Submit

DaiSonic

Nuclear Bard

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm
I'm wanting to do a piercing set, including Angel Bites, my Septum, and a Labret.

I want to do them all at the same time, but is that potentially dangerous??

Like, will the endorphin rush push me in to shock?

((P.S. : Being the psycho I am, I do all my piercings myself. Always have, with no complications. I use sterile equipment.))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Um first, just because you havent had complications unless you've been professionally trained as a piercer I would highly recomend you do not do your piercings your self.

It is worth the money to get it done proffesionally.

And I don't know what angel bites are but I wouldnt suggest getting that many piercings all at once. Especially with the septum. For me it felt like I was punched in the face and had to lie down for a couple minutes.  

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

DaiSonic

Nuclear Bard

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm
Pink Plaid
Um first, just because you havent had complications unless you've been professionally trained as a piercer I would highly recomend you do not do your piercings your self.

And I don't know what angel bites are but I wouldnt suggest getting that many piercings all at once. Especially with the septum. For me it felt like I was punched in the face and had to lie down for a couple minutes.

Angel bites are like a double monroe set. one on each side.

And I realize I haven't been professionally trained. It's a security thing. Like, I can trust myself not to hurt me, and if I do, I can stop.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm
And, I've had some professional training. Nothing big, just sterilizing, and proper piercing procedures.  

DaiSonic

Nuclear Bard

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 am
Erm...You do realize that you won't actually be able to see what you're doing when you pierce your own septum, right? Even with a mirror, your hands will be in the way. It's worth it to go to a professional, just to make entirely sure that it won't be crooked.

Apart from that, it's generally best to do fewer piercings together when possible so that your body isn't healing multiple semiserious wounds at once. It'll decrease healing time for each piercing if you wait, and probably make the healed fistula stronger, and better formed, too.

Especially with them all being facial piercings, and mostly oral piercings, they'll also need pretty stringent care - mouthwash after meals, daily cleaning, daily salt soaks...are you really willing to do all of that for each piercing each day? It'll probably be about an hour each day, at least. I found it annoying enough one at a time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am
DaiSonic
Pink Plaid

And I realize I haven't been professionally trained. It's a security thing. Like, I can trust myself not to hurt me, and if I do, I can stop.

No offense but that is one of the dumbest reasons I've heard for piercing your self.

Even with that reason it is still ALOT safer to get it done with a proffesional and they are generally done really quickly and most of the pain is the pain afterwards.

Septum is going to hurt like a b***h, you doing it your self is not going to stop the pain.

If you want to get piercings pain is something you will just have to deal with.  

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

DaiSonic

Nuclear Bard

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm
Pink Plaid
DaiSonic
Pink Plaid

No offense but that is one of the dumbest reasons I've heard for piercing your self.

Even with that reason it is still ALOT safer to get it done with a proffesional and they are generally done really quickly and most of the pain is the pain afterwards.

Septum is going to hurt like a b***h, you doing it your self is not going to stop the pain.

If you want to get piercings pain is something you will just have to deal with.

I know it's gonna hurt. I've done it before.

I did my own septum about... February-ish of last year.

It never got infected, but I decided taking it out was best.

I've regretted it ever since.

@@ Nekojin: when I did it before, I had it completely straight.

((In any case)) I may be going for the septum again. I got a new pincher hook, and i really wanna use it for my septum.

So.... Pics soon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 am
Nekojin_cat
Erm...You do realize that you won't actually be able to see what you're doing when you pierce your own septum, right? Even with a mirror, your hands will be in the way. It's worth it to go to a professional, just to make entirely sure that it won't be crooked.

Apart from that, it's generally best to do fewer piercings together when possible so that your body isn't healing multiple semiserious wounds at once. It'll decrease healing time for each piercing if you wait, and probably make the healed fistula stronger, and better formed, too.

Especially with them all being facial piercings, and mostly oral piercings, they'll also need pretty stringent care - mouthwash after meals, daily cleaning, daily salt soaks...are you really willing to do all of that for each piercing each day? It'll probably be about an hour each day, at least. I found it annoying enough one at a time.

THIS THIS THIS.

Piercing yourself is NOT a good idea. Are you professionally trained as a piercer? I doubt it. You're just looking for hxc points. Go to a proper piercer and get one at a time done.

Angel bites? Who the hell came up with that? They're double monroes. Angel bites sounds stupider than snake bites. Oh my god, the nicknames people come up with (i know you didn't come up with it - just mean in general).

I'm not normally bitchy like this but seriously. And noting your last reply here, you're going through with it anyway. Why did you bother asking us if you're just not going to listen?

Four Dirty Paws

Tricky Gekko

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces