Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Several questions that need to be answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:57 pm
First off, I'm a half psychic; I know how to communicate with animals, sense ghost and project a sheild around me to protect myself from unwanted spirits(PM me for information if wanting to learn aura sheild).

Ok, my first question is: asteral projection. I understand that you have to be in a comfortable state, stay awake, but what about seperating yourself? How can you imagin something when your not suppose to think period?

Next: Magik, elemental. Concentration is a key point when trying to mess with it, but manafesting it...how? What are ways of controling the elements and magik at the same time? Magik is understandable to control, but that and the elements? Explain if you can.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:06 pm
and my first question is how are you half psychic? I would think generally you either are or are not.

As for astral projection, I usually do mine right before I go to sleep at night. Here is some information for you, it is from http://www.psychic101.com/astral_projection.html

astral projection technique.

Lie down on your bed close your eyes and picture in your mind eyes a field of white light all around you, 360 degree.

Massage your forehead during 30 second.

Stretch your cheeks , massage the back of your neck and around.

When you finish tense your toe , tense your legs one by one continue with your arms .

After this tense your buttock , lower back pressed against your bed. Take a moment to relax . Tense your rib cage follows by pushing your shoulders back. RELAX. Pull your shoulders forward.

Once your are relaxed imagine you have imaginary hands at the place of your real hands picture a rope above you and with your imaginary hands climb, as you do ,you feel sensation in your energy or etheric body this is a good sign. Continue climbing vary your speed have a sense of your etheric body leaving your physical body. If you sense resistance, it’s a good sign , slow down , and continue climbing until you are completely projected. Some authors claim a silver cord must be attached to your etheric body but a certain numbers of astral traveler don’t perceive the silver cord at all. So don’t panic , if you don’t perceive it. If you want to return in your body , just have the intention to do so.

How to get the vibration :

Entering a state of vibration is also important, there is no clear way to do it. So here some instruction, you can try:

Posted by ZenKen on the Grillflame forum

Lay down and relax. Pay attention to the inside of your hands. You are alive right? Imagine what that life feels like in your hands. Make sure you have no tension, your relaxed. Imagine what life feels like. If this is gets you nowhere, pay attention to your body temperature in your hands. How warm is the innermost core of your hands. Just breathe relax and play around with this. You may have better luck with your feet. What you want to eventually feel is a tingle in whatever body parts it is easiest to feel it in. Then you want to work it into the rest of your body. Then just make your awareness of it go deeper and deeper. Another idea is to do jumping up in the air and swing your arms all over the place. Like a crazy dance. Almost exhaust your self. Then lay down and try to feel the tingles. For me thinking of light never worked. I had to think of life energy, which feels like light. The mind is a tricky thing

Other technique by Robert Peterson:

Lay down, close your eyes, and relax completely. Imagine that you are
separate from the body, and laying inside the body-shell. Imagine that your physical body is vibrating slowly, and your astral body is vibrating at a faster rate. Pretend you can both hear and feel the vibrations throughout your astral body as if you were standing in front of nine-foot speakers. Next, imagine the vibration of the astral body increases in pitch gradually, getting higher and higher. As
the pitch gets higher, the two notes go out of sync and a certain resonance gets stronger and stronger.

Repeat this exercise several times. This simple exercise can actually produce the vibrations which can separate you from your body. It also might help to try to listen intently for any sounds "inside" your head at various points in the exercise.

Tips for successful astral projection:

•There are 3 forms of projection in the first you can look back and see your body. In the second you will not see the body but be aware of it, and experience some duality. In the third form you will no longer be aware of the body. Your experience will be the most vivid only in this form you can project outside the solar system.
•Most projections are in the first and second form
•Attempt a projection when you feel slighty drowsy and examine your your own subjective feelings to get in touch with your astral body.
•There is no danger of not returning to the body.
•You can travel to the past, present, future including the problabe past, probable present and probable future.
•Your dreams contain spontaneous projection.Examination of them is beneficial.
•There is connection between the astral body and physical body:
•Before a projection take a small amount of starchy or sugar food. A small snack before bed is good.
•Alcohol in small quantity is of some benefit .
•Remove all jewelry and metallic objects you may have on you.

