Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Writer's and Reader's Corner
friedrice31- stories that never made it... take them please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:53 pm
I used to be a story writer, just as a hobby... Now my life has little room for recreational writing and I cannot continue with many of my unfinished stories.
Some i gave up on, some collapsed in on themselves mid-plot, and some just never saw the light of day ever again.
To give these stories a second-life, I will post here their basic outlines and skeletons and plot ideas and anything else about them i might add.

Because I am giving these outlines away, anyone can tweak and use these RP outlines any way they want. They are yours, keep them, you don't need to give me credit but don't take credit for them either. I want to give these stories to everyone and I don't want someone ruining a story someone borrowed from me because they are claiming that my ideas are theirs. I just don't think that is right at all...

So if you'll give me a moment, I shall post my ideas.

(please don't criticize them too harshly. These stories are young and never fully realized. They were, and still are, in developing phases.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:17 am
First off, I will start with a story that some may say sound similar to Avatar the Last Airbender.
I made this before that series came into being...

The world is a medieval fantasy world. Swords, catapults, magic, steel, all that good stuff. The world was a massive continent divided into several factions. Each of these factions hailed to an elemental deity. Every faction was heavily militarily inclined and would develop specialized weapons with the resources they had.

The Northwestern and center region was controlled by an empire devoted to a water god (Aquaria), their region was a continental flood plain and would be filled with rivers and lakes throughout the entire year except for late summer and early fall. They dominated the ocean that surrounded the continent and specialized in healing for ground based encounters. Their main protection from a lack of military was their ability to build their cities underwater in rock and glass domes.

The smallest of the factions were the ones who worshiped the fire goddess (Pyre). their territory was a small area in the southwest. Their entire region was filled with rocky mountains and volcanoes. Although rich in resources, the air was always ashen and their people wanted safer, more tranquil lands. This nation specializes in explosives and steel, and have declared all-out war on the Aquarians for their lands.

Much of the Northern, and north-eastern area was dominated by a lush forest with trees as tall and thick as skyscrapers. They worshiped a god of Magic and Life essence (Mythos). The land was fertile with a magic essence known as Mythril. The material was mine-able, and had many applications to those who knew their secrets. Their people were fun loving and lived in tree houses and platforms near the canopy of these trees. they would use their skills for magic shows, weapons, and to power their flying machines made to look like giant birds to ward off the larger than human size acid spitting termites and bugs and creatures affected by the mythril below. Their army was outfitted by heat treated bark from the trees that would become harder than steel after proper preparation.

The Largest Empire occupied the entire Northeast quarter of the continent. They rallied under a god of light (Solaria), and were the most hostile and aggressive nation of all. Their entire civilization and population lived on a massive collection of glowing, lighter than air rocks. the buildings were also made of this glowing material, in fact so much of it is used that special darkrooms are created so that people can sleep. gold, silver and other materials adorn this capitol and this city is by far the most developed and elaborate. they grow all their vegetables and food day and night, for there is no lack of light in their empire. their city is tall enough to scoop and collect condensation from rain laden clouds drifting in from the ocean. giant chains of iron from the land of Pyre keep the floating Capitol in the same place, Solaria and Pyre are allies by treaty. the Solarian capitol drifts higher than any flying machine can reach. Only the light-stone shuttle can bring trade and people in and out.

The second largest empire, almost equal to the size of the Solarian lands, are those who worship the goddess of Death and Darkness (Umbra). The lands of Umbra are dead and ravaged, trees are no more than blackened husks, and the land is devoid of life other than at the far southeastern corner where the last bastion of the Umbra. They control such vast land due to their fierce fighting spirit. the people here are optimistic despite their terrible situation, for they know that when they die, they contribute to the power of their goddess, who then distributes the energy to the rest of nature, the unseen forces, the miracle of the night skies, etc. Because of their ties to life and death, the empire of Mythos and the lands of Umbra are loose allies.

Each empire has a select few special soldiers endowed with the powers of their deity. They are chosen by their god or goddess and bound to their weapon of choice. As long as they are with their weapon, these soldiers can summon a magical armor to surround them and their weapon. By this point they are dubbed "Elemental Warriors" (which was the production title of my novel) This armor is nearly impenetrable and can multiply the warriors strength, the armor last longer the stronger the warrior is, but will leave them exhausted to the point where a warrior is no longer able to fight. Most warriors run from a fight before their strength is drained, for they know they are invaluable assets to their empire.

An anomaly occurred in the land of Umbra. A Warrior has emerged that can summon his armor without his weapon. This outer layer of energy also creates a phantom weapon for the warrior when he is unarmed. This Warriors weapon of choice was the dual fencing saber. He can summon his armor form for whole days at a time, and seems that his strength and summoning are not connected, for he can still fight when finished.
this is the hero of my unfinished story, he is sent to investigate and destroy what Umbra spies have described as a super-weapon the Solarians have been constructing. Along the way he meets friends from a few nations, and makes his way to the Solarian capitol. Once there, he sleuths around until it is unveiled at a public display. Giant crystal and glass lenses constructed by the Pyre empire are suspended in place by Solarian light-stones. It makes a huge contraption capable of focusing the light of the entire Capitol as a beam of heat. Before our hero can stop the weapon it is used on the Aquarian capitol, boiling the hundreds of thousands of citizens alive.

As our hero and friends are captured, the God of Water himself descends from the heavens, absolutely furious at the atrocious destruction. This is the first time a god had actually been seen... He then raises the water levels of the planets oceans to permanently flood the plains of the Aquarians so that they will never be harmed again. Before he leaves, Aquaria swats the invention, destroying small portion of the floating capitol and sending a few hundred people falling miles to the ground below.

Our hero and companions use this distraction to make their escape on a stolen light-stone shuttle. They make their way to the Umbra empire only to hear news that the gods are not pleased at all with the reckless advances their creations have made and are planning to destroy it all and start over. Although they were not meant to hear their plans, the Warriors become aware of this, due to their connection to the gods, and try to warn the public. but the war is in full boar and their word holds little value.

Our hero and his companions who decide to come with him, embark on another journey to stop the apocalypse of their world.
This is the end of this novel and the beginning of it's squeal.

I hope you enjoyed this super summary of my first novel. I left a lot of it out because as an RP, it should be left open. just an outline.
More on the way! ^_^  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Be patient people, I don't have a writers block (how can I, these are all mostly complete stories) but I do have a very busy life, the very same life that prevents me from writing these stories delays me from even posting them here.
Its like my life hates my stories or something... <_<

Edit:(I am on spring break in another state, I'll post as soon as I am back in about a week or so.)  
Writer's and Reader's Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games