Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Promises

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm
Yes, it is something I must rant about. When someone makes a promise and doesn't follow through with it it tends to drive my gears in the wrong direction. My reasons being is becaues a person's word should be the most important decision you ever make. Breaking it would be going against everything you stand for, well in my terms it is, when it comes down to things. Sometimes I never get why a person would say one thing and have thoughts about another, going against that thing. For example I have a friend that is going out with another 'friend' of mine. I told her that if she ever broke up her then I would punch her in the face because she says that this person is the most important person in their life, meaning that you would never think of cheating, leaving, ect. Sadly, jsut the other day I overheard her say something about wanting to move to Britian and that maybe she would like to hook up with someone there. Just a simple discussion like that starts to boil me up to the point where I don't even want to be in the same room as a person.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 am
Probably not that serious, but I get that quite a bit. People will make plans with my bf and I during the week of what we are going to do on the weekend - or for a important event like a birthday.

When the time comes around they are no where to be found, no call. Nothing. Just didn't show up. You would be amazed at how many times this happens.

And of course when it is they who want to do things (without any warning), my bf and I tag along...

Sometimes I think I am too nice.  

00Shoe
Captain

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 pm
Same problem with me. I am a nice guy. I have no reason to be mad at people all the time or hold a grudge unless someone absolutely does something ridiculous, but my heart is kind and I just don't have the gut to put my foot down.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 am
Probably because we don't want to seem like we are the jerk.  

00Shoe
Captain

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm
I'm the same way, I hate when promises are broken but I don't do anything about it because I don't wanna seem like an a** ya know?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:25 pm
Me, personally, I think a lot of people out there are just a bit weak minded. they come up with excuses like ' I can keep a section of my mind blocked off' or 'I have alternate personalities.' I don't believe these kind of things to be true. It's just a way people act to get attention and to gain access to some people.  

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:32 pm
Not really too sure how this goes with promises but I agree, it seems like a lot of people make up issues just for attention - it would be easier to just ask for attention in my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm
Sorry, I guess ranting leads into other things, heh.  

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:46 am
Quite all right!

You could start up a whole bunch of rant threads if you wanted :p  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 pm
I know I may, but I like to squeeze at least ninety percent of the lemon before moving onto another one.  

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 pm
I was more thinking of doing a bunch of discussion. Plus I always like to raise our post count!  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games