We need a video game thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MartianSongbird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am
Mat Kaiju
Silent Hill games are so good. I wish the next one coming out was a continuation of Shattered Memories though, I am not really excited for the direction they are taking with it.

I haven't played Shattered Memories or Homecoming because I heard they were made by an American team who bastardized the series. What did you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm
ScarletPhobia
I haven't played Shattered Memories or Homecoming because I heard they were made by an American team who bastardized the series. What did you think?

Homecoming feels more authentic, but it isn't as fun. It feels more like the developers emulating the series than building onto it.

Shattered Memories has hands down, the best best story in the series. It feels like a different universe though. It feels more like a point and click adventure game that pays homage to David Lynch Films than it does a survival horror game where you have any real fear of dieing.

Also, they were made by two different American teams. Shattered Memories was made by the same team who made Silent Hill 0rigins. Silent Hill 0rigins was not that great. There was an article somewhere that talked about how the team was given 0rigins as a half finished game for them to put the final touches on, and they only had about four months to do it in.  

Mat Kaiju

<Entertainment & Music>

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces