Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mollahmollahjong

1,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:18 pm
i know everybody wants to e a sniper and its the hardest thing to be and they have a high kdr but theres something aout looking through a scope that feels right to me like im whole ut before i try for anything is there any advice you can offer like what ranch will offer the best training  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:20 pm
make sure you can score decent in pt, shoot expert straight out of basic, continue working on your fundamentals, and ask your chain of command for a slot  

Dj S0nic B00m

mollahmollahjong

1,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm
im not registered they ont let me im 15 ut i want to be ready so next year when i sign up i know what im doing  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 am
talk with your recruiter about it as well  

Dj S0nic B00m

mollahmollahjong

1,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 pm
any special workouts i should do to prepare myself or anything i should know about  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 am
not really, just make sure you do something to stay in physical shape, and try to memorize things while really stressed out and write them down in a more stressful envirement  

Dj S0nic B00m

xion-tono

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:25 pm
Each branch looks for slightly different things out of their snipers, what branch are you going into? I know in the Army you don't have to shoot expert straight out of basic, but you'd better be able to shoot expert by the time you try to go to sniper school. You'd better be a PT stud (perfect 300) or better (the extended scale goes to 400). You can google what those requirements would be by the time you're 17/18, although unless you're really high speed you probably won't be going to sniper school that soon. Obviously, you wanna be infantry if you're gonna be a sniper, it's easier to get into sniper school that way, but it's not absolutely essential. Don't get negative counseling statements, keep your nose clean, etc. Just, don't give em an excuse to disqualify you.

From what I know of the Marine Corps you gotta be on ******** top of s**t. You deff better be shooting you some expert at the Island, and going 0311 is the fastest route to becoming a sniper. According to my husband they don't really give that kind of thing out to non-infantry MOS's and deff not to non-combat. In the Marines it's a lot harder to go to ANY kind of specialty training, especially something like this.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:44 pm
im thinken the army  

mollahmollahjong

1,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm
You also need 20/20 vision, I think, among a few other weird perquisites like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm
The Marine Corps will give you the best sniper training of any branch. They actually have an MOS for them. The are called scout snipers and are part of the Marine Special Operation Command. You can actually enlist into the MOS. But it is an 03 MOS so you have to be in amazing shape to get it.  

TiagoBrazil

instant coffee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 am
Canadian Army,
Be able to run for ******** ever.
No trouble in the last Ten years
they wont take you until you've done a 3 year Infantry contract
Must be a PT GOD.

also..can't be a smoker.
They offer 10 slots to the Army per YEAR.
you have to be king s**t to even think about it.  
Off Topicness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games