Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Who remimbers the West Memphis Three?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:13 am
Its been over a decade since the accused individuals where put in prison and I think its time to see if the world has forgotten them.

I'm a little jaded on the names at this point.

Just checking if anyone remembers this even at all.

I will fill in the blanks later.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 am
Not a clue  

Ishtar Shakti

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am
A decade ago I am pretty sure I was at the point in my life when I didn't care about the news but I may have heard about it at some point. Refresh me please?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 am
Yeah this is definantly news to me rolleyes  

CemeteryPirate

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am
West Memphis Three

There's the Wikipedia article for it.

In a nutshell, Three boys were murdered and found in a creek. Police ******** up the investigation about 100 times, and arrested 3 teenagers, managed to coerce confessions out of them (the gods only know how), and had them sent to prison for at least life, despite indisputable evidence that links the crime scene to someone else.

And a Major part of the conviction was based on the fact that they were seen practicing a "Satanic Rite" (Read: Esbat)

Edit: Oh and now there's a huge movement to get them out of prison, with supporters such as Henry Rollins, Wynona Rider, and Johnny Depp. (Even the father of one of the victims is a supporter)

I was 2 years old in 1993, though. So i got all of this from google magick.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:10 am
Oborosen
Its been over a decade since the accused individuals where put in prison and I think its time to see if the world has forgotten them.

I'm a little jaded on the names at this point.

Just checking if anyone remembers this even at all.

I will fill in the blanks later.

Obviously the world hasn't forgotten, as Johnny Depp and Ozzy Osbourne have both voiced their support of the WM3, and gave large donations to the foundation devoted to freeing them.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

xxravenohayexx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:02 pm
I had heard about them a little over a year ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 am

I remember seeing something about Johnny Depp's involvement with the attempt to gain them a retrial a few months ago. Didn't know anything more about it until just now, thanks for enlightening me. smile

Ravyn LaRoux

Kilgimet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 am
I remember reading about it in a book entitled killer cults. Seeing as I read this book some years ago, the details are sketchy. I DO remember reading it was suspected the investigation was botched and that they mostly wanted a scapegoat to ease people's minds.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 pm
I recall something about them--murder, mayhem, cults. . . I never really questioned it until recently when I read something on them in a true crime book. I really began to doubt it, but didn't in the beginning because I was like, six when it happened and not much older when everything was "set in stone."  

D_Marx

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm
It seems like they are not of my concern. The world is not fair. We don't know what they were conjuring or doing. We are not given those details. Something very well could have gone wrong in something that was over 'someones' head even if it wasn't them doing anything at all. I personally feel that the more experienced people you have around the better when you're attempting anything less than simple seasonal/esbats or equinox rites. I have no sympathy for the 'hey y'all watch this' of the occult community. If you want knowledge find it, If you don't want danger, don't invite it to dinner.

-- Vittoria.

And if you say "hey let me summon a Goetic demon for instance in my backyard just to see if it 's real" stare just.. don't talk to me. stressed  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games