Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Town Talk <Chat, converse, silly games and general random talk>
Currency of Byako

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a Good Idea
  Yes
  No
  Impartial (please comment below as to why)
View Results

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 pm
So, I have had a thought for some time now about how our characters in the city of byako, actually make exchanges and grow as charatcters within the massive rp. To that end, one block of the foundation would be a currency system. A way to award people money to use for goods and services within the rp itself. Obviously, this is no easy task, and it would change the way the rp would be handled. I propose the creation of a City Service, the Byako Bank and Trust which would cater to all of the citizens of Byako. Now, we would want to have, idealistically, one currency that could be used, but that would be up to the Clan Leaders to decide on, because they may wish to make their own currency for their clan. If the case would be such the Byako Bank and Trust would serve as a currency exchange service as well. Now, since I am the one proposing this, I would expect to be in charge of it, however, I do not want it to be assumed that this new territory would count towards my organizations. I feel it should not be, since it will be a city service and run by a government official (with representatives of all the clans working within it for currency exchange purposes.)

Post your comments on this here.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:52 pm
I like the idea! As long as I don't have to deal with the complicated factors.  

Fasia3

Distinct Dabbler

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:00 pm
Please vote in the poll and accept the free gold for doing so  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm
Impartial:

Only because the way I figure, most people wont pay attention to this. They will continue to have the Metal Gear or Resident Evil style of holding things where they "Pull things literally out of their a**" because they can hold obsene amount of items or have an limitless wallet.

To get rid of that, you would have to make people actually pay attention to how much money they have by implacating a new rule along the lines of "People must include in their post how much money they have" not as a declaration from the character but at the top simply to help keep track.

It would be a nice addition and add to the roleplay, but I doubt that people will actually take this to its fullest of actually utilizing the bank for anything more then plot useage.

ProperGamer

Aged Autobiographer

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 pm
I'm going to have to agree with Gamer here.

Such a thing has been attempted before.
You haven't heard about it, because no one cared.
It was barely a blip on the radar.

To implement this would force people to do extra work with each post and would make it difficult for everyone to be able to pull helicopters and infinite ammo out of their asses.

Chances are, at least one of two people would leave over it, and, if you've ever spoken to Jasae, that is a bigger crime than shooting his cat. As such, any plan or course of action that might cause someone to leave Byako will get shot down before it can be implemented by the Captain, himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 am
well like you said it would be very difficult to implement.
Though some people do limit the amount of things or weapons they do have on them, but the idea is a good one.
Just not sure on the practicallity of it.
A single currency would be debatable and challenging to adapt since certain groups already take diffrent types of payment, i.e. The Moonwatchers who only accept Jarian memorbila as payment for weapons and such.
Trying to adapt a single currency ,in this example, would require changing a central aspect of how the Moon Watcher store is run. It would make more sense for the Clans to issue their own type of currency. But regardless I can talk to the other mods and captains to see their ideas about it.  

supremeviva
Crew

Malevolent Codger

6,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:26 pm
So, Viva, how go those talks with the others in the upper echelons?  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:19 am
yes. I had spoken to Jasae about it a while back. I figured we wouldn't ever get it under one currency, but the bank would have a representative from each clan or organization to do currency exchange and provide clan specific currency for exchanges and such.  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

BYA-Dunwell
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:01 am
Well I don't think this will work out since we Byakonians are not known for being meticulous. sweatdrop Like ProperGamer said, you'd have to get everyone constantly updating thier balance for each of thier characters all the time and frankly I don't reckon most people will want to do that.
I think its a pretty neat idea, just it's gonna be awkward to pull off. People would probably feel more confident in the idea if they knew more about how you were going to implement it.
And we'd have to make up a new currency, and exchange rates, and..
A stock market page in the news would be fun though.
But isn't the whole point of Byako that it's total freedom and anything goes? I think limiting people's activities to a cash balance is gonna be something Jasae disagrees with, yeah.. sweatdrop Plus isn't this whole city a mishmash of different worlds and cultures? Storywise too, I think there would be revolts in the streets if this was proposed.. we've had the same thing in the UK over here when they tried to make us use the Euro like the rest of the EU. scream
I propose we treat this like an event, announce an upcoming universal currency and have everyone RP thier characters' reactions. See how many of our clans and establishments are for and against the change, maybe spark off a few more battles and such cos posting's been pretty slow lately. Shaking up the establishment would be fun. xp
So I support everyone arguing over this! For it shall make good news!! *dramatic fanfare*  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Since I'm not a crew or vc my opinion wont really matter but why not use any equal currency system. What dose that mean? Well, all it means that 100 gold is the same as 100 Yen or $100 or even 100 Copper Coins. It's not really what type of money your character uses only the number that matters. That way you would put the type of currency you character uses that matches with them.

But if you just want one type off currency then consider using Credits. It is the most common from of currency used within RPs.

Sadly... I have to agree with Gamer on the fact no one would fallow any currency system. But, we should still try to use some kind of currency system. I just think that we should consider one that dose not relies on numbers.

How is that possible? Well, this is a RP Guild... So why not make someone RP for whatever item they want. Lets say they want a small Item like a potion or a med+kit. Then the SHOP OWNER would send them on a quest to deliver a message. Lets say the person wants a new weapon or armor. Then the SHOP OWNER would send them on a quest to fight a band/group/small military force of some kind. And if they want something like a new ability/pet/transportation Then the SHOP OWNER would send them on a quest to fight a boss.

The only problem is that the only people who could be shop owners are people who will spend most of the time RPing as random NPCs.

Note this could be modified. Instead of directly questing for the item you want... we could set up a quest hut. After completing a quest posted by someone willing to run it, the quest-er would get a set amount of cash to use for what ever item they wanted.

I hope I was able to help a bit. Something like this will need time for structuring, so if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I will gladly help.  

Sohisohi

Town Talk <Chat, converse, silly games and general random talk>

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff