Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like Heavy Rain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Milk Laggeh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm
Please don't hesitate to purchase Heavy Rain. One of the most compelling stories I've ever had the experience to play. Owwin and I couldn't put it down once we got into the deep story. It's one of those games you'll want to keep playing to see what you did wrong to get the ending you did, and try to get all of the endings, just because the story is that amazing. Anyone who has played it, and loved it, please support me in this claim.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm
I haven't played it, but did get to play the demo. It gave me a pretty good idea how awesome the full experience is going to be. It's the kind of game I will one day own, play and love, but I can't drop the money on it now. Unfortunate, but I'm trying not to piss money away.

The only nitpicky complaint I could come up with in the demo is the facial animation seems to be uneven. Like the prostitute's face seemed kind of dead. I always compare crap like that to King Bohan from Heavenly Sword. That was some sick s**t. Seriously there were points I forgot that it was CG and not Andy Serkis.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:05 pm
I haven't played it yet. I'm thinking of buying it and other games that I haven't been able to play through the college semester once it ends on May. Though it depends on whether I get accepted or not to that Google internship I enrolled for.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:32 pm
@Trenn
Some of the facial expressions did seem a little fake. One character, the Police Lieutenant in the Jayden part of the demo, Carter Blake, I sometimes forgot he was fake, not even kidding. The parts of the game where the mapping is just amazing, make you forget about the few parts that aren't. It's well worth the money.

@Glink
I hope you get it.  

Milk Laggeh

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:45 pm
Milk Laggeh
@Trenn
Some of the facial expressions did seem a little fake. One character, the Police Lieutenant in the Jayden part of the demo, Carter Blake, I sometimes forgot he was fake, not even kidding. The parts of the game where the mapping is just amazing, make you forget about the few parts that aren't. It's well worth the money.

@Glink
I hope you get it.
Yea man. The visuals overall is incredible. They did an amazing job with the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 pm
It's unreal the amount of detail they put into the story. One decision can affect the entire story all the way to the ending. It's just...wow. I love it.

And how if you lose a character, they're gone for good.  

Milk Laggeh

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm
Aw, dude, I want this ******** yeah.
Now if only I had money for a PS3.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 pm
Heavy Rain is amazing and you get so attached to them and when any of them die it hurts even more than others cause they're gone and it effects the rest of the game.

Like seriously when Jayden died I was on the verge of tears.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 pm
My brother and I both laughed when we found out who the killer was because I jokingly said it was (insert name) before he even got the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:24 pm
Haha.
I was so in shock when I found out who the killer was. I was on the verge of tears whenever Ethan does the third trial. (The Gecko).

It was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a game.  

Milk Laggeh

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 pm
Milk Laggeh
Haha.
I was so in shock when I found out who the killer was. I was on the verge of tears whenever Ethan does the third trial. (The Gecko).

It was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a game.

To be honest, the story was really cliche, but it was executed well.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm
Well, like, the concept of "Catch a killer, who has some crazy new idea how to kidnap people" and stuff, yes, very cliche.

But the killers reason he kidnaps, and what not, executed well, yes.  

Milk Laggeh

Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff