Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?
POKEMON IS THE WORD OF DA LAWD!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melikefood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 pm
Link
It's funny because my first post as a n00b in this forum was about how Pokemon was satanic.
-Discuss  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:52 am
Holy s**t! A religious group that actually... Accepts Pokémon as something of god and not the devil?!  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 pm
Pokemon is serious bsns. When the idea of pokemon was conceived I'm sure that the creators aim was to use the cover "it's for kids!" in order to cloak a religious crusade.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm
Bulbasauurr
Pokemon is serious bsns. When the idea of pokemon was conceived I'm sure that the creators aim was to use the cover "it's for kids!" in order to cloak a religious crusade.

Because we all know how much the Japanese love Jesus. pirate  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

YukiSukiChan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm
my mom thinks pokemon is demonic and racist.

demonic because she saw posters of raikou and entei in my room and thought they were pictures of demons and thought i was worshiping the devil

racist because there's only been one african-american in pokemon history,which was battle arcade star dahlia, unless you consider the beautys from gsc african american.
stare  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:55 pm
vulpixgirl1
my mom thinks pokemon is demonic and racist.

demonic because she saw posters of raikou and entei in my room and thought they were pictures of demons and thought i was worshiping the devil

racist because there's only been one african-american in pokemon history,which was battle arcade star dahlia, unless you consider the beautys from gsc african american.
stare
Considering there IS NO AFRICA OR AMERICA in Pokemon, there are NO African-Americans in Pokemon, EVER.

As for racism in general, though, Japan is a generally racist country and blacks (and Americans) are usually portrayed in a stereotypical and/or negative light when they're portrayed at all. Hell, Jynx's original design looks like blackface. Japan is not a racially diverse culture so they don't feel the need to create racially diverse casts. "Nobody will care if we don't" is not the same thing as "we won't because they're inferior," though.

But I have to ask how your mom would even know how many blacks are in Pokemon unless she follows it obsessively.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:10 pm
Pokemon is aimed at Japanese children. I don't see a pokemon character and go, "oh that character is Japanese," or "oh that character is black". Africa and Japan don't exist on pokemon planet. Neither does America or Europe, ect. So who gives a ********? Why does everyone have this need to pull issues like race or religion into every aspect of their lives?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 am
Also, Arcade Star Dahlia isn't black. She's Latina.

I have to agree with the Who The ******** Cares? attitude when it comes to Pokémon and its representation of race (or lack thereof). It's Pokémon. A children's card game franchise. Need I say more?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm
I rather enjoyed the "See my defenition of evil above" speck of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:14 pm
i'm not the one saying it's racist. My mom and other people do like my teacher but i don't. I love pokemon but I hate all the racist debates that has been going on. I heard that nintendo is going to change the names of Pokemon Black and White to Pokemon Night and Day. I know you know why. The next thing to go is oreos -_-  

YukiSukiChan

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:20 pm
vulpixgirl1
i'm not the one saying it's racist. My mom and other people do like my teacher but i don't. I love pokemon but I hate all the racist debates that has been going on. I heard that nintendo is going to change the names of Pokemon Black and White to Pokemon Night and Day. I know you know why. The next thing to go is oreos -_-
In Nintendo's defense, there is already a game with the title "Black & White."

Besides, "Night & Day" is actually relevant to the inclusion of time-based events in the game series, .

Also, if they change the names, I win a bet with my girlfriend, and she has to buy me dinner.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 pm
I will be very upset if they changed the names for anything other than because the makers of Black & White think they own the colors. "Black" and "White" are not inherently racist; Any racist connotations are simply in the mind of the viewer, unless the games get renamed to "Pokémon Black People Version" and "Pokémon White People Version".

Even if the names were changed to "Ebony" and "Ivory", as cooler as those are, it's still the principle of the matter. :[

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games