Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm
Kittymeeow
GuruGuru214
Helene magin
Why not just download the roms? Cartridges break down eventually. Files get copied. Seriously, you can get all the SNES games for free. Nintendo isn't manufacturing old cartridges anymore. So, why worry about paying for it?

Just buy an external controller, put it on your computer. Download the emulator, set your controls. You are still using a controller so it practically feels the same. For the cost of one usb game controller if you know where to look you can get all of the old games for free just like that.

How do you think I tried out Earthbound and played the original version of ALttP? That said, there's something to be said for having a nice collection.

User Image
(New console in the collection, new picture.)

As for what you don't see...well, my friend decided to catalog his collection and determine whether or not he'd beaten each of his games. I decided to follow suit. So here's how it goes: I have 202 games. By system, that's 17 NES, 2 SNES, 29 Genesis, 8 N64, 45 GameCube, 27 Wii, 2 WiiWare, 8 Virtual Console, 8 Game Boy, 7 Game Boy Color, 27 Game Boy Advance, and 22 DS. That's 119 cartridges/game cards, 58 discs, and 10 digital games. Not counting re-releases (like Zelda Collector's Edition and Sonic Mega Collection), I have 185 unique games. As for my progress, of the original 202, there's 55 that I have no intention of beating for one reason or another. Of the remaining 147, I've finished 96 (73%), I'm in the middle of 24, and haven't started 27. Oh, and I didn't count Atari or PC games.

And I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that I'm not only interested in the games to play them, I also have a collection that I take pride in, and having an SNES with only two games seems like a bit of a waste.

ATARI ALL THE WAY!!! WOOOOOT! Love that system!! <3<3

I would say Bubsy 2 and Goof Troop were fun when I was younger.. havent played them in a long time...
Donkey kong countrys, Mario Bro superstars, Mario kart, MEGA MAN!!! I cant think of any others.

I see a copy of Super Metroid in the SNES (Epic classic game! biggrin ). Also, you know what's interesting? I have a PERFECT Super Nintendo that hasn't yellowed (yet).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm
KING_METROID_PRIME_2K
I see a copy of Super Metroid in the SNES (Epic classic game! biggrin ). Also, you know what's interesting? I have a PERFECT Super Nintendo that hasn't yellowed (yet).

Impressive, I can't even tell that that's Super Metroid in the original photo, before I shrunk it. If you're wondering, I have Asteroids in the Atari, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt in the NES, Sonic 3 & Knuckles in the Genesis, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron in the N64 (since it's my only N64 game I haven't beaten), the Game Boy Player disc in the GameCube, and Rock Band 2 in the Wii. The cartridge sitting on the Atari is E.T., Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts is sitting on the SNES behind Super Metroid, the Genesis is sitting with Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Sonic 2, and the N64 has Majora's Mask and Pokemon Stadium 2 sitting with it.  

GuruGuru214

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm
GuruGuru214
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Impressive collection there guy, I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy a atari though. I settled for a tv-plug in play version.

Again you should consider at least testing these game suggestions out in some way before you go forth and hunt for them.

Oh, I didn't go out of my way for that Atari. I've had that since before I was born. I'm not sure if my dad would ever let me remove it from the house...

And yeah, I was intending to do that.

Ribbin
Oh s**t, totally forgot. Mega Man X. Must have.

I dunno... A couple friends of mine got me Mega Man X: Command Mission as a joke gift a couple years ago and it may have ruined it for me. Come to think of it, one of those friends is the one who got me the SNES...

Oh, and I neglected to mention one piece of my collection. 1 PS3 game. I don't own a PS3, but it was free, which is the only way I'd ever take Lego Rock Band anyway.

What? Command Mission is an RPG, it couldn't possibly ruin the fun that the real Mega Man X holds in store for you!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the Mega Man series. So far, my short history with it involves trying out the first game and getting my a** kicked and playing Command Mission and just being bored (and it's very difficult for a game to bore me). My only positive experiences with it were Bob and George and the .EXE cartoons. I'm not saying I don't have an open mind, but...so far I have yet to have a positive experience with a Mega Man game.  

GuruGuru214

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 am
The lack of Demon Crest being mentioned is a crime.

Get Demon Crest.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 am
Pocky and Rocky for sho' man

And starfox. those are my favorite SNES games :]  

donugee

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:34 am
Ribbin

Holy s**t, you own Real Bout High School too! O:

What a terrible anime. xD

Wow, I missed this post earlier. Anyway, no, I don't own Real Bout High School. I'm more or less permanently borrowing it from a friend. The sad thing is, it's her duplicate set. Someone gave her another one that came with the cardboard box. So her other copy is sitting on my Shelf of Borrowed things.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff