Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Movie watching!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Money spending?
  Big spender
  Big saver
  Give me my gold!!
View Results

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 am
Alice in wonderland!! I am going to go watch it and then I will see if I wasted $10 on it! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm
It looks like a fun movie. I'd like to see it myself. I haven't been to the movies in like 2 years or something.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Let us know. I'm getting kinda tired of the whole Tim Burton thing, to tell the truth, but if it's fantastic, I'll watch it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 pm
I should go to watch Alice in Wonderland today but plan was messed up. sad . Next time, my friends and I will watch.

My friends and I will watch AVATAR tomorrow night.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 am
Yeah, I'm too busy trying to save for the next ANIMEcon.

(stupid birthdays getting in the way) LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 am
Wow... that was not what I expected it to be. Never the less, it was good! I highly recommend it.  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Do a review in the reviews subforum! surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm not really a fan of the Alice stories, or of Depp. sad Though I'd imagine the movie is quite lovely for his fangirls. I'm just not one of them.

User Image
{eclectic princess; rinioa}

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm
Have you read the books? Cuz they're a totally different animal than any of the movies.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm
      [â™›]
      The original book, yes I have read that. I really disliked it. (@_@); I was always a bigger fan of the Oz tales than Alice. *nods*

{eclectic princess; rinioa}

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 am
I want to see the movie myself.

I'm with you Rinioa I wasn't a big fan of the books either. *chuckles* In fact I never could get the 5 bucks that was in Alice in Wonderland and the 2 dollar bill that was in "Through the Looking Glass" that my Grandmother on my father's side tried to bribe me with to read them. sweatdrop

However, this movie looked like a cross between the two original books, and the new books of the "Looking Glass Wars" (Which are really good mind you), and throw in some crack. So I think I'll give it a try sometime soon. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 am
I haven't seen it yet but from what I have seen it doesn't match up with what I was hoping it to be like.

I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm saying that I'm still expecting an "American GcGee's Alice" Movie version that's more like the game. (sence I heard that they were doing one - I wonder if this one is what they were thinking of)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:37 pm
I...I'm speechless. I can't imagine anyone not liking the original Alice stories. O_O It's pure insanity with a psychological twist. Honestly, I'm much less impressed with the fanfictions that have been based on them, like the new movie and the Looking Glass Wars books. Even American McGee's game, which came the closest to the subconscious confusion of the originals, couldn't quite match them. *sigh* You do realize that the ever-popular Jabberwocky poem came from the original Alice, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 pm
It's good... And I don't usually like poems.
http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/jabber/jabberwocky.html  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces