Reply The Anime Art Academy
Help i cant draw full body images!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Werewolf_Mal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:07 am
Okay, I've been drawing anime-style for...5 years. And I STILL can't draw a full body! either the head is too big, or it looks really awkward. Can someone help me?
heart Maru  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:51 am
It would help you to learn more about human proportion. Try to remember that the shoulders are usually twice the width of the head, that may help you. Also, look at your own head and body in the mirror and observe how long or wide certain parts are compared to others.  

JackalAndromeda

frosty_glitch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:41 pm
don't worry. i've been drawing anime since the first or second grade when sailor moon came out. i didn't start getting good at bodies until the seventh grade. just be sure not copy the body's they put put out. they are usually skinnier so some porportions will be lost. so don't try to base it on that, just look at yourself and others. be the artist that can do everything not just anime. then you will understand and you can begin to take away those porportions of maybe fat or muscle. it'll come just draw everyday 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
Be EXTRA observant of the people around you, because that's where you're going to get most of your knowledge of human anatomy. But don't like... stare at people obsessively or anything. sweatdrop I would also recommend a good figure drawing class if your school offers it and if they don't, go to your local bookstore and find a figure drawing book. I would definitely also recommend drawing in a more realistic style, because once you have that down, it'll be easy to simplify the lines and draw the anime. biggrin

Ultimately, just observe people and experiment. Don't forget to use shapes for different parts of the body, like this:

http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/~japanime/howto/tutorial/fbody14.gif

Good luck!  

shoushirei

drugsandsex[VULGAR LOL]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:15 pm
The solution:

Take anatomy/figure drawing classes, I garuntee a drastic change in your art. cool  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games