GS-Ball

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Jolly Victini

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm
My friend recently caught Celebi in his Soul Silver game with the GS-Ball, and I remember when they had the GS-Ball in the show. But I was really young then and couldn't really comprehend what the hell was going in in any of the episodes. I just remember seeing the GS-Ball and how they couldn't get it open. I'm not entirely sure what the GS-Ball is for in general, not just in the game. I mean the whole story behind the ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 am
According to Bulbapedia, in the anime it was supposed to contain a Celebi that would play a major role in one of the anime arcs, and the idea was scrapped when Celebi was chosen to star in the fourth movie instead.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:38 am
You know the pal park balls,they look like the GS ball  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Didn't a director tell us to just forget about the GS ball?  

Bulbasauurr

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 am
Bulbasauurr

Yep. Like Cassidy said, originally they had planned for an arc with Celebi and started building up the foreshadowing, but decided halfway through to make Celebi the star of the fourth movie instead, which made the half-prepared anime plot obsolete. So they had Ash and company drop the ball off with Kurt and never speak of it again in hopes that we'd all forget it ever existed.

Also, the GS Ball doesn't exist in HG/SS, so your friend is lying. Like Nicole pointed out, he might've gotten Pal Park balls confused.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

Yep. Like Cassidy said, originally they had planned for an arc with Celebi and started building up the foreshadowing, but decided halfway through to make Celebi the star of the fourth movie instead, which made the half-prepared anime plot obsolete. So they had Ash and company drop the ball off with Kurt and never speak of it again in hopes that we'd all forget it ever existed.

Also, the GS Ball doesn't exist in HG/SS, so your friend is lying. Like Nicole pointed out, he might've gotten Pal Park balls confused.

probably. ill see if he is  

The Jolly Victini

Friendly Shapeshifter

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas