Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mini Sewing Machines? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mini Sewing Machine
Not worth the money.
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Meh, they're okay, I guess.
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
A great thing to have.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I dunno, but I still want gold.
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 37

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:51 pm
1) Did you decide to get it?

2) If so, how well does it work?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:48 am
I have a little cheep sewing machine. You do get what you pay for but I'm not making anything like clothes right now. The sad thing is our old sewing machine was in such bad condition this small one is working better. I guess it all depends on the projects you will be doing. I find myself ignoring that little thing hand sewing a lot just because I'm use to it.  

Majel

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:09 pm
I have this because I'd rather buy a $15 "toy" and try to learn than drop over $100 and fail. So far I'm really impressed with it! All the reviews for it were really good as well, and a lot of people said it was a good little sewing maching to take with you on trips and whatnot in case you needed to do repairs.

Now if only I could sew a straight line... I'm so close! xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:31 pm
~
Personally, if it can't do 4-5 layers of denim or at least 2 layers of stiff leather it isn't worth it.
Mind you if you're not sewing anything more sturdy than... broadcloth say, or anything slippy like silks/sheers/etc. I suppose it may not be bad.
But you do get what you pay for and $6 will probably wear out real fast. It's probably only intended for emergency situations like tears on vacation rather than extended use.

~

Tes

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:49 pm
Lady Leonardo
I have this because I'd rather buy a $15 "toy" and try to learn than drop over $100 and fail. So far I'm really impressed with it! All the reviews for it were really good as well, and a lot of people said it was a good little sewing maching to take with you on trips and whatnot in case you needed to do repairs.

Now if only I could sew a straight line... I'm so close! xp
That is the difference buying the right quality is I guess  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:37 pm
I bought one of those $15 mini sewing machines. It was so awful (I don't even remember what brand it was. Only that it was a clear turquoise color). It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to put/load the bobbin, then the needle snapped 5 stitches in. It came with a replacement needle, so I managed to put that in.... and it bent. The fabric was regular cheap quilting fabric too.

It was so disappointing. sad I gave in the next day and bought a big $120 sewing machine. It hasn't let me down yet. 3nodding

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas