Need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yomi-mikazuki chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm
Hey Yomi here! And I need some girl help biggrin

Umm...well, let's see where to start... So, I'm an average 15 year old and I still don't know if I'm interested in boys or girls. Yeah, weird right?

What's funny is that I don't know if I'm either feeling no emotion at all or I like both genders. Do I find both girl and boys attractive or nobody attractive?

So is there another way to figure out if I'm straight, gay, or bisexual?
I don't want to jump to conclusions and say I'm bi... isn't everyone bi these days? xd

~~~And is it weird to find cartoons (specifically anime) people more "attractive" than real people??? eek  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm
Finding people not that attractive now, isn't really that big of a deal. No one really needs a boyfriend or girlfriend in high school or middle school. People just think they do. Best way to find out if you straight is, think about what do men really mean to you? Also another way to find out if your gay or bi is have you ever felt different somehow. How you act can be another way.
Finding anime better then usually other humans just means your really not that interested in someone of your school or town. So maybe you just need to look else where. Also could mean the guy/girl(if you like the guy in the anime or girl) that is close to the someone you want to spend your life with instead of get into to many relationships and heart breaks.  

xXworidXx

Generous Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

yomi-mikazuki chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm
Hey thanks!
Hmmm... is it possible that I never find anyone I actually like?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm
When was the last time you were interested in someone? And it could just be that nobody has been able to catch your interest so far.  

Lady Amalthea Stardust

yomi-mikazuki chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Let's see... there was my friend's brother who I liked to be around. And also I kind of liked this other cute girl. But the thing is that I don't really know what the feeling is when I am interested in someone. It could be that I like them as just a friend. Problematic isn't it? Maybe I'm just too young for true love... emo  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 pm
At 15 it's difficult to know these things for sure. It doesn't make you weird, it's just another part of growing up (ain't growng up wonderful? xd ). In your teens your hormones are racing around like goodness knows what, meaning you could find yourself attracted to anything/anyone even remotely attractive (this includes anime guys/girls) or you could find yourself not particularly attracted to anyone, simply because you haven't encountered anyone in real life who ticks any of those 'attractive' boxes.

Point of all that is, just go with what feels right and don't rush to label yourself. If you want to go out with guys, girls or both then that's up to you. If you don't want to go out with anyone and just want to concentrate on your friendships then that's cool too.

Lastly, crushes on anime characters aren't weird, the characters are usually designed to be hot in order to attract a large audience. Fangirl-ing is fine as long as you don't let it take over your life. That is, make time to get to know real people, too.

biggrin  

Chibi_Sunflower

Angelic Slayer

9,800 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250

Tumbling Stars
Vice Captain

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:29 pm
Hey there, Yomi! Believe it or not, it is totally natural to feel what you are feeling. Almost everyone has those type of feelings, especially girls and boys your age. When I was your age, I felt the same exact thing. Confusion about your sexuality is normal. Hahah, and even at my age, I do think anime boys are hotter then real men, yes. Anyways, it might take a bit getting out of your confusion, but trust me, its normal, whether people know it or not. I wish you luck :]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 pm
The best thing that you can do is wait. You don't need to associate with any one group right now. You don't need to label yourself...just keep your heart and mind open. Someone will come along and you'll know...but don't rush it! Just take a step back from your life and be comfortable with yourself.  

ibbi-san

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

yomi-mikazuki chan

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 pm
Yeah, I guess I should wait...
But I'm sooooo anxious to know, because all my friends already know their sexual orientation! xd  
The Main Floor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games