Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
I want to see my grandma again.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:07 pm
My grandma died five years ago from her second heart attack. We were really close, and I never got to say goodbye to her because she lived on the other side of the country. I was only able to come to her funeral. It hurts that the last time I saw her alive really was the last. I miss her so much. I kept waiting for her to contact me somehow, but that contact never came. So now I want to contact her, because I never got to say good-bye.

Does anyone know how to summon the dead? or to have any kind of contact with them again? I've been thinking about using a form of table-tipping because I'm too scared to use a Ouiji board, plus my mum won't buy me one. But I have a table I can use without her knowing.

Can someone help me please?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:30 pm
What you are asking to do can be very dangerous, for you, for any friends that may get involved, and potentially for your grandmother's spirit. I ask that you please refrain from trying to summon her.

Summoning is a skill that takes almost an entire lifetime to learn and master. Even then, summoning the spirit of a loved one will never be a satasfying experience. A shade of their former self will be there, but their soul and personality have moved on. There's also a very real threat of malicious spirits posing as what you are trying to summon.

And with a Ouija board, this is almost always the case. I also recommend against going to a psychic or medium. Most of them are just out to make a quick buck. And, in the off chance you find an honest and skillful one, the above still stands true about the summoned spirit being only a shade.

However, all this does not mean hope is lost. You might want to try praying to her. I know this may sound funny, or maybe even blasphemous, depending on your religion, but know this fact: You don't have to worship something to pray to it. Prayer, most simply put, is communicating with spirits across the spirit realms. And besides, in Asian culture, prayers sent to relatives is commonplace.

I cannot garantee that she will answer you, but you will know in your heart if she hears you. One last thing.. If you know how to astral project, try sending her a prayer before going to sleep and then meeting her on the astral plane that night.

I hope the advice I offered you helps.  

A Murder of Angels

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:08 am
Thanks so much, it really did. Especially the prayer part. I got a similar answer to the same topic I posted in another guild. And deep down I always knew that I'd be scared silly to try and contact the dead, but if it was for my grandmoter, I'd try anything. I never knew about that 'shade' thing either.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help! And before tis, I've never really had a reason for wanting to astral project [I still can't.] but now I think I do. If I want to see her that bad, maybe projection will become easier. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:27 am
Childhood Dreams
Thanks so much, it really did. Especially the prayer part. I got a similar answer to the same topic I posted in another guild. And deep down I always knew that I'd be scared silly to try and contact the dead, but if it was for my grandmoter, I'd try anything. I never knew about that 'shade' thing either.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help! And before tis, I've never really had a reason for wanting to astral project [I still can't.] but now I think I do. If I want to see her that bad, maybe projection will become easier. <3
Sorry if this has nothing realy to do with the topic, but I know how you feel. I miss my grandma too. She died of a stroke like 8 years ago, and even though I was little back then I still remember her well. If you have a psychic in the family that can help too. (my mom can contact her, but doesn't do it often because aparently, my grandma is always busy doing something important. They haven't been in contact for a few years)  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:49 pm
eieiovt682
Childhood Dreams

Sorry if this has nothing realy to do with the topic, but I know how you feel. I miss my grandma too. She died of a stroke like 8 years ago, and even though I was little back then I still remember her well. If you have a psychic in the family that can help too. (my mom can contact her, but doesn't do it often because aparently, my grandma is always busy doing something important. They haven't been in contact for a few years)
None of my family is psychic. On my dad's side, they're all Catholic because they're French Canadian [Born in Montreal.] and my mum's side I have no clue, but I doubt it. If there is, no one's really come out about it yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:40 am
I agree with A Murder of Angels stay away from any and all conjuring devices, especially an Ouija board. The Ouija board is an unfinished device at best for it has no way of closing shut the gate you have opened while at the same time sending whatever you have summoned back to the other side.

I'm afraid that there are very few "safe" ways of contacting the dead and most Mediums and or psychics are merely fakes, though I have met a few that answered my questions before I said anything.

Also, before you go trying the astral projection idea do your research on it because, while I've never tried it myself, I've heard that it can be dangerous if you're unsure of what you're doing.  

Nomus

SanguisVitae

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:58 am
When I read this something that I read about 10 years back came to mind, it's not to summon though, it's more like sending a message I suppose. If what you really do want is to just say goodbye there would probably be no harm in it since it's not really calling them back.
It's quite short and I know I could dig it out of my books in a matter of minutes. If you would like it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 am
Don't use a Ouiji board, or try to contact her in any way.
Because if you mess up you can pull her into limbo. Or somewhere else.
I'm sure she knows you love her & miss her, even if you didn't get to say goodbye.
She'll probably visit you one of these days if you just wait.  

WocketsInMyPockets

haine13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:06 am
A Murder of Angels

I cannot garantee that she will answer you, but you will know in your heart if she hears you. One last thing.. If you know how to astral project, try sending her a prayer before going to sleep and then meeting her on the astral plane that night.

I hope the advice I offered you helps.

My mom died about 7-8 years ago and i want to meet her again because i was young and i hardly knew her and i never really got to say goodbye either because i didnt understand what was going on. I was wondering if anyone could help me with astral projection like murder of angels was saying with meeting on the astral plane. I would like to maybe try to do that but iv never really had any luck with AP so even though this isnt my post i was hoping maybe someone could help me with AP since it was a suggestion on here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:32 pm
If you read my kami summoning article, try that. Except envision death for the kami you choose to summon. Yes, this is dangerous, your well being is at stake. It does work though, my patron/matron is the kami of death and I have contacted my grandfather on two occasions using the aforementioned method.  

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games