Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Fans of Sailor Moon!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you didn't like the changes they made to the American version.
  Just be glad they didn't do this!
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 pm
You can skip to the video part, but either way it's horrifying. xd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCVd6UynkrU  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm
WHAT THE ********!!!!!

is sailor moon? (just kidding I know what it is, but I have to say that is pretty crappy)  

Tybarious

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:12 pm
First off, ******** hilarious. But ultimately pisses me off that they'd treat original creations from another country so terribly. I feel sorry for Sailor Moon. Its still one of my all time favorite anime because there are a lot of memories attached to that time, but it still fell victim to s**t dubbing and editing jobs of that decade.

Apparently Japanese kids can handle a lot but the western audience can never handle anything.

edit: Actually, it sort of depresses me to know that Sailor Moon has been handled so terribly over the past several years that you can't even buy the full collection uncensored and unedited. The Japanese company that owns the rights also won't let us have a piece of the pie anymore. We never even got the final season...

edit 2: OK I watched it again and nearly barfed from laughing so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 pm
Sailor Moon definitely got the worst editing job in the history of anime. I did see the first couple of seasons, uncensored, on dvd once. But at the time, I didn't realize how terribly the english dub had been handled. But I've never seen Sailor Stars. I'd like to cuz I heard it has male sailor scouts. In skirts! surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm
Wow...just wow... I can't believe they even thought to do a hybrid of live-action and animation. I mean seriously that was bad I mean like seriously bad!

I agree with you purple and my little brother. Sailor Moon has seriously gotten the short end of the stick I mean the horrible editing they did to that poor series. However, I thought it was hilarious how the USA tries to make it better between Neptune and Uranus by making them cousins or sisters or something yet you can still tell they are into each other so now not only do you have lesbians you have incest going on now too! *chuckles* That was funny to me.

As for Sailor Moon Stars yeah I would have loved to seen that whole series. I've read the manga and I've seen the ending in Japanese once didn't know what was going on but it was cool! However, what it is the Sailor Star Scouts when not transformed are three boys of a band when they transform they become girls! Yet one you can so tell still has a major crush on Sailor Moon. It's mind blowing but awesome looking. I would love to have that series as a whole uncut, unedited, but at least dubbed...at least that would be nice, but I'll take it with subtitles only.

Seriously we can handle some of this stuff at least I can...*sighs* Stupid buggers.

Edit: Oh yeah I saw that preview/commercial for that old release of Sailor Moon before. I also saw the one in the live-action hybrid, at least the animated part of it cause I remember seeing that Sailor Moon and those wind-board things they were riding. I love Amy's name "Blue" how original there... I like the later names.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm
I always thought it was weird how sailor saturn was death shensin and not sailor pluto xd  

Tybarious

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:19 am
I am reminded of the Super Mario Bro's show. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2fi_f5OLY )

...And one of those girls around 5:43 min. into the video looked like a man. (@_@)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:26 pm
Oh god that was horrible, I couldn't even finish watching it.
*throws up my entire lifes worth of meals*

They shall burn in the unending firey pits of the deepest level of hell where they belong, for they are the lowest of the low and deserve 1000 times more pain then anything imaginable !!!  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:51 pm
Dude, calm down. They didn't do it. That was just a crappy trailer that never made it out of the box. xp No need for melodrama.

Rini: That looks awful too! xd But funnier for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB00TuvadjY

Sailor Stars, remastered and subtitled in English. You can begin thanking me now. xp The final episode is 200, so you can tell this person doesn't have all the episodes up yet but I'm sure they'll get there. Enjoy.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 pm
Dude: Wow calm down seriously it was just an idea they had. I'm sure you've had an idea that when you looked back on it later you questioned your own sanity well this was theirs. Besides it didn't happen, thankfully.

Ty: Really? I thought it was rather logical to make Saturn Death and Pluto Time because if I remember my mythologies correctly Pluto is time...I think but it has been awhile since I last looked into some of that stuff.

Iakun: I'll watch this when I have the time. It'll be nice to see the ending without squinting and giving myself a headache and having subtitles.

Seriously though they just need to re-release this whole serious in it's entirety to the public uncut, uncensored, with subtitles at least. I would be a happy camper...though I'd hope it would be after I had some money again. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 am
Nope, Pluto was the roman version of Hades, god of the underworld or hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_(mythology)  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 am
purpleravenhawk
Dude, calm down. They didn't do it. That was just a crappy trailer that never made it out of the box. xp No need for melodrama.

Thank God *relief*
(I know, but that trailer alone is an attrocity)

Iakun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB00TuvadjY

Sailor Stars, remastered and subtitled in English. You can begin thanking me now. xp The final episode is 200, so you can tell this person doesn't have all the episodes up yet but I'm sure they'll get there. Enjoy.

Now THAT'S what a Sailor Moon series should be like.
3nodding

Moonracer
Dude: Wow calm down seriously it was just an idea they had. I'm sure you've had an idea that when you looked back on it later you questioned your own sanity well this was theirs. Besides it didn't happen, thankfully.

Ty: Really? I thought it was rather logical to make Saturn Death and Pluto Time because if I remember my mythologies correctly Pluto is time...I think but it has been awhile since I last looked into some of that stuff.

Iakun: I'll watch this when I have the time. It'll be nice to see the ending without squinting and giving myself a headache and having subtitles.

Seriously though they just need to re-release this whole serious in it's entirety to the public uncut, uncensored, with subtitles at least. I would be a happy camper...though I'd hope it would be after I had some money again. sweatdrop

Agreed, a re-release to do the series justice.

Tybarious
Nope, Pluto was the roman version of Hades, god of the underworld or hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_(mythology)

Oh the things you learn.
(I never learned much of any mythology)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm
That's pretty good quality for youtube. surprised Thanks, Iakun!  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 am
Come to think of it, yeah... It was... HUH!  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games