30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm
User Image
Oh, inconsistent me,
crying out for consistency..

I don't know if anyone else has realized this yet, but all tanks have been nerf'd.
Nerf'd how you may ask and the answer is simple. Tanks now glow less times per day.. now all you booty grabbers may be like "so what?" but for the tank owners this is huge! It means we most likely won't make back what we paid for our fish! More about here. Please read through the whole thread before posting!
Don't forget to vote for me in the arenas!
:Wink:

Tap it please!

And you said I know that this will hurt, User Image
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:29 pm
Unfortunately yes, Gaia has tampered with my Booty again rolleyes
I logged in this morning - jumped into the Aquarium forum - and this is the first thing that caught my eye. *sigh*

ALERT! Gaia has changed your glow times! -
Lord Uesugi Kenshin  

Ginchy

3,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 pm
Yep! That's why Many tanks are going to be going on strike for a week, beginning on the 9th of this month (Friday). We are putting our fish in Barret's tank during that time. This is because Gaia is nerfing our tanks! They are decreasing our glow times and many of us have paid them a lot of Gaia cash for our fish. It isn't right and we've petitioned them but they ignore petitions.

Many tanks on this Guild (including mine) may be empty of fish during that time. Please don't delete them!

It is really bad that Gaia would do that to us because most of us pay them for our fish and then we don't get our money's worth. There's also a place to go to petition them. Here's the url:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/the-great-gaian-aquarium-strike-petition/t.60146773/  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm
i wish i could remove my fish without all my dolphins die  

WonderTits

4,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pureheart1975

11,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:06 pm
KeokiBunny
i wish i could remove my fish without all my dolphins die

You can. They don't die. You freeze them with Barret and they won't age.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm
To tell you the truth, I think we should all join in on this, Not only for the tank owners, but think about it, all those people booty grabbing will also lose their shot at getting into a nice tank with good fish... We depend on the Booty Grabbers to earn us gold, and they depend on us, to have a decent tank for them to Botty grab the gold. So, no fish in the tanks, No people booty grabbing = chaos!  

Manuelittle

achilles_tendencies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm
I don't know about strike, does anyone know the reason they cut the times?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm
Rhymes0with0Orange

A lot of people are saying it is to help reduce inflation. This is in no way confirmed, however, for gaia is completely silent on the topic. (just as they were when they nerf'd...)  

Distorqueo

Sparkly Fatcat

14,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Magical Girl 50

T00KIE

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:09 am
At first I thought, "Who is really going to pay attention to a bunch of angry gaians on strike?" I mean, I figured a handful of possibly millions of people would actually turn out for this gig of striking over the nerfed tank issue and I also couldn't help but wonder about of a corporate giant such as gaiaonline would really give a rats bottom half about the wants and desires of its members or if it would just snuff us out by banning us just plain ignoring us. Then I thought better of it!

If we as a people, as a community, and that is what we are... a community here on gaia, if we do not stand up for ourselves and our fellow gaians, our friends, our brothers our sisters, the future members and even the past ones then what good are we?

I believe that this is a fight worth standing up and chanting HECK NO WE WONT GLOW for and i removed all of my fish as well as vowed to no longer purchase gaia cash as long as this is the way they wish to dictate.

We spend a lot of time and money on our tanks, and we spend the time each day to log on and check on them and feed them to keep them at 100% happiness to ensure glow and all that wonderful booty goodness.

I think we deserve to earn out money back a little for our time!

Reduce our glow times and nerf our tanks then all you are doing is reducing the average gaians chance of earning some of the gold back that hemorrhages from our wallets when purchasing some of these fish and decorations.

Granted it is a hobby but would you people really pay 5 dollars for a pixilated fish that isn't going to make you back but a dollar of your money?

All of us are entrepreneurial and all of us want to turn a buck!

Letting our tanks be nerfed would be as if we were ranchers and we constantly allowed poachers and predators to kill off our livestock... all we do is lose money and we don't even make enough to break even to keep afloat with the number of animals we have on our ranches!

Same goes for these tanks!

I don't know about all of you but my aquarium is not only a hobby, it is a way to earn a little extra booty to pay for some of the other things I am questing for... like Inari Beads!

So strike people, and if you have not already visited Kenshins thread, check it out and read a little bit about the issue as well as some of the proposed options.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/the-great-gaian-aquarium-strike-petition/t.60146773/  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:03 am
Rhymes0with0Orange

No reason has been officially released (same it it was not done either in the previus nerfinf (Giant coatl, meats, mermaids etc).

Some users guess is to help inflation.
Other users guess is to prepare the selling campagne of new fish to release.
May be both are right or may be this just a silly moviment done thinking we will remain as cows waiting to be milked once and again.

If the ones thinking this has been made to help inflation are right, there are many other ways to help inflation with better success.  

mitasaron
Crew

12,500 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
GAIA ISSUES ONLY

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items