View Results

BlueLuva1

Beloved Friend

9,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 pm
Hello everyone. What do you think of The Stingers? I, personally, have always hated them. Ever since I first saw them in the episode with the young designer in Paris, I have hated them. It might be their ugly outfits, it might be Riot being completely full of himself, it might be Minx and Rapture, but I think it mostly has to do with their songs (I strongly dislike Jazz music) and the fact that they were added to the show to create drama. The show was amazing without them, and if they were never part of the show, it would still be amazing. After all, aren't there enough love interests for Jem/Jerrica?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm
OO now I'm kind of the opposite. I actually like them and they fit really well into the series adding the drama and a whole new "villain" group into the show. What I did hate was the obsession over Jem and Rio from Riot (LOL Rio - Riot I see several forms of some type of secret connection .. they're long lost brothers!) and Minx. It felt coming across as way too much. The music I did love, but wondered how come the sound more urban versus more Euro-pop since they came out of Germany. I hate Rio's hair and his outfits Rapture and Minx had much better clothing, but wished we could have seen more than just yellow and black just because their name were "The Stingers". Looking back at the name ... still sounds kind of lame, but gotta love their theme song lol

starbunnie

Fashionable Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

I SO VERY----- I

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:13 pm
well I'll start by saying i accidentally fell in love with Riot --- i have no idea why because he looks completely ridiculous and he's a big jerk XD ..i first spent so much time laughing at him and his stupid glitter stretch pants or what ever those are supposed to be..when the stingers first came i totally hated them..but they possibly ending up being my favorite band..They are interesting, flashy and mean but nice sort of .. Rapture cracks me up..and I like Minx's hair and her odd accent..Riot is just...extremely creepy..lol..One of my favorite episodes is when he practically kidnaps Jem and takes her away to Mexico...and when she wants to go home he just says "..but you haven't seen me water ski".."are you good?".."I'm AMAZING."..and suddenly she's content to stay a little longer xd

Most of my favorite episodes ended up being Stinger's episodes..They added a new flavor to the basic plot of Eric and the Misfits trying to kill Jem but failing..

..and I think i like the stingers songs more than Jem's possibly.. I like some of Jems..but I don't like the filler songs like "People who care" ..and I only like one or two of the misfit songs (though i do like them)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:27 pm
I don't think the Stingers' music qualifies as jazz... o.O No sax, no trumpet. I don't know what you mean! LOL!

When I was a kid while the show originally aired in the 80s, I loved the Stingers. I thought Minx was so beautiful, and I was totally in love with Riot. I love men with long hair to this day. blaugh I even loved the romantic tension Riot caused as he came between Jem and Rio.

As an adult I learned things that made me like them a little less. I found out Hasbro wanted to make more money by producing new dolls, and that's why the Stingers were created. And not only that, but they were basically replacements for the Misfits. To me, the Misfits are irreplaceable! Riot turned Pizzazz into a hot mess, and without her the Misfits fell apart and faded away.

Still, I think if they'd found a good balance for all three bands, the show could have lasted and stayed awesome. They just failed to do that.

I don't think Riot is completely self-absorbed. He acts that way, but there's more to him. In the episode "Riot's Hope," he really opens up to Jem and shows he's not as shallow as he was made out to be. Otherwise, I doubt her interest in him could have been sustained. It probably depended on who was writing the episodes.

Rapture was never a favorite. I in fact really always despised her, until Integrity released a doll of her, which turned out to be absolutely stunning. She's got a smoldering gaze and such thick, beautiful hair! So now I'm a bit of a fan.

Fin Raziel

Puttin' It All Together: Plot Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff