like Twilight, but I think you've done a great job of steering away from that a little more as the story progresses. Though I think you should steer away just a little more

Reason 2. Please reread your story before you post it. There are a lot of tiny mistakes that stopped the flow of the story because it didn't make sense.

Reason 3. You go through phases of detail. You know how to describe things well, but you don't always do it.

Reason 4. I like the emotions that you're trying to portray, but stretch them out a little more. When Skylar feels like her world is going to fall apart and she's dying, stretch the time out. Tell us every detail as she tries to absorb everything in her short time left.

Reason 5. I like the "flashback" that tells us more about the characters, but it feels short and out of place in the place you put it in the story.

I am really enjoying the story so far. I hope that you do continue it. smile

Thank you 3nodding
At first (before I owned a computer) this was written on paper. Unfortunatly in a flood all the writing was lost, so now I am trying to rewrite. Oh, and @ Reason 1 funny thing is, Ive never read or watched twilight.This morning when I posted this I had to leave so I gave my sister strict instuctions on how to make it. She put in the critique part, Sorry sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:07 am
Bumping is innaproprate within this guild. It shows a lack of respect to the works of others; please refrain from participating in this activity.

This has also been posted in an incorrect forum. All original works should be posted within the prose or poetry sub-forums, as is fitting. Moved.

4/10. I am intrigued as to why you would wish only a number, and not an explanation as well. A rating serves no purpose in increasing your writing skills, nor does it allow for explaination of itself. Numbers are effectively useless in writing without the aid of supplemental data.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces