PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 pm
Skunky: Ginger
Piplup: Kip
Turtwig: Tiny
Chimchar: Chav
Shinx: Nox
Starly: Airie
That's my Pokemon Diamond team.

what do you like to do when naming pokemon? what are your favorite nicknames for your pokemon?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm
whatever nicknames are nicknames.

Personally I hate all of those. Exept for tiny. because when he evolves he won't be so tiny anymore xp

But I prefer nicknames that are spur of the moment. like I was eating meatballs so I named my new graveler meatwad.

I also like naming them after something they look like or something your going to make the specificaly do. For example: I bred a lickitung and evolved him into a lickilicky specificaly to use Explosion. So I named him Boomer. while the parent lickitung I used for breeding was pink. So I named him Pinky.

I personaly don't like it when people work out nicknames ahead of time. it needs to be like: oh cool a ralts I'll name you stooge because you have the three stooges hair style... only green.
not like: I'll catch 50 ralts and name them all superspy until I get a modest natured one then that superspy will be my superspy and all other superspy's will be gone.  

Mr Popo in your mouth

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 pm
I kinda have to agree with Just; What's the point of rating other peoples' nicknames? It's all subjective, so what someone else thinks doesn't really matter. Like, I don't even think anyone's going to get the joke if I told them I named my Regirock in Platinum "R.Balboa", but whether or not they do doesn't matter, because I get the joke and I like it.

If you turn this into a thread about nicknaming styles, I'll let it stay, otherwise I'm going to lock this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
I kinda have to agree with Just; What's the point of rating other peoples' nicknames? It's all subjective, so what someone else thinks doesn't really matter. Like, I don't even think anyone's going to get the joke if I told them I named my Regirock in Platinum "R.Balboa", but whether or not they do doesn't matter, because I get the joke and I like it.

If you turn this into a thread about nicknaming styles, I'll let it stay, otherwise I'm going to lock this.
Heheh... Rocky...
^_^ Everybody has different naming styles. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 pm
assuming that this is/will be a thread about nicknaming styles...
I'll usually just use random words/phrases that ae stuck in my head that particular day. With the exception of DrGiggles, which is what I name every legendary I use.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:31 pm
lol actually, all of those names were spurr of the moment, sometimes i just put random letters, lol I thought "Tiny" was just genious.  

Murri-Love

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 pm
I tend to nickname my Pokemon based on their Japanese name.
Not always, though. >.>

But I never really work them out before I catch them.

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games