Working on it
View Results

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:47 pm
Lord of Armageddon
I've been looking into finding some good "mood music" lately. Just want it on hand for any future girlfriends or for any easy listening. If anyone can recommend me some good "mood music" in the RnB, Jazz, or even techno or electronic department, please do so.

@GrowingDandelion: Not entirely true. And that was just a quote from TWEWY. I just thought it would be funny to put that into this topic...and to use whenever my cousins bring up their love for the tween-pop s**t that Disney now whores itself off of.
Oh, don't even get me started on Tween-pop s**t. Like I said before, it's all just for the money now. And also, I find it double-standardish as hell, but how come Miley Cyrus is always getting her a** into trouble with nude shots and crap (although she has seemed to simmer down lately), as the Jonas brothers may or may not have purity rings? Blarg, humans are idiots.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:00 pm
GrowingDandelion
Lord of Armageddon
I've been looking into finding some good "mood music" lately. Just want it on hand for any future girlfriends or for any easy listening. If anyone can recommend me some good "mood music" in the RnB, Jazz, or even techno or electronic department, please do so.

@GrowingDandelion: Not entirely true. And that was just a quote from TWEWY. I just thought it would be funny to put that into this topic...and to use whenever my cousins bring up their love for the tween-pop s**t that Disney now whores itself off of.
Oh, don't even get me started on Tween-pop s**t. Like I said before, it's all just for the money now. And also, I find it double-standardish as hell, but how come Miley Cyrus is always getting her a** into trouble with nude shots and crap (although she has seemed to simmer down lately), as the Jonas brothers may or may not have purity rings? Blarg, humans are idiots.
Not all artists in our modern age do it for the money. Look at Trent Renzor...the dude hates the Grammy Awards and encourages pirating for christ's sake. And one of my favorite bands, Disturbed...they honestly don't care if you download their songs. Plus, no one has a voice like David Draiman...no one.

And to be fair on Miley Cyrus's side, the woman who took those "nude shots" for Vanity Affair didn't intend anything perverted with them...think of it like a nude painting for a college art class. It was for the sake of art, not publicity. Hell, it wasn't even fully nude, she was covered mostly by a blanket. Sure people misinterpreted it because she's a celebrity, but that's mostly America being more worried about Britanny Spear's problems than being worried about the situation in Darfur.

As for the Jonas Brothers and their stupid ******** purity rings...well, let's just say that's a lifestyle choice that is far from being my kind of thing.  

Sir Codin

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:34 pm
GrowingDandelion
Lord of Armageddon

Fun fact: teenagers who wear purity rings are no less likely to have sex than teenagers who don't.

Just thought I'd bring that up.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
GrowingDandelion
Lord of Armageddon

Fun fact: teenagers who wear purity rings are no less likely to have sex than teenagers who don't.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

It'd be more effective to have a tattoo of Jesus on your hands to prevent you from jacking off.  

Sir Codin

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Plus, no one has a voice like David Draiman...no one.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Lord of Armageddon

It'd be more effective to have a tattoo of Jesus on your hands to prevent you from jacking off.

This would only give me more incentive to masturbate.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 pm
Mephisto D
Lord of Armageddon

Lord of Armageddon

I never said it was a bad thing. I just implied it's unique. I like his voice.

As for the Jesus thing...

xd

BTW, returning to one of my previous questions...do you know of any good "mood music", D?  

Sir Codin

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm
Lord of Armageddon
GrowingDandelion
Lord of Armageddon

Not all artists in our modern age do it for the money. Look at Trent Renzor...the dude hates the Grammy Awards and encourages pirating for christ's sake. And one of my favorite bands, Disturbed...they honestly don't care if you download their songs. Plus, no one has a voice like David Draiman...no one.

And to be fair on Miley Cyrus's side, the woman who took those "nude shots" for Vanity Affair didn't intend anything perverted with them...think of it like a nude painting for a college art class. It was for the sake of art, not publicity. Hell, it wasn't even fully nude, she was covered mostly by a blanket. Sure people misinterpreted it because she's a celebrity, but that's mostly America being more worried about Britanny Spear's problems than being worried about the situation in Darfur.

As for the Jonas Brothers and their stupid ******** purity rings...well, let's just say that's a lifestyle choice that is far from being my kind of thing.
Fair enough. I'll shut up now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm
Lord of Armageddon
GrowingDandelion
Lord of Armageddon

As soon as I found out about Darfur, I was pissed that we were doing so little to help, yet we're more worried about what some 15-second celebrity was doing last night.  

MaverickDrifter

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Mephisto D
Lord of Armageddon

Lord of Armageddon

I never said it was a bad thing. I just implied it's unique. I like his voice.

As for the Jesus thing...

xd

BTW, returning to one of my previous questions...do you know of any good "mood music", D?

Any type of ballad can work, no matter the genre.

I like to kick back to Round The Wheel by The String Cheese Incident. Wouldn't necessarily call it "moody" but it definitely has a nice chill vibe to it though it has a nice jam out session for the second half.

Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues might work for you too.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:38 am
Still unsure what to look up next. More grunge, or more metal with vocalists that are like this:

Angela Gossow

Alissa White-Gluz

Hell I just may flip a damn coin sweatdrop

@Dandelion: I'll have to take a gander sometime at this suggestion you speak of lass, thanks ^^

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 pm
I should get more Daft Punk...  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:13 am
x_Kyro_Freed_x
Still unsure what to look up next. More grunge, or more metal with vocalists that are like this:

Angela Gossow

Alissa White-Gluz
We have a local band with a girl that comes pretty close to them.
http://www.myspace.com/allheadsrise  

Vaettur

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Ladies and gentlemen...
Tchaikovsky

That is all...  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash