Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:31 pm
Bulbasauurr
I think three stealth rock users is overkill.

Agreed. Half of com.bat is correctly predicting your opponent's moves. And by using the same exact tricks on multiple Pokémon, you're making it way easy for them to predict and counter. So keep SR on Aero, ditch it on everything else. You only need to use it once. Spinners are kinda rare.

I also say ditch Donphan for a different Spinner, if you're gung-ho about having one. Starmie learns it, doesn't it? And Starmie is the bane of everyone everywhere ever, no lie. And if you went that route, you could ditch Swampert for a Type you didn't already cover.

You could also put Trick Room on Dusknoir and ******** over sweepers. Though this really only works the best in doubles, I'd say. And you'd have to breed one with a 0 IV in speed to get the full effect.

For your Jolteon, can its Substitute survive more than one hit? A Sub that can't do this is pretty much a huge waste of a turn and 1/4th HP. So if it can't, ditch it for another move. Of if you really want a SubPasser, get a Vaporeon to do that job. With enough HP EVs, they can put up a Sub that won't break immediately afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:31 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

Agreed. Half of com.bat is correctly predicting your opponent's moves. And by using the same exact tricks on multiple Pokémon, you're making it way easy for them to predict and counter. So keep SR on Aero, ditch it on everything else. You only need to use it once. Spinners are kinda rare.

I also say ditch Donphan for a different Spinner, if you're gung-ho about having one. Starmie learns it, doesn't it? And Starmie is the bane of everyone everywhere ever, no lie. And if you went that route, you could ditch Swampert for a Type you didn't already cover.
I don't know about that. I had a decent thunder team going on pbr a while back and it would quite litteraly rape any water type it came i contact with... untill this a*****e with a donphan and graveler came and destroyed my team in one go... stare

my most current stretegy in double battles is to send out gengar (ev trained in spd and sp.atk and holding blacksludge) and a lickilicky (ev trained in atk and spd.and holding lumberry)
have gengar use swagger on lickilicky,raising its atk by 2. lickilicky cures its confusion with lum berry and then uses explosion(250 base power x 2 for STAB x2.0 for swagger's upping 2 stages= a LOT of damage). killing everything exept gengar and any b*****d clever enough to use protect first turn. Not many people see it coming to be honest. and if they do they are doing a horrible job at protecting themselves.
that strategy is the reason I win so many battles against legendary spammers on pbr.  

Mr Popo in your mouth

ossiss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:47 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

You could also put Trick Room on Dusknoir and ******** over sweepers. Though this really only works the best in doubles, I'd say. And you'd have to breed one with a 0 IV in speed to get the full effect.

For your Jolteon, can its Substitute survive more than one hit? A Sub that can't do this is pretty much a huge waste of a turn and 1/4th HP. So if it can't, ditch it for another move. Of if you really want a SubPasser, get a Vaporeon to do that job. With enough HP EVs, they can put up a Sub that won't break immediately afterwards.

jolteons sub can usually take more than one hit, if its not super effective, but its mor for passing the sub and wish to a wweak member. i play alot of guys that set up with spikes, sr, dragon dance, etc... so it gives me just enough time to pass it to what evers weakest. i know ive still gotta teach my swampert the right moves... waterfall, etc.. lol so stealth rock is still my weakpoint.. donphan can hold its own, 2-3 hit koing a salamence, 1.5 if i get that rare crit..  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:24 pm
ossiss
jolteons sub can usually take more than one hit, if its not super effective, but its mor for passing the sub and wish to a wweak member. i play alot of guys that set up with spikes, sr, dragon dance, etc... so it gives me just enough time to pass it to what evers weakest. i know ive still gotta teach my swampert the right moves... waterfall, etc.. lol so stealth rock is still my weakpoint.. donphan can hold its own, 2-3 hit koing a salamence, 1.5 if i get that rare crit..

Yes, I know what SubPass does, I use it myself. But it's completely b***h a** useless if it can't take at least two hits. You end up with this scenario:

[Round One]
Jolteon: *Puts up a Sub*
Opponent: *Attacks. Sub is broken.*
Sorry Jolty, you didn't even get a chance to pass the Sub, much less use Wish!

And Subs are really fragile anyway (at least on the Pokémon that are capable of Baton Pass, too). In the big leagues, you can either pass a Sub or Wish, but rarely both (usually the Sub gets broken before you can get a chance to use and pass Wish, making that turn you used to Sub totally for naught).

If you encounter Spikes a lot, then go ahead and use a Spinner. That's something you just gotta play by ear. I would still advise getting a different Spinner, though, just so you can have more type coverage. I mean, three Ground-Types is just asking for trouble. Even if they're strong, there's going to be a stronger opponent with the right moves who can thoroughly wreck their s**t. (Something with good speed/staying power and access to Water/Ice and Grass moves could take out half your team.)

@Just: So... Starmie is a bad choice because you once had a team that was really good against Waters? I'm... Not quite sure what point you're trying to make, since Starmie is a Bona Fide Pain In The a**. It's a bit fragile if I remember correctly, but it's damn fast and has access to a good number of hard-hitting moves (Psychic, Thunder, Blizzard, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, a few others), plus Recover. Unless you gotta faster Poke that can OHKO it, that thing's gonna be a b***h to kill if it was trained properly.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Starmie is an absolute beast. I second everything Tippy said. I ran a choice specs one in an OU team that I named Franky, and that b*****d probably countered more waters than I can count. Great pokemon. Volt Absorb Lanturn is also a good one, but I don't know if that'd fit very well.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 pm
just put it in your mouth
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

I don't know about that. I had a decent thunder team going on pbr a while back and it would quite litteraly rape any water type it came i contact with... untill this a*****e with a donphan and graveler came and destroyed my team in one go... stare

my most current stretegy in double battles is to send out gengar (ev trained in spd and sp.atk and holding blacksludge) and a lickilicky (ev trained in atk and spd.and holding lumberry)
have gengar use swagger on lickilicky,raising its atk by 2. lickilicky cures its confusion with lum berry and then uses explosion(250 base power x 2 for STAB x2.0 for swagger's upping 2 stages= a LOT of damage). killing everything exept gengar and any b*****d clever enough to use protect first turn. Not many people see it coming to be honest. and if they do they are doing a horrible job at protecting themselves.
that strategy is the reason I win so many battles against legendary spammers on pbr.

umm of course 2 ground types would destroy ur thunder team  

Pauginxz

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:27 am
Pauginxz
just put it in your mouth
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

umm of course 2 ground types would destroy ur thunder team
you would think lanturn and kyogre would have taken them out but no...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:29 am
Bulbasauurr
Starmie is an absolute beast. I second everything Tippy said. I ran a choice specs one in an OU team that I named Franky, and that b*****d probably countered more waters than I can count. Great pokemon. Volt Absorb Lanturn is also a good one, but I don't know if that'd fit very well.

don't listen to them! starmie doesn't have a mouth. Because its pure evil! evil  

Mr Popo in your mouth

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces