Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
I just ******** got hacked

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free gold
  yeah
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 am
*cries* Well it could have been a lot worse... but still... HOW the ******** does this s**t happen? I don't share my password with anyone at all! And is it me or is the guild's home page image gone? There's a photobucket message saying it's been moved or deleted or whatever.

I'm so upset right now. I know it sounds pathetic but this really does feels very violating. I don't know how this happened. I just don't understand this. This is the first time I've ever been hacked on anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:08 pm
That sucks, send in a report and they might be able to help you out. I was hacked last year and they were able to give me back my account and most of my items. (although it took them 4 months to help me)  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Oh my god! I can't believe it! You don't seem like the careless type at all. *huggles* If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I totally understand about it feeling violating. It may be just an account online, but it becomes a part of your life and a part of who you are and how you see yourself.

Make sure you change all your passwords. If there's even a chance that they went through your email or that they might guess your email password or any other account passwords, you want to n** it in the bud. Though, you probably already knew that. I'm just trying to come up with something helpful. This really sucks. Like I said, if you need anything...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm
It's alright, thanks for the support though. I've already filed the hacking report so now I just have to wait and see what the mods do about this. Right now I'm just REALLY paranoid and scared. I reclaimed my account by changing the password. I had 7 million gold stolen and various items, including the kottan bell that moonracer gave me... *super sad*

Some friends kinda freaked me out with the possibility I had a virus like a keylogger on my computer or something. I did updates and scans and everything's come out clear but for someone who's normally ocd/paranoid, it doesn't make me feel any better.

I talked to moonracer on the phone and I said even though this was just a gaia account hacking, I hope they die. lol

Also... am i drunk about the guild's title image? Cuz it still says it's gone.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:30 am
It'll take time, but I'm sure they'll take care of it. 3nodding I can understand the paranoia. There are too many genius coders out there who can stay one step ahead of the virus scanners. sad The only way to be 100% positive that you're clean is to wipe the hard drive and start fresh. You can check the programs list on your task manager to see if there's anything running in the background, but unless you know what's supposed to be there, that's an exercise in futility. xp

Fixed the pic. xd You weren't drunk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 am
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I do hope that you will be able to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. If you pay as much attention as you say you have then I find it quite odd that you were randomly hacked as it seems you were and they did not change the e-mail address so they could maintain claim over your account.

I do apologies if this seems harsh or cruel in someway, but I simply find it odd that they did what they did. However, I am happy that you were able to reclaim your account and file your report I hope all goes well for you.  

I_Am_The_Calm_One

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 pm
I think it was just because I realized what was going on right away and acted quickly that I was able to reclaim my account. Someone I know in another thread mentioned that hackers have these programs now where they can just type in a string of characters and it'll show them lists of usernames those passwords can apply to and they just pick the person they want to hack into. If that's true that's pretty terrible.

But yeah, the same thing happened to another friend of mine last year. He's not an idiot to let anyone know his pass and yet he was hacked easily.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 pm
      [â™›]
      Wow. @_@; I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm glad you got the report filed and everything. ...My little brother was hacked but he had screenshots of the trades and everything. They were able to get back to him within a few days.

...As far as the guild image. Errr, I guess it was never saved. *falls over* I cleaned out my photobucket last night and I'd thought it had been saved elsewhere. Sorry. sad

{eclectic princess; rinioa}

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 am
WOW, that totally sucks !!!

I hope you get everything back.

But like purple said, if you want to make sure that you don't have a virus that only for sure thing is to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS and all major programs.

It's hard to do though if you don't know what you're doing.
I've done it so many times I've run out of uses for my activation code.
I have to call microsoft just to get registered again.

But sence a friend of yours got hacked before too, you might considder an enemy in a list of people you think you know, look for people that both you and your friend knows.

Or am I just being paranoid ? ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 am
Iakun: You are most likely correct because of your quick actions and luck for being on line when you were, you were most likely able to save yourself from serious damage being done. For this I am happy for you. If this is in deed a truth, this program, then I find it sad how low the human race has fallen to have such a desire to make such a program just to hack into accounts such as these. Of course any hacker or virus is a terrible thing but to hack into people's account for nothing but pixels and fake gold I find rather illogical. I see, I am sorry about your friend and hope that everything worked out for him and I do hope all works out for you as well.

Dude: To your theory of who to look at or question I do not believe you are being paranoid. I find it a rather logical and practical theory to come about especially if he and a friend of his were hacked and are not the type to give out their passwords and such. I personally find your theory a sound one, so I do not believe you are "just being paranoid."  

I_Am_The_Calm_One

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 pm
Yes, if someone is among your acquaintances, it may not be difficult for them to simply guess your password if it's something that relates to something in your life, even in a roundabout way. But if your password was something random, like hdsk4k3559sdn, then they had to have used a program to find it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm
that stinks. I hate that. I hope your golds and items will return to you. The hacker did to me. When I checked to see gaia on my cell, I changed password fast. I did report to mod. I had been waiting and finally golds and my items were back to me.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 pm
Nice to know you guys don't think I'm nuts...
But unfortunately this means that you now have to investigate those whom you think are friends.

Like purple said, if your pass related to something in your life, it could be guessed by someone you take to alot... But if it's random, you have a keylogger.

Neither option is good. And both would be hard to find.
I wish you luck.

On the other hand, there is a slim chance that the hackers weren't even the same person, and it was just coincidence.
But you might considder also checking all guilds that you and your friend are a member of and spend alot of time in. A fellow guild member too, is not above suspician. But I guess that too goes back to "people you think you know"  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games