Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Perfect Dark Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for the fans of the Perfect Dark series. 

Tags: Perfect Dark, Joanna Dark, Rare, Perfect Dark Zero, Perfect Dark series 

Reply Main Forum
Forum Creation & Naming Contest!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soren_alenko

Captain

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 am
Well guildmates, I've come to two conclusions: One is that we need more subforums. Two is that simply stating what the forum is is just too dull. So this is where you come in!
Think up some creative Perfect Dark themed names for the forums, and some new subforums as well. If I or any other guildmates like it enough, it'll get made.

Confusing? Here's a two parter example: You want to see a tech related subforum. You submit the idea here. Several people either say they'd like to see it become an actual forum OR a few others suggest the same type of forum. BLAM! You just got yourself a new subforum, and some nice gold too. (gold amount to be determined.)(2,000 for each approved name & subforum.)

Now, that new subforum is going to need a nice name to go with it, right? Of course it is! So you got your idea for the tech subforum, but what to call it? How about Hacker Central or even Gadget Lab? In Perfect Dark, the Gadget Lab is where you can practice w/ all the gadgets and Hacker Central tends to be the place where the gadgets come from (during missions you can often hear Grimshaw telling you how to use the gadget for the mission). DING! Name fits what the subforum is for, so you get yourself some more gold!

Rules:
1.) Try to come up with a subforum that people would go to.

2.) Try to keep the subforum about the Perfect Dark series (we already have a subforum for topics not about the series).

3.) When thinking of names, do try to keep them clean & Perfect Dark related.

4.) You can both suggest a subforum and suggest names for pre-existing forums.

5.) You can enter as many times as you like, but do try to contain yourself.

6.) You can win a number of times due to Rule 5. Winnings are currently undetermined. 2,000 gold apiece for each name and/or subforum you come up with.

7.) The first person to suggest a forum and/or name will receive the credit & gold.

This contest will go on indefinitely at the moment, so you got time yet.

I'm thinking of calling the Main Forum the Central Hub (what the entrance area of the Carrington Institute is called & what some people call the main menu). Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 am
Contest has been updated. Winners will recieve 2,000 gold apiece for each name they come up with and/or subforum. So if you create a subforum and you come up with a good name for it, you'll win 4,000 gold!  

soren_alenko

Captain

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

soren_alenko

Captain

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:54 pm
Well, I had one submission sent to me.
Joe_Colt767
I have an idea for an instant action and multiplayer themed forum called the Firefight forum.

This forum will be centered around the discussion of the perfect dark multiplayer and instant action modes of the N64 game, including tricks and how players have found new effective ways of using weapons in the game along with ambush spots scatterd throughout the many levels. This will promise more fun and exciting expereinces for the members who still play PD.

I'm happy to get this one, but I still need more than this.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games