Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm
sweatdrop I've not been here in a while, but I recently got a new copy of Pokemon Diamond to replace my Pokemon Pearl that got stolen with my old DS. I've gotten 7 badges so far, and my current team is Pikachu (Raichu once I get my hands on a thunderstone), Crobat, Infernape, Quagsire, Alakazam (via GTS trade), and Rosegrade. Unfortunately, only Infernape can learn Rock Climb, which I need to teach a Pokemon on my team, and I'm not keen on teaching him any HM's, even with the move deleter and move remember guy available, and heart scales frekkin' easy to get on the underground.

I'm considering changing my team because of that, but I'm not sure who to replace, and with what. I considered Rosegrade replaced by Abomasnow, but it isn't very good for HM's, and doesn't learn rock climb, so that doesn't really help me, and I'm using Rosegrade for Cut. (although I can't remember if that means anything as far as switching to Abomasnow, as I wouldn't be surprised if it can learn cut...)

Attack wise, I don't want to use any TM's except those you can buy repeatedly in the big store, and I am not really a fan of less than 100 percent accuracy moves like Thunder, Fire Blast, and Blizzard, regardless of their high power. I also want to cover the types Flying, Fighting, Dark, Earth, Electric, Water, and Ice, and if possible, Fire, Psychic and Grass as well, as far as attacks go, with as much STAB as possible, although high stats are preferable to STAB, so I'd rather not go with weaker pokemon just because they can learn a wide variety of moves and perform them poorly. I also want to be sure to have at least one ground type and one flying type (or levitate ability) for pokemon the electric and water immunities.

My primary frustration is that Diamond seems to have oddly disappointing Pokemon choices at this point in the game, other than those I already have, and reliance so many Pokemon have on TMs for good moves. I almost got excited when I realized chances to catch the 3 floaty psychic things for this game is coming up, until I checked them out online and realized that they have really limited movesets, even taking in TM's, especially in comparison to the likes of older legendaries, and all 3 are psychic type, which isn't really a weak point option wise with the likes of Alakazam and Mr. Mime out there.

Some others I've been considering adding are Gengar/Haunter, Tentacruel, and something as an HM slave, perhaps Bibarell (sp?) that water/normal evolution of that early game rat which looks like it is some sort of beaver pokemon. I'd also kind of like to put Clefable on the team, either as an HM slave (can't remember if it is good at that), or as something that can learn a lot of interesting moves, as it has long been one of my favorites.

Pokemon I wish I had available:
Swampert
Raikou  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 pm
Nobody has any advice? cry  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:27 am
I'm sorry i didn't notice this topic. sad

Golduck is able to use a lot of the HM moves. Also Bibarel works.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:37 pm
At that point in the game, you're pretty much done with cut. I would definitely get an Abomasnow in there instead. It's pretty decent if you keep ice shard, cause it's slow as heck at first and it's really amusing to get a one-hit knockout on Cynthia's Garchomp once you get to that point. xd
But uhm...as far as hm's, an Abomasnow will learn rock climb. There ya go. :3

MoonlitShadow87

Friendly Friend

9,550 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Crack Shot 50

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 am
Thanks MShadow, I'm seriously considering using Abomasnow now, at least for elite four. I just got through Victory Road, and I currently have a Bibarrel as an HM slave instead of my Rosegrade. I'm getting to the point where I can't wait for the nat. dex and Battle Tower.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 pm
Yay! I beat the Elite Four and Cynthia! I used a team of Raichu, Abomasnow, Crobat, Infernape, Quagsire and Alakazam. I've finally got the Nat. Dex and wandering around the fight island and such.

One thing I've found pretty irritating is that Pokemon you face in the Battle Tower don't seem to get added to the 'seen' portion of your Pokedex. scream

Now I need to do lots of battle tower stuff and get 10 ribbons on someone and stuff... yay... sweatdrop At least there is that day of the week lady, so I could get 10 with her, an effort ribbon, one contest ribbon, and a champion ribbon I think... Wasn't there a happiness ribbon? I'll have to go check... mrgreen  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:57 pm
I gots killed by the Tower Tycoon! gonk

My team was:

Scyther@kingsrock
Night Slash
X-Scissor
False Swipe
Wing Attack

Metagross@shellbell
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Pursuit
Psychic

Octillery@leftovers
Bullet Seed
Surf
Ice Beam
Signal Beam

I dealt with his first two easily, but his Milotic killed everything... gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:31 pm
I beat Tower Tycoon! xd

My team was Starmie, Metagross, and Infernape (my starter)!  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items