Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♪ International Music Archives
Three Thousand Members and Only A Tad Under 13,000 Posts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:18 pm
That's an average of only four or five posts per person, and the majority of people haven't posted at all. I don't understand that.

Logically, a guild (like mine, which has either 39 or 40 posting members and 3771 posts (which is about 94 or five posts per person)) has a large number of posts posted by a large number of active users.

Now I see that this guild is a good substitute for the Music Forums of this site because it could be more closely regulated by the large crew, but how is it that we get all the non-active, non-posting, members to get off their bums and post?

I want to see some action in this guild, it's too good for such a wasted membership. What can we do to make that happen?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm
Because people come here with the intent of taking up space. The internet is a free environment to do as you please. Whether it be to post logical information, not post at all and lurk... or just not post anything of importance and spamspamspam with nonsense that makes no logical point what so ever.

And as far as your statistics go... They mean absolutely nothing when you start deleting members and getting new ones. And on top of that, why base anything off of counts when in my opinion it's the quality that matters? I'd rather be in a place with much less on post counts and people but have communication skills that have a serious potential rating in comparison to some of the top ten guilds right now that are all chatterbox-based.

Of course I am not bashing any of these guilds. I am just stating if I was to compare where I would be, here is way better. And besides, we can't control people- as often as I wish I could, because maybe then Dane Cook and the Black Eyed Peas would be dead by now... But simple facts are people have a right to join or not, and people have a right to post or not. If they aren't interested, then oh well. I don't think we are losing any sleep over them. But we are always happy as a guild to have them here when they do get the inspiration to make a post.  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

The Scanner Sees Darkly
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 pm
Dead as dead can be, eh? I agree with ya.

I like your Last.FM, by the way. Sexy stuff.

In case you were wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 pm
I'll break this rather tangential and high and mighty statement down:

evilbrainbabies
Because people come here with the intent of taking up space. The internet is a free environment to do as you please.

Of course it is, and most do. That includes you. And if you want to do something, get some intelligent people here to post or shut up.

evilbrainbabies
Whether it be to post logical information, not post at all and lurk... or just not post anything of importance and spamspamspam with nonsense that makes no logical point what so ever.

Thus the chatterbox sub-forum and a rather large crew to keep all this "illogical" stuff out. No one cares what these people are doing outside this guild, I most of all, so leave them out of it.

evilbrainbabies
And as far as your statistics go... They mean absolutely nothing when you start deleting members and getting new ones.

No one is talking about getting new members. This is all a fabrication of your own making. I am talking about what we can do about all the members we already have (plus, this is a public guild, we can post without joining. Even I did that).

evilbrainbabies
And on top of that, why base anything off of counts when in my opinion it's the quality that matters?

My guild has that many members, I stated above, and that many posts. So far no one has just sat there and spammed outside the areas where they are allowed to spam whatever the hell they want. And guess what? It is either interesting, funny, or just general banter. None of the above are bad things. So I would say that out of a very active group of ten people we've done well for ourselves. We're a guild of intelligent people.

evilbrainbabies
I'd rather be in a place with much less on post counts and people but have communication skills that have a serious potential rating in comparison to some of the top ten guilds right now that are all chatterbox-based.
No one brought in anything about making the top guilds spot, stop making s**t up, this is not what I am talking about, this guild doesn't need post count, it needs people to be more active. I am sure that a lot of the people are intelligent enough to hold their own.

Also if you want intelligent conversation and a place that isn't all CB-oriented, make a guild of your own and fill it with only those who will have intelligent conversation.

evilbrainbabies
Of course I am not bashing any of these guilds. I am just stating if I was to compare where I would be, here is way better.

Of course here is way better, and this place is obviously not a Chatterbox even though it has one. I just want a lot more of the members to be active.

evilbrainbabies
And besides, we can't control people- as often as I wish I could, because maybe then Dane Cook and the Black Eyed Peas would be dead by now...

The latter part of this statement is irrelevant. The former part is also pretty stupid, I'm not talking about controlling all 3000 of these members and telling them to post, I am only wondering how to get some of them to be more active.

evilbrainbabies
But simple facts are people have a right to join or not, and people have a right to post or not.

