50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 pm
Okay, so I haven't been playing the Wii all that much lately, but I've found two already released reasons to pick it up again:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

and

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Both games I hear are good. NSMBW will definitely give me a good modern platformer to play on the Wii and SH:SM sounds like a good survival horror game.

Thing is, I only have enough birthday money left for me to buy one...and I can't get it with the money I'll get next month because that s**t's reserved for Pokemon HeartGold. So which should I probably choose? I cannot decide.

EDIT: It should be noted that I've never played any game in the Silent Hill series...ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 am
NSMBW.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 am
SH:SM

Although, actually, nowait, Monster Hunter isn't out for two months. .-.

Silent Hill, it's different from what you thought when you played the first one.
And honestly, how many survival horror games have there been for the Wii, and how many Mario games are there? I'm sure Mario can wait.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 am
Harupiggy
SH:SM

Although, actually, nowait, Monster Hunter isn't out for two months. .-.

Silent Hill, it's different from what you thought when you played the first one.
And honestly, how many survival horror games have there been for the Wii, and how many Mario games are there? I'm sure Mario can wait.

Oh, I think it should be noted...

I've never played any of the Silent Hill games.  

Sir Codin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 am
It doesn't matter if you've never played a SH game before. Shattered Memories is a complete re-imagining of the first one, meaning there's no background info you need to know.

Get NSMB Wii if you want yet another (though very good) Mario platformer, and get Silent Hill if you want a very atmospheric survival horror game with a very cool storyline that varies depending on how you play it.

Also, if you want to put it this way, get Mario if you want a good multiplayer game (seriously, best co-op play on the Wii; it's a shame that it doesn't have online) and SH if you want single player.

And honestly, the game's not selling well, so if you don't pick it up soon you might miss your chance. People will ALWAYS be selling NSMB Wii.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:41 am
NSMBW  

MaverickDrifter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:47 am
Oh, and also, NSMB is going to win your question hands-down, vote wise. But that's most of these people haven't even played the other game.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 am
Waynebrizzle
Oh, and also, NSMB is going to win your question hands-down, vote wise. But that's most of these people haven't even played the other game.
Yep. That, and there's a rollercoaster made of bones.  

MaverickDrifter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 am
digi734
Waynebrizzle

BONERCOASTER  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:58 am
Waynebrizzle
digi734
Waynebrizzle

BONERCOASTER

MaverickDrifter

-Dessynea-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 am
I would say Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Though I haven't played it, one of my friends has and she absolutely raves about it all the time. She has played all the Silent Hill games and thinks this one is the best. Evidently it is really worth buying.

It should be mentioned that it evidently gave her nightmares as well, or at the very least got her to be freaked out by seemingly random things.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 am
User Image
SH:SM interests me more, but I can't play either. NSMB Wii might be due for a price cut soon; I was just at Microplay today and there seem to be quite a few used copies around.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm
This topic is pretty much dead now that my DS's top half got ********. If it turns out I'll need to pay to repair, that's were my birthday money is going.

I hereby request this topic be locked.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff