Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Shutter Island will make you Shudder.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nikolai Krane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:53 am
Note: I wrote this review the weekend it came out. Figured it'd be a nice addition here. It should be on DVD and Blu-Ray soon.

Now, if you told me ten years ago that Leonardo DiCaprio was a good actor for a dark film, I would have probably laughed. A lot. But after getting home this evening after a screening of Shutter Island, I was highly impressed by him. The film is just insane.

Directed by Martin Scorsese, a great director who seems to love casting Leonardo as much as Tim Burton does Johnny depp, impressed with this film. It's very different than all of his movies I have seen, which were mainly about Mobsters or Police. Shutter Island is actually about two U.S. Marshalls, not police or mobsters, named Teddy Daniels (DiCaprio), and his partner Chuck (Mark Ruffalo) in the early 1950's.

The plot then unfolds as they're on a small ferry heading for an island that houses the highly dangerous, and criminally insane, off the coast of Maine. In their conversation you find out that Teddy's wife died due to smoke inhallation in a fire, and later you find out he was a World War 2 veteran who had come across a very brutal Nazi Concentration Camp.

The plot then continues with Teddy and Chuck looking for a dangerous convict who had broken out of one of the Wards on this island, she was there for drowning her three children. The plot then continues to just unfold and amaze from there.

After the bizarre dream sequences, and the well done flash-back scenes depicting more of Teddy's past, the movie shines with a cast that works with the film throughout, and a plot that flows pretty well. The film was two hours and 18 minutes, and it felt like only an hour. Go out and see it, but leave your kids at home. Shutter island is rated R for a reason, as there are some very graphic sequences and imagery strewn throughout.

Overall it's a very good psychological rollercoaster ride that leaves you thinking in the end.

I give it a 8 out of 10.

-Nikolai Krane  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am
I quite enjoyed this movie, I was looking forward to it a long time and delays seemed to add up.

Since you already left the review I will not re review it, nor will I add any spoilers; It is always frustrating when people miss the point of what was going on. The movie wasn't that hard to follow...

But yeah, good film!  

00Shoe
Captain

MR HIGH COMMAND

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:54 pm
User Image

good movie (not fond of the actors though)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 am
It was a GREAT movie.
I loved it.

It kept you mind-ffffed.
D:

i Kero - Chu

Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items