Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Your favorite festivals.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your way of celebrating.
Feasting
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Praying
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Singing
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Dueling
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 pm
This is to see what your most loved festivals and celebrations.

Mine is the wiccan new year festival.
Never been to such a lively event before Iv been to one of those. Never got to been the green man myself, but I can always hope for next year.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:24 pm
well, I've only been to a small handful of pagan festivals. My favorite was actually a handfasting. They are a lot more fun than weddings.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:41 pm
i love to celebrate as many things as i can, but i have to say my favourite holiday would be the Celtic All-Hallows' Eve. the night in which i feel closest to the Fae and the Spirits, and which feels like the most energetic time of the year. i love absorbing that life/death energy, and being in the woods, or the graveyard.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:26 pm
Hm....that's a good question...

Well...I'd have to say...The Thelemic New Year is the best one for me followed by the Feast of teh Lion-Serpent (All Hallow's Eve)

I -always- manage to do something fun for those years, even with my really Christian friends! Once, I gave out a HUGE bottle of red sugar.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

xxravenohayexx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:40 pm
Samhain is my favorite Sabbath. I usually throw a large feast with my Coven, which includes wine, cakes, and roasted lamb chop. If one of the coven members is vegetarian, we provide vegi-burgers and steamed veggies. Then, after the eating, we do a spiral dance, then a ritual to summon the ancestors. It is always amazing, no two years is ever the same.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:11 am
xxravenohayexx
Samhain is my favorite Sabbath. I usually throw a large feast with my Coven, which includes wine, cakes, and roasted lamb chop. If one of the coven members is vegetarian, we provide vegi-burgers and steamed veggies. Then, after the eating, we do a spiral dance, then a ritual to summon the ancestors. It is always amazing, no two years is ever the same.

I haven't taken part in any sabbath in about 5 years. I do miss those days.
Though I never really do concern myself with the alignment of the celebration. Iv only had my hands in on the more off the wall rituals. To say the least.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 am
Chieftain Twilight
i love to celebrate as many things as i can, but i have to say my favourite holiday would be the Celtic All-Hallows' Eve. the night in which i feel closest to the Fae and the Spirits, and which feels like the most energetic time of the year. i love absorbing that life/death energy, and being in the woods, or the graveyard.

i'd have to agree with you here though not really for the same reasons XD though i have to agree with you when you say it's the most energetic time of the year. i can't think of any other time when people put in so much effort with out expecting something in return except to have a bloody good time XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 am
Definately Samhain! My favorite of all. I always celebrate with a ritual and maybe a couple or few spell castings... and then simple dancing around in the house to raise energy and then I often invoke a deity or a powerful spirit during this time. =) and then i just charge my crystals and create a power pyramid... ^^ I draw power from the moon and try to get some spirits in.
razz  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games