As for you last question you may think magick is understandable to control, but have you really tried it especially with higher level activities? All I can say is that concentration is key to everything.  

Underworld Priestess

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 pm
I am but a servant...

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist
First off, I'm a half psychic; I know how to communicate with animals, sense ghost and project a sheild around me to protect myself from unwanted spirits(PM me for information if wanting to learn aura sheild).

Everyone has psychic abilities, most are just not aware of it. You just need to make yourself more aware, and there are many ways of doing this; meditation being one of them.

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist
Ok, my first question is: asteral projection. I understand that you have to be in a comfortable state, stay awake, but what about seperating yourself? How can you imagin something when your not suppose to think period?

You are merely not supposed to think about other things. You must get into a relaxed state and not try to hard. It will come with time, don't expect to do it the first couple of times.

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist
Next: Magik, elemental. Concentration is a key point when trying to mess with it, but manafesting it...how? What are ways of controling the elements and magik at the same time? Magik is understandable to control, but that and the elements? Explain if you can.

I am not sure what magik is but magic is an art form. Magic is the art of causing change to reality in conformity with one's Will. One does not control the elements, one brings into awareness that one is already One with the elements and controls oneself.

For example: If I wish to make it rain I would bring into awareness that I am already One with the weather for we are of the same source. Then I would create a representation of it raining such as a rag and a pail of water. I would dip the rag into the water and keeping the intent of rain firmly in my mind and calling down all streams for rain to come I would strike the rag upon a stone and call out for rain in a specific incantation that I have. I would do this three times and then bring myself back to normal consciousness.

An altered state of consciousness is the key to magic. Not so much concentration as an altered state. From one's altered state one brings into awareness that one is One with everything and merely has to control oneself to bring about a desired effect.

If you are thinking that you can cast fireballs etc, then you are far off the mark and need to stay away from Silver Raventwat. I suggest you read Doreen Valiente's Natural Magic if you want to know more about natural magic.

...of the Cunning Flame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 am
hehe I love that, Silver Raventwat....I must remember that.  

Underworld Priestess

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm
shadowflameguardian
and my first question is how are you half psychic? I would think generally you either are or are not.

As for astral projection, I usually do mine right before I go to sleep at night. Here is some information for you, it is from http://www.psychic101.com/astral_projection.html

astral projection technique.

Lie down on your bed close your eyes and picture in your mind eyes a field of white light all around you, 360 degree.

Massage your forehead during 30 second.

Stretch your cheeks , massage the back of your neck and around.

When you finish tense your toe , tense your legs one by one continue with your arms .

After this tense your buttock , lower back pressed against your bed. Take a moment to relax . Tense your rib cage follows by pushing your shoulders back. RELAX. Pull your shoulders forward.

Once your are relaxed imagine you have imaginary hands at the place of your real hands picture a rope above you and with your imaginary hands climb, as you do ,you feel sensation in your energy or etheric body this is a good sign. Continue climbing vary your speed have a sense of your etheric body leaving your physical body. If you sense resistance, it’s a good sign , slow down , and continue climbing until you are completely projected. Some authors claim a silver cord must be attached to your etheric body but a certain numbers of astral traveler don’t perceive the silver cord at all. So don’t panic , if you don’t perceive it. If you want to return in your body , just have the intention to do so.

How to get the vibration :

Entering a state of vibration is also important, there is no clear way to do it. So here some instruction, you can try:

Posted by ZenKen on the Grillflame forum

Lay down and relax. Pay attention to the inside of your hands. You are alive right? Imagine what that life feels like in your hands. Make sure you have no tension, your relaxed. Imagine what life feels like. If this is gets you nowhere, pay attention to your body temperature in your hands. How warm is the innermost core of your hands. Just breathe relax and play around with this. You may have better luck with your feet. What you want to eventually feel is a tingle in whatever body parts it is easiest to feel it in. Then you want to work it into the rest of your body. Then just make your awareness of it go deeper and deeper. Another idea is to do jumping up in the air and swing your arms all over the place. Like a crazy dance. Almost exhaust your self. Then lay down and try to feel the tingles. For me thinking of light never worked. I had to think of life energy, which feels like light. The mind is a tricky thing

Other technique by Robert Peterson:

Lay down, close your eyes, and relax completely. Imagine that you are
separate from the body, and laying inside the body-shell. Imagine that your physical body is vibrating slowly, and your astral body is vibrating at a faster rate. Pretend you can both hear and feel the vibrations throughout your astral body as if you were standing in front of nine-foot speakers. Next, imagine the vibration of the astral body increases in pitch gradually, getting higher and higher. As
the pitch gets higher, the two notes go out of sync and a certain resonance gets stronger and stronger.

Repeat this exercise several times. This simple exercise can actually produce the vibrations which can separate you from your body. It also might help to try to listen intently for any sounds "inside" your head at various points in the exercise.

Tips for successful astral projection:

•There are 3 forms of projection in the first you can look back and see your body. In the second you will not see the body but be aware of it, and experience some duality. In the third form you will no longer be aware of the body. Your experience will be the most vivid only in this form you can project outside the solar system.
•Most projections are in the first and second form
•Attempt a projection when you feel slighty drowsy and examine your your own subjective feelings to get in touch with your astral body.
•There is no danger of not returning to the body.
•You can travel to the past, present, future including the problabe past, probable present and probable future.
•Your dreams contain spontaneous projection.Examination of them is beneficial.
•There is connection between the astral body and physical body:
•Before a projection take a small amount of starchy or sugar food. A small snack before bed is good.
•Alcohol in small quantity is of some benefit .
•Remove all jewelry and metallic objects you may have on you.

As for you last question you may think magick is understandable to control, but have you really tried it especially with higher level activities? All I can say is that concentration is key to everything.

Well, its really simple: Being half psychic means that I have half abilites. Like some are born hearing ghost, listening to old objects, etc. Its really random, but almost everyone in the whole world is psyhic; they just let little by little out of themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 pm
I know that everyone can have the ability to be psychic, I just never heard the term half psychic.  

Underworld Priestess

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm
I am but a servant...

He is just under-developed and needs to work on it more.

...of the Cunning Flame

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am
You mean your natural born. Some people have abilities which they gained in the past which leaks through. Subconscious awareness vrs. conscious awareness which means anything other then his natural born talents are difficult for him to master and he lacks plasticity (meaning you can't use the same information for other tasks) a person who has well developed skills usually can bend the skills to a multiplicity of tasks.

He's a one trick show so to speak.

One of the best ways to get skills is to work on melding with your subconscious. Meditation works all right, removing your ego helps alot. Pretty much if you can stop alienating your past self (stop overriding your past way of being with your current) you can work on adopting past life information but usually you also adopt mannerisms and personality traits which are foreign and not always good.

Thats the draw back to natural born abilities it kind of ruins the good parts of reincarnation.

Controlling anything is a matter of manifestation of will. It means you have to both understand your desire and what you are working with. You then have to harness and channel your desire and you have to be specific. I generally advocate being familiar with whatever it is you are looking to alter. Be very familiar... suffuse it with your awareness... (this is if you can be aware of things outside your body such as objects or you can astral project) you become aware of it... all of its workings the pathways of energy running through it and then you work on slowly bending those paths to fit what you want.

Water and air are the easiest to manipulate because they are less dense and well just very pliable. Airs harder to control. I suggest first working with water in a bowl and trying to make waves in the water without touching it. Its good practice. If thats to hard just take really long baths and meditate on the nature of water while in the bath. While you saturate the bathwater with your will while you soak (preferably warm water as its easier to work with) before the water cools get out and try to manipulate it then.

Other then that... work on bending breezes. Something which already has inertia is easier then something still. Its more about Guiding already existing energy then trying to create a thrust of energy.  

Ishtar Shakti

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games