Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm
A lot of the fans of Gackt have been confused on how to watch their Region 2 DVD (especially if you have any CD+DVD singles or any of his Region 2 DVDs) Now, if you have set your computer to watch them or own any of these mentioned, you can disregard the message.

I decided to post this on the front page, to assist those in the right sense of direction. I do not know if you guys would play original imports on video games, but one of the options is obtaining a Japanese Ps2 or Japanese console that will let you play DVDs off of and later you can play the original video games at will. I do not know how many are gamers or just music fans.
This is one option you could go.

i.e.// use Play-Asia.com for prices and that is where I usually get most of my Gackt things except, this site here does not carry the "first editions of Singles". Completely legit anyways. ^^;

Now, another option for those is to spend money either on a Region All (Never done it, but I heard this may work on the format) or you could buy a Region 2 DVD player. You can check ebay, Play-asia might carry that. I'm not sure as of that.

I went ahead with the Japanese Ps2 route and I think I paid 200 for mine, the shipping there is reasonable compared to CD JAPAN though.

Hope this helped!

Sincerely,
Cloud  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm
Some clarification as to the route you chosen:
If you live in the USA/Japan, you do not need a converter box.
Outside of that, you may need one due to your country's power supply will be different. If you live in Europe, you will definitely need one or else you will fry them.

Also regarding the PS2 import route,
You can place the system in English.
You still won't be able to watch any US/Canada or other things on it though. (Only Japan/Region 2 games, Films are playable)  

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200

XxMoonie StardustxX
Captain

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:04 pm
thanks for telling smile

you can also set the codec of your CD-drive of your pc to code 2!! from the beginning, it is usually code 1 when you live in the US. when you live in europe or japan, it is already on codec 2.

I don't know how to describe it in english how to switch the codec on your pc...I hope someone can do smile english is not my first language, so I have problems with some things *sorry*

but you can only switch that codec 2 or 3 times like I know. so be careful. that is also a possibility to watch the dvds ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm
I forgot about the change of region on computers could also work for people if the other routes are impossible for them to do. 3nodding  

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
Gackt - Official Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items