Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:32 pm
So recently my parents dragged me to their collage reunion at their old university. They met up with one of their old friends who lived and worked at the university (no rly they had a house there) and the friends took us to their house. Now these friends have a son. He's sort of dark and asian, really cute! He plays the guitar, the ukelele, and taught himself the drums. But the problem is he's 11 months older than me, and we dont even go to the same school! But he was so nice to me, and he even played me music on his guitar when it was just me and him alone. I'm just wondering if its right to like him if he's a little older, known by my parents, not very well known to me, and the fact that I don't have any mean of contacting him! I probably won't even meet him again, but I really can't stand any other boys I know! I feel like if I choose anyone else, I'd be compromising, or settling for someone I'm not totally into. What should I do?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 am
Don't let him go. Try to meet up with him again, and just hang out with him. That's not a lot if an age difference at all! My sister, who is 25 years old, has a boyfriend that is 41. The limit at most is 5 years. I hope everything goes well! :]

And the beat goes on and on...♥

Tumbling Stars
Vice Captain

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Shadow 0f 0nyx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:33 am
That's not much of an age difference, so you're good as far as that goes. You prolly know the guy's name, and you prolly have a facebook or myspace, so search him on there? If not, you could always try to meet up with him somehow... Maybe have your parents have another reunion or something, and tell him about Gaia, so that way you could at least be friends on here. Hope this helps at least a little bit!
=^-^=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 pm
Haha, no, when I said I don't have any means of contacting him, I wasn't kidding... Well no means short of asking mom what their # is, and that conversation might go like this:

ME: Hey mom, you remember that colage reunion? Can you gimme the family's #?

MOTHER: What for?

ME: Well, I kinda wanted to talk to (he shall remain anonymous!)...

MOTHER: OHEHMGEEE! YOU HAVE A LITTLE GIRLY CRUSH! *hugs forcefully and crushingly* EMIGOD YOU GUYS COULD DATE AND GO TO PROM AND BE HIGHSCHOOL SWEET HEARTS AND GET MARRIED AND 70 BIGILLION CHILDREN! I'LL CALL HIS MOM!!! *dials phone* KKK, SO MY LITTLE GIRL IS TOTALLY IN LOVE!! GEUSS WITH WHO!! YOUR SON! OMGOMGOMG-

ME: burning_eyes  

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

iiKitAyKaT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm
lmfao!im sorry but that was funny the way you explained it

but like...i guess you should still ask for the number.maybe he likes you back and wants to talk to you again.and if she does do all that stuff, tell her that shes embarrassing you and stuff  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 pm
i know just how you feel with finding the *right one* because i cant look at anyone other than my ex. i mean he is my whole world and he still has my heart....and we still love eachother. (i know this because he told me and he hasnt dated anyother girl since we broke up) but yeah try to get his number or try to find him on the internet, just what ever you do dont let him go. im glad that i met my ex and that we still see eachother, do what your heart says is right. the way you know that *he* is Mr. Right is that your body feels totally different from anyother guy that you have been with. (its a wonderful feeling) heart xd 3nodding  

vampires_cant_be_tamed20

head_turner_chic111

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm
its ok for you to like him.I like a guy whos one year older than me  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:50 am
don't let him go or else you will regret it you should try asking your mom about them so that way your dad won't freak out about you dating.  

Yuki Solaria

6,450 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lady Beltane

Cheery Loiterer

11,850 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm
Zenally
Haha, no, when I said I don't have any means of contacting him, I wasn't kidding... Well no means short of asking mom what their # is, and that conversation might go like this:

ME: Hey mom, you remember that colage reunion? Can you gimme the family's #?

MOTHER: What for?

ME: Well, I kinda wanted to talk to (he shall remain anonymous!)...

MOTHER: OHEHMGEEE! YOU HAVE A LITTLE GIRLY CRUSH! *hugs forcefully and crushingly* EMIGOD YOU GUYS COULD DATE AND GO TO PROM AND BE HIGHSCHOOL SWEET HEARTS AND GET MARRIED AND 70 BIGILLION CHILDREN! I'LL CALL HIS MOM!!! *dials phone* KKK, SO MY LITTLE GIRL IS TOTALLY IN LOVE!! GEUSS WITH WHO!! YOUR SON! OMGOMGOMG-

ME: burning_eyes

trust me. That's a lot better than some mother/daughter conversations I've heard. If I was still a teen and I told my mom or dad (especially my dad), they'd probably give me the number with a raised eyebrow and then proceed to listen to our conversation over the phone in 'secret' xd :

And NO! No way is 11 months a big difference. My bf/fiance and I are one year and a half apart.

Just get in touch with him. Let him know that you had a lot of fun and would like to hangout sometime. If you don't want to be direct then ask if he could give you guitar lessons.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:58 pm
Carolina says...
11 months is not really a limit to 'hes older than me' i think u should see him, if hes nice to u and if hes cute hes eye candy User Image
User Image  

iKawaiiKyle

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Advice Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items