Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you help me?
  Sure 8D
  ******** NO! >=(
View Results

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:33 pm
So I got some homework to design my own card and/or dice based game, I made a board game with TWEWY influences that would be played on a clue board game but instead of the rooms it would have some of the places in TWEWY, what I need is for people to tell me if, upon reading the instructions, they understand how the game should play and how the missions function.

Quote:
Welcome to the Reaper's game. In case any of you haven't noticed you're dead, now you have one of two options, pass on, or play our game. The rules are simple "complete the missions" follow this one rule and the winners will get to return to the world of the living. Fail and face erasure from existence. In order to participate you must surrender the thing you hold most dear. So then, will you accept?

OBJECT
The object of the game is to be the first player to solve the riddle and defeat the boss of the “day.” A Day consists of one riddle and a boss battle at the location of the riddle's solution. The player who beats the final boss on Day 7 wins.

EQUIPMENT
1 4-sided die, 3 6-sided dice, 1 10-sided die, 2 full decks of cards, 1 half deck of cards(Ace-6)

THE PLAY
In this game random enemey monsters called “Noise” will attack you. To fight you have one of four options such as rolling a 6-sided die, playing a high or low system and others that will be explained in more detail, when you make your attacks you see if you kill the monster, if it lives the monster gets one attack off on you, then you attack again. When starting this game you must roll a 4-sided dice to determine your entering stats. 1= HP 30 ATK 25 / 2= HP 40 ATK 20 / 3= HP 50 ATK 15 / 4= HP 60 ATK 10.

MOVEMENT
Players move by rolling the 10-sided die and 6-sided die, moving their figure the number of spaces represented by the 10-sided die, Pieces may move forward, backward or to the side, but not diagonally. Enter or leave a city section by moving through the doorway or using a secret passage found in the corner rooms. Your turn ends when your token enters a room, no matter what the die roll was.

NOISE
Noise are encountered by the number shown on the 6-sided die, if your token moves a number more than or equal to the 6-sided die you will encounter a Noise when you finish moving. If your roll is less than the 6-sided die or if you enter a city section you have avoided the noise and do not have to battle.

BATTLING
While moving about the board your character may encounter a Noise, when this occurs you roll a ten sided die to determine which creature you are facing. You proceed to initiate your atttack first and if the monster is still alive you roll another die. Evens means you lose HP equal to its ATK, odds means it misses and you go again. After the monster is defeated your HP is healed.

HEALING DURING BATTLES
On the second Day you have access to healing. At first you can only heal once per battle and it works like a standard attack, any percentage you get is how much of your total HP you heal. If you miss then you have to wait till after the noise attack then you may try again. They will level up automatically as the Days progress, with Day 7 having six uses per battle

BATTLE TYPES
Neku: 6-sided die. When attacking you roll a 6-sided die, with different numbers representing different attack percentages.{Ex. 5= 50% damage} Your numbers will be chosen by yourself at the beginning of the game, you must have one 100%, one Critical hit(double damage), two miss, and two 50%, if you roll a percentage round to the nearest whole number. The major advantage of this type is that if you roll the same number twice in a row you level up one of your attacks, turning either one of your misses into a 25% or one of your 50% to 75%. These changes take effect after the current battle you are in is over. Your percentages can continue to be raised to 100%, however you must always keep one number as a miss.

Joshua: 12-sided die, Deck of cards. When attacking you roll a 12-sided die, you must then predict whether the card on the top of the deck is higher or lower than the number rolled, if you guess correctly you hit, if you guess incorrectly you only do half of your usual damage. If you are feeling especially lucky you can choose to say that the card from the top of the deck is the same number as the dice, if you do this and guess incorrectly you miss but if you get it right you get a critical hit, doing double your usual damage. Subsequently if the top card is a king you get a critical hit as well. The cards can only return to the deck once the battle is over.

Shiki: 4-sided die, 6-sided die, half deck of cards(A-6). You must first shuffle the deck and draw seven cards, you then roll the dice and determine what card and suit you must play or beat. The four sided die represents the suit of the card one being the hearts, two being the clubs, three being the diamond, lastly four being the spade. The 6-sided die represents the face value of the card you must play or beat. If you play a card of a higher value and the same suit you do full damage, if you play a card of a higher or same value and a different suit you do half damage, if you have no higher number it is a miss. If you play the same card of the same suit you do a critical hit, dealing four times the normal damage! After playing a card you draw a new one from the deck, the cards are returned to the deck once the battle is over.

Beat: deck of cards. You play cards from the top of the deck two at a time, if the value of the cards is greater than or equal to thirteen you do full damage, you subtract 10% for each number you are below 13. After drawing the cards from the deck you place the both of them on the table touching each other, next round of your attack you take the new two cards and place them on either side of the two already on the table making sure the new two cards are touching each other, matching the suits if at all possible, next round you repeat the process, placing the two new cards on either side of the existing four. This continues until a face (K,Q,J) card appears, once a face card appears you count any suits directly touching each other and multiply your attack by that number.

LEVELING UP
Upon defeating a noise you gain a level in HP or Atk. You choose a stat to increase gaining 10 HP or 5 Atk.
Upon completion of the Day all players gain a level in both HP and Atk. The player who defeated the final boss of the Day gains two levels in both HP and Atk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 am
seems simple enough. and yeah i get what your saying.  

Xilo The Odd

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Quote:

What is this? Why does the person who made this thread not exist?

..Or is it just me? >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm
User Image
You level up every fight?

User Image

Cabron the Swan

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:23 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
You level up every fight?

User Image
only way I could think of for making it work for all classes. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 pm
ChaosTorrent
Quote:

What is this? Why does the person who made this thread not exist?

..Or is it just me? >_>
i had this problem in another thread. i dunno gaia might be censoring us. ALL OF US  

Xilo The Odd

Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff