Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am
bleu_flame
Why bother asking? Just give her a mustache, shorten her hair, flaten her, and voila! xD
I used to live in Mississippi. Racism was everywhere. I'm not one bit surprised that this happened. Baptists live there in great amounts. xP
this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 am
Okay, so as far as I'm seeing in this topic, there's two sides.

On one side, there are people who think this girl is the devil incarnate because she had to go be a selfish b***h and ruin prom for everyone else because they wouldn't allow her to take her girlfriend to it and wear a tux. On the other side, there are people who are praising this girl for standing up against said discrimination, even if she went as far as to trash senior prom for others.

I don't really know for sure which side I'm on; I might be leaning a little towards the side that's praising her. But I will say this...

As far as I'm concerned, this s**t could've been avoided if the school would've just been more tolerant of her sexual orientation, let her take her date, and let her wear whatever the ******** she wanted. This school and this bible belt community they reside in brought this on themselves; you deny rights to someone, however minor those rights might be to some, they're going to lash back.  

Sir Codin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:42 am
Now I'm really regretting skipping senior prom. I could have ruined it for my entire class and I missed the opportunity!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 am
@Lord: ******** BOMB!!! SHE RUINED IT!!! BURN THE WITCH!!! D8<

...Should have told her, "Yeah! You can come! Let me show you the broom closet... ;D"  

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Never Ask Dante

Clean Hunter

11,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 pm
;P

I don't blame her.
I don't think she expected it to happen and the school board was the one who canceled it.
not her.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:54 pm
This must be a special case, because the school I went to has lesbians bringing each other to prom all the time, and nobody makes a fuss about it.

Then again, it seems like everyone and their mother is trying something different in that community...it almost seems like people are being gay just to be "in vogue," not because they actually like the same sex...  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Never Ask Dante

Clean Hunter

11,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm
well in my area they don't give two shits.

we had some fun.
D:

but in the south sometimes....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm
I honestly don't think this is such a big deal.

Some people are against homosexuals and some don't mind. It's all a matter of opinion i guess.  

Vaettur

Orphie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:41 pm
Vaettur

Some people are against homosexuals and some don't mind. It's all a matter of opinion i guess.

Some people are against blacks and some don't mind. It's all a matter of opinion, I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 pm
Orphie
Vaettur

Some people are against blacks and some don't mind. It's all a matter of opinion, I guess.
Because homosexuals and black people are the same thing.  

Vaettur

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm
Vaettur
Orphie
Vaettur

Just ask J. XD sorry J.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:07 pm
Vaettur
Orphie
Vaettur

Both are people, right?  

Orphie

Vaettur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm
Orphie
Vaettur
Orphie
Vaettur

Both are people, right?
So are *****, but that's not a good comparison either.

Just for the record, i'm not against against homosexuals at all.
I'm just saying that i can understand that some people aren't very fond of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Vaettur
Orphie
Vaettur
Orphie
Vaettur

Both are people, right?
So are *****, but that's not a good comparison either.

Just for the record, i'm not against against homosexuals at all.
I'm just saying that i can understand that some people aren't very fond of it.

Explain your understanding to me, so that I may be enlightened. I would seek to gain the same understanding.
As I see it, people don't enjoy faggotry being shoved down their throat. In the same way that an Atheist walking through the deep south may feel ridiculously awkward, so too may a straight man walking through the tip of Cape Cod feel extremely uneasy.
In my mind, that doesn't justify being wholly and actively against homosexuality to the point of protest. But in the same way, it shouldn't allow people to get away with so much s**t.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Vaettur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 am
Some people just take it pure scientific because it´s quite an unnatural phenomenon. It´s something that goes against evolution and one can simply not reproduce when being homosexual.
Now there are the people that take that a bit more serious than they should and make a problem out of it, and there are the people that don´t care or are okay with it, because it´s not that the entire world will become homosexual at one point.
I think that that´s the only "legit" reason to be against homosexuality, even though i do not agree. It's definitly a lot better than things like "I DONT LIKE EM, THEY ARE GROSS" or some gay religious reason.

Also... protesting against, bashing, banning or ignoring gay people isn't going to help anyway, because they're simply there, whether they like it or not.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff