Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The Silver Crystal Loophole

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
The art of being wise

heart As I was pulling out a volume of Sailor Moon the other day, I went back to thinking about the whole Rini/Silver Crystal thing (anime vs. manga thing sorta)
It occured to me something HUGELY wrong with both, though anime and manga both have problems within themselves.

1. In both anime and manga, the Crystal is left with Rini after the whole Crystal Tokyo thing...or at least that's what we're all led to believe. In the manga she does and it eventually turns into "her own Pink Moon Crystal" while in the anime, we just see her with the Prism thing (like Serena's first brooch) then she's got a Crystal at least when the Dream Snatchers are there.
So my question is this; if Crystal Tokyo (or at least the Palace) is always guarded by the Silver Imperium Crystal, why is it that suddenly it's just fine when Rini has it no matter where she is (in time)?

2. In the manga when the Silver Imperium Crystal changes into the Pink Moon Crystal, does that mean that that's what's protecting Crystal Tokyo now since Neo-Queen Serenity doesn't have the original?

3. Even though Serenity lost her power as a Scout, she could still use the Crystal. Hell, one of her scepters had the damn thing on it. So...what does she use to rule/fight with now?

If I think of anymore, I'll post 'em. Or if anyone contributes heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm
Well, from what I've read, the Crystal Palace -is- made up of the same stuff as the Silver Crystal. That could be the surrogate for the Silver crystal, only it's probably a little weaker.

*Remember in one part Sailor Moon invokes the palace's power to repell the Death Phantom I believe. Which caused the entire palace to shine and all.*

Hm. that's all I can think of right now.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 pm
Rei Torano
Well, from what I've read, the Crystal Palace -is- made up of the same stuff as the Silver Crystal. That could be the surrogate for the Silver crystal, only it's probably a little weaker.

*Remember in one part Sailor Moon invokes the palace's power to repell the Death Phantom I believe. Which caused the entire palace to shine and all.*

Hm. that's all I can think of right now.

============
The art of being wise

heart This is true I suppose.

But I always believed that Neo-Queen Serenity invoked the power in both anime and manga, since in the manga Sailor Moon couldn't use the power all by herself, and it sort of gives an indication that NQS helped her in the anime as well...like she transported her spirit or something since SM didn't know about the memories Rini did heart

============

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:27 am
maybe they think the crystal will be just fine with rini?? and i think serenity might have some of the crystal's power inside of her so she can still fight with it but not have it on her.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:46 am
mistress_hydro
maybe they think the crystal will be just fine with rini?? and i think serenity might have some of the crystal's power inside of her so she can still fight with it but not have it on her.

============
The art of being wise

heart Maybe so *shrugs*

As for the crystal and Serenity, I dunno about that. It's another mystery to solve since she states "I lost my power as a Scout" and we see pictures of her using the crystal embedded in a staff to ward off the Death Phantom the first time he attacked heart

============

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:38 pm
She lost her power because she had Chibiusa. Chibiusa is indicated to be taking that mantle later.

But then again, the Line of Serenity originally wasn't suppose to be Sailors anyway. They became so out of necessity.

Plus, I have a feeling that being 'queen' is basically her ultimate form in that era. While being a 'sailor' is more..lower in rank/terms of power.

Not to mention in that time line-before Chibiusa altered it- she never made it past the title "Sailor Moon". So, 'Super' and 'Eternal' doesn't exist for them there.

Not to mention, we see the timeline alter once more. And Super was probably their most powerful form/rest form while not having Eternal.

Kinda puts things in persepective..

Anyway back on topic.

It's kinda like Q. Serenity using the Silver crystal. The crystal itself seems to be kinda of.. 'hollow'. I wager that the starseed is what really powers the crystal.

Shown in the Manga of Stars- when Mamoru's starseed was stolen, the Golden crystal 'flowered' out and it was taken.

I think, that NQ Serenity lost the ability also because the moment Chibiusa took it, it became -hers-.

Which would explain how Chibiusa is able to keep the Crystal from going 'Ka-Boom' when she traveled into the past.

It would also mean, that NQ. Serenity had magic besides the crystal itself. Not to mention the technology they had as well was far advanced.

Plus, you also should consider the Golden Crystal having something to do as well. Given the information we get- both crystals are more or less equal.

So really, Endymion (along with the Sailor Senshi) probably protected Crystal Tokyo with their powers.

I also wager that maybe when Helios comes back for Chibiusa in the future, Endymion's crystal would go to him.

Keeping a good balance of both Moon/Earth(Or..Sun in this case too.)  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:06 pm
I think this is probably just author error. Back when the R arc was written for the manga, Naoko hadn't come up with the idea of starseeds--note that the first Queen Serenity was able to pass the ginzuishou on to her daughter in both the anime and the manga without it returning to the Galaxy Cauldron, as it should have upon her death if you applied the rules from the Stars arc to earlier storylines. This was back when the ginzuishou was just an extremely powerful item, not the root of Usagi's very life as it became in later arcs.

My theory? Chibi-Usa's crystal is a different crystal, her own starseed "upgraded" with soldier powers after the identity of Sailor (Chibi) Moon was passed to her by her mother. Neo-Queen Serenity still has essentially a Sailor Crystal, since it's her starseed and she can't lose it without dying by the later rules. After all, we know that her time as a Sailor Soldier is far from over anyways, as the end of the Stars arc showed us that she would eventually, in the even more distant future, become Sailor Cosmos when Sailor Chaos pulls its big evil butt back out of the Galaxy Cauldron.

surprised  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm
Dezte
I think this is probably just author error. Back when the R arc was written for the manga, Naoko hadn't come up with the idea of starseeds--note that the first Queen Serenity was able to pass the ginzuishou on to her daughter in both the anime and the manga without it returning to the Galaxy Cauldron, as it should have upon her death if you applied the rules from the Stars arc to earlier storylines. This was back when the ginzuishou was just an extremely powerful item, not the root of Usagi's very life as it became in later arcs.

============
The art of being wise

heart Okay, that sounds good. But the only problem with Queen Serenity in the actual manga/anime in the present day is that she was computer generated in the manga (or showed up in memories) and in the anime, she was more like a ghost coming back to help Bunny...or that's what it always seemed to me heart

============

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:02 pm
I'm referring more to the flashbacks employed in the series showing Queen Serenity using the ginzuishou to seal away Queen Metallia and the Dark Kingdom--she was in possession of it, used it, and when she died it became Usagi's--and later on she informed Usagi of all of this information through her holograms in the Moon Kingdom ruins. There's further flashback imagery in the SuperS manga showing Queen Serenity using the ginzuishou in the Crescent Wand to seal Queen Nehelenia into her mirror, and this is not long after Usagi's birth...which is more proof against the ginzuishou being Usagi's Sailor Crystal.

Maybe Usagi's Sailor Crystal really is different from the ginzuishou. I've read material online that states that the last episode of the StarS anime features Usagi fusing the ginzuishou with her starseed (though I never really noticed the distinction; they look exactly the same to me)--if the two are completely separate, if Usagi has a Sailor Crystal and the ginzuishou really is just an exceptionally powerful artifact, then that would explain why she could pass the ginzuishou on to Chibi-Usa, retain some magical power as Neo-Queen Serenity, and eventually become Sailor Cosmos.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games