Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply Introduction Thread
Did it for the lulz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am
Yeah. So I'm bored. And no one is on at 11:40am on a Monday. So I'll make a little about me post for stalkers.

So I'm 19. From NC. I used to be obsessed with CoD. I played it all throughout high school. But now I'm in college, with little time between classes to enjoy a nice game. But I do anyways.

More recently, I've gotten tired of hearing a bunch of 10-year-old curse and talk about weed over CoD lobbies, followed by an obnoxious yell during the loading screen. So I bought BC2. Which is totally the s**t. It's so realistic. You can actually be a sniper. None of this 'quick scoping' or sniping with a assault rifle across the map. And you have to play as a team; none of this run around randomly by yourself s**t.

Anyways, back to CoD. I was pretty hardcore back in high school. I don't really care for rank. (4th on 4, 3rd on MW2) I played SAD constantly with a clan on GB for a few months. We placed in the top ten 3 times out of probably 100 tournaments (3rd, 8th, 9th). xD We weren't that bad. To put it in retrospect, if you weren't in a organized clan, and we got in your lobby, only sheer luck (or us bullshitting around) would allow your team to win.

One of our members went pro (online tester for some company), I still play with one every now and then, the other is fast-tracking through college.

So yeah. that's my CoD history. So post here, add me, etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying the guild. 800 members in 5 months has to be some sort of record?

GT: IIII Doug IIII  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 pm
*Stalks* Oooohhh... wink

Dude, did you play at all on 4/20? Yeah....annoying as s**t. I hear ya about the pot heads and children. Half the time I don't even use a headset because I wanna be "that anonymous person without a mic" kicking their annoying asses back to playing runescape. (Not knocking runescape or anything....uh..what?) cool

I need BC2... especially now that you talk about the sense of TEAM in that game. I have no respect for those douches that are on your team in CoD and complain about everyone on their team and put everyone down, while they're sitting across the map watching and waiting for the stragglers from the other team to come along so they can kill em and get a better k/d ratio...and not even helping to capture the damn HEADQUARTERS!

Sorry...it's still a sore spot sweatdrop

But good to know more about the great DougDoug.

On a personal note, where you going to school and what for?  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:26 pm
Some technical school for Computer Technology.

Transferring to a University in a year or so. Get an actual degree. Lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 pm
Lol good man. Same here. Get my 2 year degree so everything transfers smoother to a University. I've been told if you take some classes, then transfer, the university you transfer to, can pick and choose which classes to accept and give you credit for. However, if you get your A.A. first, then transfer, the university will have to recognize it and give you complete credit at their school for that degree.

What I've HEARD  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm
My school is recognized either way. xD

I'm just getting a basic IT certificate. Then I'll take my A+, Network+, and Linux+ tests, and get those certificates as well.

Basically, I could get a year this time next year as some type of IT dude. But I'm going to get the degree for the extra cash.

That way, I can buy a real M4A1.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 pm
Well my school sucks a** then, doesn't it? Lol I mean our mascot is a sasquatch. How much more desperate could they have gotten? I think the sasquatch is like...the default mascot for school not cool enough to actually be creative haha

IT dudes are always cool, but extra money IS cooler. I hear ya there lol  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:32 pm
Mine is a Titan..

Sounds lame as well. Dx  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm
Haha the high school I work at's mascot is a Titan. They got these gross maroon and tan colors... Oh sorry, not maroon. CRIMson. They get all pissy when you call it maroon....but I graduated from their rival school, and can also make them run laps whenever I want, so I don't care so much. HA xd  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100