Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Wards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistreena

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:22 pm
I asked in another guild, but didn't get much of a response so I'm trying here:

I've heard various people mention that setting up wards is a good way to protect oneself and others from negative energies/dark spirits/etc. My question is:
How do I set up a ward? Are there different types and ways of setting them up? What are some basic/easy ways to set up a ward?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:38 pm
Are you in some sort of trouble?  

Viscerim

Necromandy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:14 pm
I think she is just curious. As am I.

I feel like I should know what a Ward is, and that it's probably something I already know of, but by a different name.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Wards protect people in certain places. If you were actually in trouble, wards would help you until you needed to get groceries.  

D_Marx

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 pm
D_Marx
Wards protect people in certain places. If you were actually in trouble, wards would help you until you needed to get groceries.
Unless you made it portable.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:16 am
I am mostly just curious, and also paranoid haha. For some reason, I often wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares, and when I wake I just have the awful feeling that there is something in my room, or just outside the room about to come in, and I cannot sleep. If I know how to make a ward, a protective wall around me (wherever I am), then I would feel like I am protected from whatever being is lurking in the darkness around me, and I will be able to sleep. At least, that is how I feel, and as I mentioned above, I'm paranoid. I'm probably imagining it all, but since I believe in such dark forces it would still be nice to know how to create a ward to protect myself.
I'm sure it goes by other names as well. I'm just looking for the 'how'

Mistreena

DracoJesi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:10 am
Satrevi
D_Marx
Unless you made it portable.

^ She gets a cookie

Mistreena
I am mostly just curious, and also paranoid haha. For some reason, I often wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares, and when I wake I just have the awful feeling that there is something in my room, or just outside the room about to come in, and I cannot sleep. If I know how to make a ward, a protective wall around me (wherever I am), then I would feel like I am protected from whatever being is lurking in the darkness around me, and I will be able to sleep. At least, that is how I feel, and as I mentioned above, I'm paranoid. I'm probably imagining it all, but since I believe in such dark forces it would still be nice to know how to create a ward to protect myself.
I'm sure it goes by other names as well. I'm just looking for the 'how'

The easiest ward to make is to get several quartz pieces, charge and program them, then place hem so that the surround the space to be protected.

If you know how to make a witches bottle you can find some bottles made of quartz and really start tweaking your ward....

Now, as Satrevi said, you can make a portable one.

Obviously you could charge and program a crystal around your neck but while that may indeed be protective it is not the kind of barrier we really want here. We can program the crystal to project in such a way and we can even use a spherical piece of course- but we can do better.

What we want to do is to take on the pattern of the quartz itself. We want to manipulate our aura and energy body so that we ourselves power and manipulate the barrier. We can use a quartz-piece necklace as a focus or "template" but in time this will not be needed.

You can say this is an advanced shielding technique and you'd be correct- but really isn't it just a ward with a dynamo?

You can do this with other stones if you feel you need to take on certain attributes. the beauty is that this will do wonders to help you project various god-forms.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 am
yes *nods head to a lot of what's been said so far*

as i understand them, wards are objects charged magically & arranged physically so that they may protect you astrally. you can use them as gatekeepers of sorts, making sure no unwanted energy vibrations make it past them. or you can use them as an alarm system, alerting you (psychically) when someone who means you harm has entered your area.

they tend to stay put for long periods of time -- maybe hanging above your front door or buried somewhere on your property -- but as discussed above they can also be made for traveling. i've heard of witches placing wards in the glove compartments of their cars to help protect them from other drivers. i like to set up a ward next to my bed if i'm staying in a hotel in an unfamiliar town, & then i dismantle it the next morning before moving on.

also, the physical object can be anything you want! this is where it pays to get creative, as wards can be both powerful magical tools &&& beautiful additions to your home or office! think crystals, stones, plants, chimes, bells, vases, mirrors, pictures, bowls, candles, clusters of feathers, autumn gourds (a personal favorite of mine), witch bottles, woven cloth, anything!

you'll probably want to check up on your wards every now & then. maybe give 'em the old cleanse & charge on full moon nights? this will keep them working efficiently & you won't need to worry about negative energy buildup or whatever.  

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 am
It really depends on what you are trying to use them for. I set up mine to simply keep interference away from the area I practice in the most, my home. Consequentially I was only able to do so in one room, because they interfered with my cell phone service, but that's a different matter all together.

Whatever you are trying to ward off will generally have some form of polarity within it's energy, this makes creating wards quite simple if you can figure out it's polarity, and counter this the same way you would counter a magnet. Like repels like. For mine I use electronic wards, that i have attached to my light switch in the room I practice in, meaning when not in use I can turn them off, and while in use they don't distract me to keep up after they were made the first time, as they draw from my electrical outlets.

It takes experimentation, but if you understand the basic concept behind it just use physics to your advantage.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games