Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Meditation Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zombanie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 pm
Fore-note, I don't always have this issue. I'm fairly new to meditating. It's just now getting easier for me to focus only on my breathing and clear my mind. What the problem is, sometimes when I'm meditating --- which has only happened 3 times --- I get the feeling that someone's behind me, watching me. I disturbs me to the point that I lose my concentration. I'm wondering if this is all in my head, or if it's something more --- more meaning perhaps a spirit that could be placing this paranoia on me during my meditative practice.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 am
paranoia is a normal and natural feeling, i go through it all the time. it's annoying when it gets in the way of your meditation, but that is why you practice self-discipline and focus. concentrate, and train yourself to forget about anything other than the meditation you are doing.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

zombanie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 pm
Chieftain Twilight
paranoia is a normal and natural feeling, i go through it all the time. it's annoying when it gets in the way of your meditation, but that is why you practice self-discipline and focus. concentrate, and train yourself to forget about anything other than the meditation you are doing.

I wasn't expecting it to be the latter honestly, but this is excellent advice. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 pm
Scientifically, meditation opens blood flow and controls it at all currents and intervals through the body. Easing muscles as well as lowering cardiac, and respiratory systems as well.

But from a spiritual point of view.
Meditation will allow the one in the meditative state. The ability to control the doors that govern the effect of the world, on this persons mind.
The effects you are feeling are most likely, you opening one or all of the three awareness gates. Which if done slowly enough, can cause a creeping feeling around you. To fast and your mind might just treat it as sensory overload. Not being able to differentiate between multiple levels of input.

Professionally. I had this problem as well, When I first started practicing meditation. So I believe its only natural.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 pm
However I must warn you that at some points during meditation. You can set off certain signal, that while not particularly powerful. Can be like a flare to any ethereal beings around you.

Ethereal, does involve beings from trans-substantial realms.
So there is no telling what can take notice.

Just like Magic, serious meditation can lead to some very strange surprises.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:09 am
I was just curious about this meditation, so how will you know if your meditation is effective or successful??  

orange_split

T e t r a g r a m

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:46 pm
If you worship, follow, believe in a God, start your practices by thanking them and appreciating what they do for you. Then, end your practices with a closer prayer of some sort. If you don't believe in a God, then visualize a bright white light for protection. Usually it's just a practitioner being paranoid that causes the strange feelings. It's all in your head! Keep on chuggin'. It'll only get better. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm
you might just be sensing a guardian. But, it might be a guardian that is trying to keep you from going deep into meditation for safety reasons.

Just try to pick up on your environment as much as you can and just don't let what you sense freak you out too much  

Satrevi

T e t r a g r a m

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 pm
Satrevi
you might just be sensing a guardian. But, it might be a guardian that is trying to keep you from going deep into meditation for safety reasons.

Just try to pick up on your environment as much as you can and just don't let what you sense freak you out too much

Why would a guardian keep you away from deep meditation?  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:53 am
T e t r a g r a m
Satrevi

Why would a guardian keep you away from deep meditation?
Because sometimes deep meditation might uncover things in your mind or memories you weren't meant to see yet.  

Satrevi

Cellach

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:56 am
zombanie
Fore-note, I don't always have this issue. I'm fairly new to meditating. It's just now getting easier for me to focus only on my breathing and clear my mind. What the problem is, sometimes when I'm meditating --- which has only happened 3 times --- I get the feeling that someone's behind me, watching me. I disturbs me to the point that I lose my concentration. I'm wondering if this is all in my head, or if it's something more --- more meaning perhaps a spirit that could be placing this paranoia on me during my meditative practice.
That's just people watching you or your inadequacies. What you need to do is rather than clear your mind, let your thoughts flow. People will often mistake meditation as a way of getting rid of thought, but that's just counter productive. The point of meditation is to meditate on things. And proper meditation is letting those thoughts flow from one another. - From my friend who is a Korean Zen Monk in Maryland.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 am
Actually that's a fairly common thing. When your body relaxes, the feelings you hold in your body are being relieved, most probably you just held a little paranoia. Don't treat it as an obstacle. Rejoice, it can be an effective meditative practice in itself.

When the next time the feeling comes up, you'll just be mindful and observe it, witness it just like a scientist watches a butterfly. You don't scream at the butterfly you just observe it with interest and detachment.  

Musubi P.

Mandalore of the West

4,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:18 am
Perhaps this feeling is in fact your own? Perhaps you have an unconscious paranoia about something?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 pm
well for one if it was a spirit it would probably be a good time for it to try it because you are lowering any guards around yourself and opening yourself up to the universe's most subtle vibrations, including those negative vibrations which could be coming from hostile spirits, though not all spirits are hostile.  

Ritual at Dusk

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm
zombanie

Can you describe this being at all?  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff