Reply Tattoos
Kind of a weird Question.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shawk Theruhpee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 am
So I was thinking the other day about that Heeltastic stuff that I've seen on infomercials and whatnot. I guess you're supposed to use it for cracked heels and elbows. I looked at the ingredients a few days ago and it sounds like it would be awesome for a tattoo! It's purpose obviously is to keep the skin moist, and hydrated. (I've heard it works well for what it's intended for.)

I wasn't seriously considering using it for that seeing as I have no tattoos and wouldn't want to put just anything on them, but it's all natural and it's got some good stuff in it. It has coconut oil in it, almond seed oil, it has neem oil and avocado oil, and a crapton of other oils and butters. I'm trying to find the entire list of ingredients and I'll post them if I do.

If you've read the ingredients or anything, or just want to post your opinion, or tell me that I'm crazy for thinking of such a thing, go right ahead. :] It might be a good alternative to Tattoo Goo!

...If there is such a thing as an alternative to Tattoo Goo, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:45 pm
Well I've just always used unsented moisturizer for my tattoo after care. It's what my artist told me to use and with all 3 of my tattoos and had no problems. For my 3rd one they gave me free after care but even then I used moisturizer instead. The aftercare stuff had a funky smell and i just always have cream on me. So I don't see the need for all that fancy stuff.  

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

Shawk Theruhpee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:44 am
I see what you're saying. Why change if what you use already works, right?

I guess my question was, if you didn't have access to Tattoo Goo (God forbid),or something of that sort, and you wanted to use something all natural, would that be safe to use?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:49 pm
Yeah, I'm sure something like that heel stuff would work too. But plain ole' moisturizer works too. =)
I rarely use it anyway too, actually. Only if it's SUPER itchy or really cracking.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

xxChaoticxChellyxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm
My friend just got a tattoo done, and she was told to use oil free moisturizers. Apparently using something with oil in it will fade it a bit during the healing process. Not sure if this is true though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 pm
I heard butters were better for the first like 5 days and then regular unscented lotion the rest of the time.

I would probably only use it for that long because it's SO moisturizing and it might ruin your colors and such. I wouldn't use it all the time.

Shawk Theruhpee

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff