Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
A School of Magic/k/Witchcraft/the Occult Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think this sort of School would work?
Milk-a-what?
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Depends
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Poll whore
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

XOKiwiFlowerOX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 pm
I really wish there was a school that taught it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am
I think the biggest problem with this, if a school were to be actually built, would be extremists from where ever that opposed this.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
I think the biggest problem with this, if a school were to be actually built, would be extremists from where ever that opposed this.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, but....that is a pretty scary thought. Our deeper acceptance could, in turn about, get us more persecuted. Screaming, signs and legal action if their nice, bombs and arson if their not.

This brings up an interesting thought for me.

And not to hijack the thread or start some weird fear-mongering discussion, but...do you think that if the acceptance of the occult/occultists, pagans, and magicians grew to the point that we were building buildings and schools and were almost completely breaking out of the fringe of society to the normal section, that it would lead to a greater backlash from those that think what we do/who we are/what we believe is evil? Do you think our new prominence would seem like a threat to them? And no matter how far they did or did not go to stop us from rising up, do you think that it would lead to a greater acceptence of us in the future?

Again, I don't want to hijack the thread or anything so,... if you actually want to discuss this, PM me and if people do, I'll start a separate thread for it. If you don't want to talk about it, just ignore this and I won't post a thread on the subject.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 am
Ha, it would be nice... I'd always attend class! lol...

but unlikely like everyone else has mentioned. There is that online site almost everyone is aware of for this type of school.. 3nodding

It won't be accepted the way we think in a traditional school.. so yeah...

You could always use online though as a way of a school i suppose...

or if you'd like... try to find a mentor to teach you! =) Always the best i believe! I love having a mentor... heart  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:21 am
I seem to remember hearing that...who was it?....Raymond Buckland or something like that got a degree in witchcraft at a regular college, but....I'm not really sure if that's done anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:03 am
Gandalf_the_Girl
I seem to remember hearing that...who was it?....Raymond Buckland or something like that got a degree in witchcraft at a regular college, but....I'm not really sure if that's done anymore.

Someone actually got a degree in witchcraft you say?? eek

Oooo... that's cool. =)

hmmm.. idk if that's possible now.. but ehh .. hmmm..  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:24 am
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Gandalf_the_Girl

Someone actually got a degree in witchcraft you say?? eek

Oooo... that's cool. =)

hmmm.. idk if that's possible now.. but ehh .. hmmm..

Oh, it was Isaac Bonewits.

Isaac Bonewits wikipedia

It's under "Early LIfe and Education".  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:47 pm
I personally would think that magick should be taught in a school and if ever I win a large sum of cash, that would be my intention, under an assumed name possibly, but I'd have different fields of magic, I'd have to talk with some of the experts, but I think for the first few years, we'd explore curriculum choices, I'd like to open the school with having 3-4 different cultures magick styles being taught, focusing on barriers, healing, and promoting growth/strength with runes and such. but I'm fascinated by the though of actually receiving accreditation in magick, coupled with the skills to pursue a career at the same time, like learning herbs and their power alongside botanist curriculum. Talk to me more about your thoughts about this.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items