And guess, what? I already said it, anyone can post here. Even if they don't join. I want to get those that have joined to show some initiative to this guild.

evilbrainbabies
If they aren't interested, then oh well.

If they aren't interested then why did they join the guild? Because having fifty billion guilds in their list of joined guilds is cool, no doubt.

evilbrainbabies
I don't think we are losing any sleep over them. But we are always happy as a guild to have them here when they do get the inspiration to make a post.

Of course not, because you're in a little safety bubble that you think is great. I think a three thousand member guild should have at least 100 heavily active members and 500 sparingly active members, and the rest just taking up the proverbial internet space.

Inspire them with guild announcements to the masses. Tell them that we have interesting s**t going on here. Get at least that hundred of them to be more active. I hate guilds that have ridiculous numbers of members and as few of them as this guild has active active. It's pointless to have that many members, simple as that.  

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:50 pm
The Scanner Sees Darkly
Dead as dead can be, eh? I agree with ya.

I like your Last.FM, by the way. Sexy stuff.

In case you were wondering.

It's even more dead than my guild, and my guild is ******** dead... neutral

Also, thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you hate this guild so much why are you here waasting your time posting about how much you hate and being rude to people?
Just take your cr*p somewhere else.

Verendum
Crew

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 am
Take the stick out of your a** and the blinders off, don't you realize that this guild could be a whole hell of a lot more active?

You're as xenophobic as he is.

"I LIKE THIS GUILD THE WAY IT IS AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE COMING IN TO CHANGE THAT!"

FFS... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 am
some random
I LIKE THIS GUILD THE WAY IT IS AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE COMING IN TO CHANGE THAT!"

Nobody said that.
And I just dont wan't some rude id***t coming in and abusing everyone so why don't just go back and play with your group of "intelligent" people.  

Verendum
Crew

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:04 am
brainbabies did.

You don't seem to know the English language very well.

That is all he said with that huge block of text.

Edit: Also, learn to take s**t or you'll never make it in this world.

Oh, and, I should have addressed this earlier, but when the hell did I say I hate? That is putting words into my mouth. neutral

And one more thing, you're being rude to me, too, and that's just making you a hypocrite, so sit down and shut up or Gandhi up your posts a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 am
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
brainbabies did.

You don't seem to know the English language very well.

That is all he said with that huge block of text.

Edit: Also, learn to take s**t or you'll never make it in this world.

Oh, and, I should have addressed this earlier, but when the hell did I say I hate? That is putting words into my mouth. neutral

And one more thing, you're being rude to me, too, and that's just making you a hypocrite, so sit down and shut up or Gandhi up your posts a bit.

confused uh... excuse me? What did I do? I only stated information. I am not the proprietor of the guild, I am only a moderator over it. Nor did I say one word of information on "change" or "liking". I only stated people have there reasons for posting or not posting and left it at that with no statement otherwise outside of the normal digressions that I generally lead into.

And to anyone doing any trolling, flaming, harrassment, etc. Please stop for the sake of the conversations throughout the guild. Calling one another idiots and hypocrites does not lead down a civilized path. So please stop.

In any case, this conversation has taken a turn for the worse, since it is obvious that it is a bash toward my statement- which as I said was mere statements. No views what so ever. But harrassment will not be tolerated and thus, I will be locking this thread.  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

The Scanner Sees Darkly
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm
Look, while I agree with this post enough, it's nothing but flamebait, and is boiling down to a flame war pretty quickly.

Yeah, it's inactive, but there are some good people here. My advice would be to make a few threads and see if anybody enjoys your tastes. You'll have a lot more fun that way. Post in other's threads more. Maybe invite a few people that you know would post a lot to join, expanding our community. Don't just complain about it.

To everybody engaging in the flame war: Please don't degrade our image by posting like this. If this were my subforum, I'd warn you at least, but it is not.

Locked.

EDIT: Well, now I feel silly. I didn't even know I could post in locked threads...  
♪ International Music Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games