Reply The Main Floor
Lending/borrowing items on Gaia.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bitter Lemons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:35 pm
Do you ask others if you can borrow an item, or if you've been asked to lend something to someone?
I'm really dubious about the whole thing, I find it hard to trust people on here, & even irl when it comes to lending. I've heard horror stories where people have lent out book & they've come back in an absolute state. I'm a book-monster & I like to keep them in good condition...As with anything actually.

It just seems well dodgy, even if they're your friend or not. At least if you know them in life it's not so bad if they don't give it back 'cause you can just shave off their hair or summink ;D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm
¢ιηηαмση тσαѕт_ѕayѕ ;

The whole 'Lending, Borrowing thing' on gaia is a big no-no. You can't just trust a stranger on the internet, and expect them to give you back your item after you agree to lend/borrow.
                                              Besides, Lending and Borrowing items on gaia is useless. Even if people can be trusted, They'll only be having the item temporary, so what's the point if your only aloud to wear a dreamers dust (for ex) and give it back in the next hour? Definitely a waste of time, that and I find it a huge scam. Because once they have your item, their holding your hard earned money in their hands. Either they sell it, or keep it forever for their own benefiet. User Image

User Image User Image User Image

Cinnamon Toaast
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bitter Lemons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm
My thoughts exactly. There's really no point, if you want an item that badly surely you'll just save up to get it/get Gaia Cash.

Speaking of scams, a friend of mine was told by a member on here that she was planning on leaving Gaia & wanted to give her all of her items. Although she said her account was too old to have a trading pass (uh-huh...), & that she'd need my friends password to transfer the items.
|:
Sadly, I'm sure people have fallen for that before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm
it almost happened with me crying
my sis wouldn't give me back my rainbow jubilee 4laugh
but she gave it back to me in the end so yeah heart  

iKawaiiKyle

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

xX-cO0k1e-Xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 am
i can get them back easily
u know why?
cuz my friends in rl that have gaia always ask for my help in sining up and all so i know their pass
so i hack them get the thing back and done
and i think people are taking gaia too serious
gaia is soposd to be a fun kind of hang out game thing... o.o
people here are too serious... >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 am
xX-cO0k1e-Xx
i can get them back easily
u know why?
cuz my friends in rl that have gaia always ask for my help in sining up and all so i know their pass
so i hack them get the thing back and done
and i think people are taking gaia too serious
gaia is soposd to be a fun kind of hang out game thing... o.o
people here are too serious... >.>

Yes, it's not so bad if they're your real life friends, it's a bit difficult to do anything about it if you don't even know them.
People probably take it seriously as they spend a lot of time trying to get their 'dream avi,' or whatever, even spend real money on the place, so it's sort of understandable. I'd be pretty peeved if someone stole my stuff on here. It goes for other sites I have accounts with also o.o;

That said though, I don't lend things out whether it be online or irl due to the fact that I can't trust many people...e.g BOOK SAVAGERS D:

Bitter Lemons

Lieutenant Katherine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:14 am
its bad. i almost lost wild things and black bat to a rich noob trying to trade for a corsage he said was a winter rose  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 am

I don't ever lend things to people, whether I know them irl or not. I'm super protective about my stuff, since my family's lost everything we had Twice.
It gets awkward when people ask to borrow things, though, 'cause I don't want to seem mean and say 'no,' but I really don't want to lend them anything > C<

kim boa

Fallen Echelon

1,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:00 am
Lieutenant Katherine
its bad. i almost lost wild things and black bat to a rich noob trying to trade for a corsage he said was a winter rose

My friend actually did trade her Smok the dragon for a corsage when she though it was winter rose.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:28 pm
The corsage/winter rose is a common scam it seems. I've even seen peoplein VH 'scheming,' & finding 'victims.'
|:
Weird.
It may not be real life, & we may just all just a bunch of pixels to the majority of users, but at the end of the day we've contributed. It's not fair at all.

Bitter Lemons

Tumbling Stars
Vice Captain

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:51 pm
You know, I know this is off topic, but do you want to know something? I buy a friend on here a couple things with MY MONEY, for THEM, and you know what they do? Sell it. burning_eyes
---
Back on the subject, I agree with Toast.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 am
User Image
User Image

Your voice is like a song in my head ...
Kathleen says...

♪: I think it really depends on the person you're lending the items too. There are some people who will never return the items you lend to them and some people who will. I met both of the types of people and sadly I lend my fallen wish to a "friend" and she never return it.
:♪

. . . that just won't get out

User Image  

Snowyfoxs

Nostalgic Waffles

14,415 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Main Floor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff