Reply Ear Piercings
Uh oh, old piercing trouble.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmikat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:06 pm
So I was a very stupid 13 year old, and decided to give myself a third hole in my lobes...they went well until the right one started acting up and hurting, and now there is a keloid there. It's reall painful, for awhile any touch to my ear would hurt. I had a steroid injection to shrink it, and it did the job buuut it's still there, and bothering me. Is there anything you guys do to treat keloids?

btw, it's not painful anymore, just an eyesore and bothersome.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:29 pm
I've heard a couple different things, but what I find works is an aspirin paste.

btw, DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE AN ALLERGY TO ASPIRIN. lol. had to say it.

aspirin is an antiinflammatory, so it'll help to bring the swelling down. take one small tablet, 500mg about, and crush it up into as fine a powder as possible. then mix it with a tiny amount of sea salt water, enough to get it into a paste, but don't drown it. apply with a q-tip directly to the keloid and let it sit overnight. wash it off in the morning and see what's up. might take a couple goes.

good luck and keep us posted!

Four Dirty Paws

Tricky Gekko

Genea

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 pm
I had my ears pierced professionally when I was about four or five. The piercings infected and were removed, and I was left with keloids in both ears that would flare up painfully about once a year.

Believe it or not, they went away after I had the area re-pierced as a 14/15 year old.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:35 pm
Genea
I had my ears pierced professionally when I was about four or five. The piercings infected and were removed, and I was left with keloids in both ears that would flare up painfully about once a year.

Believe it or not, they went away after I had the area re-pierced as a 14/15 year old.

they shouldn't have let the piercing close if they were infected. :/ The infection wouldn't have anywhere else to go except further into your body instead of out of your body in the lymph secretions.  

Four Dirty Paws

Tricky Gekko

Genea

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 am
Yes, but I was a kid and we lived way out in the country (pierced at a chemist in a town 40 minutes away). They even used one of those staplegun-like piercing guns. gonk

Ten years with painful keloids was enough. rofl

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff