Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Gather 'round children for a epic Tale of Fail by CC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CandleandCards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:25 pm
So ha ha, the poison arrow of Irony hit me hard in the a** this time because not five minutes before this happened i was on my cell telling a friend to be careful not to do this very thing.

It was a dark and stormy night- ok well it was 2 PM with a mild overcast and a chance of rain, but none of that matters i just like stalling.

anywho,

my forte in the occult realm for lack of better words is divination via tools, be them tarot, runes, water or the ancient african tradition of boiling a donkey's head and hallucination from the fumes it gives off ( just kidding on that one). so me in my ever quest of " hey that method looks neat! IMMA GONNA TRY EET!" I recently stumbled upon Lychomancy, divination via fire ( usually candles).

So i'm hunkered in my room ready to take a crack at this, i got my soothcloth all nice and Tidebleach fresh laid out, my journal where i write down all my soothsayin' shenanigans and my various assortments of candles. with a hearty LETS DO EET! i get to work setting up my candles and begin the epic task of staring at a flame for copious amounts of time studying how it wiggles.

well somewhere in the 15mins of staring that 5 glasses of icetea decided to rear its head, and off to the latrine i ran...leaving the 4 open flames in my room...on a cloth..on a wood desk..with a cat that thinks everything is a wack-a-mole game.

well to cut it short Robert, my cat that has built its life around drinking from my aquamancy bowl and playing kick ball with my stones and eating various herbs like the druggie i know he is, takes it upon himself to knock over my unattended candles setting my favourite altar cloth ablaze ( tide soooo puts gasoline, kerosine, whiskey or SOMETHING explosive because that baby went up in flames like a bon fire)
and scorching my favorite desk ( i got that beauty for like $50 at IKEA it was a steal! now it is charred and warped into a face vaguely reminding my of Ebeneser Scrouge)

So the moral of this merry story, is don't be a sumbass like CC and leave burning candles lit while you take your time elsewhere...and keep a fire extinguisher next to your divinations table haha

Much love C&C  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 pm
Okay so I know it's not supposed to be that funny of a story, being that it involved fire and a nice desk, but the way you told it made me chuckle. The dangers of animals and fire. My friend and I made a circle one night for a ritual and while we won't looking her cat almost caught it's hair on fire by stretching her leg over top a candle.  

Underworld Priestess

CandleandCards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 pm
shadowflameguardian
Okay so I know it's not supposed to be that funny of a story, being that it involved fire and a nice desk, but the way you told it made me chuckle. The dangers of animals and fire. My friend and I made a circle one night for a ritual and while we won't looking her cat almost caught it's hair on fire by stretching her leg over top a candle.

Oh i was pissed for like the first hour after my fire fiasco, but you have ever right to laugh, because to be blunt that s**t was funny! yeah i need to new cloth and desk but hahaha it makes me chuckle now lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm
CandleandCards
shadowflameguardian

Oh i was pissed for like the first hour after my fire fiasco, but you have ever right to laugh, because to be blunt that s**t was funny! yeah i need to new cloth and desk but hahaha it makes me chuckle now lol

Your cat was just trying to tell you it was time for a new cloth and desk.  

Underworld Priestess

CandleandCards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 pm
tellme about it haha  
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out